Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: AustinPowers on June 12, 2024, 01:35:05 PM
Quote from: weareros on June 12, 2024, 01:07:17 PMUnionism played so dirty on this one. Future funding for Casement was suddenly responsible for the dire state of the health service and not the 100 years of Unionist/British misrule. Casement won't be funded and the health service will still be on its feet. I hope FAI insist that Ireland get one of the two automatic spots for Euro 28 (even if we are shite). Let GB decide how they want to allocate the other spot. That will soften their cough. Irish government/GAA should continue to fund a great stadium in Belfast. Decisions should not be made because crowds overall are down this year. It won't always be like that.

Won't it?

The way things are going , with  the championship structures, and  the inevitable devaluing of the provincial  (well, Ulster) championship, I'd imagine crowds  will go down  even more in the years ahead.

I think this  delay in Casement being built might be a blessing in disguise for  the GAA.  As 5times5times (so good they named him twice) said above , we don't need another white elephant

Totally get that. But if you look globally the one thing that draws big crowds are concerts and sports. So I know the GAA is not Liverpool, Man City, Barcelona or the New York Yankees - but it still should go into future confident that will be an attractive day out for supporters, and this will inevitably mean some showcase stadia in our main cities.

illdecide

Guys, seriously stop stating that £308m cost as it's no where near that. It's expected to be around £240m to £250m if that. That £308m was thrown in by Unionists who just made the figure up.

I genuinely think without UEFA or FIFA regulations we can build this for £200m even if we have to drop it by 3k - 4k
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

RedHand88

Quote from: illdecide on June 12, 2024, 02:53:16 PMGuys, seriously stop stating that £308m cost as it's no where near that. It's expected to be around £240m to £250m if that. That £308m was thrown in by Unionists who just made the figure up.

I genuinely think without UEFA or FIFA regulations we can build this for £200m even if we have to drop it by 3k - 4k

Do you aye.

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

square_ball

What are all these UEFA regulations that are supposedly required?

tiempo

Quote from: square_ball on June 12, 2024, 03:59:43 PMWhat are all these UEFA regulations that are supposedly required?

Needless bullshite re media facilities and corporate, like above and beyond level
Better off without, its a provincial venue
Hurry up and make Casement great again! #HUAMCGA

Taylor

It just shows, while very slowly going in the right direction this hell hole will never fully accelerate towards a peaceful prosperous place while there is naked sectarianism in power.

I see plenty of themmuns are happy that Casement wont be hosting the Euros - completely oblivious to the fact that millions & millions have been missed out on for the local economy.

And the funniest thing (if it can be seen as funny) is that Casement will still be built and will still be used for concerts/conferences etc.

What do the knuckle draggers do then when they see the green side of the community prospering

p3427977

Quote from: illdecide on June 12, 2024, 02:53:16 PMGuys, seriously stop stating that £308m cost as it's no where near that. It's expected to be around £240m to £250m if that. That £308m was thrown in by Unionists who just made the figure up.

Them costs might be right but they're lifetime costs for the project and the build itself won't be that figure.

SF should do everything in it's power to stall the money for the local soccer clubs Lyons was happy to announce. Where's the crying out for the new hospital etc for that money.

Norm-Peterson

Good to hear it won't be ready for Euro 2028. I don't want loyalists bringing their Ulster banners into a GAA ground. Although shameful Tyrone fans already have done that. In the footage of the 2003 All Ireland final you can see that they brought the Ulster banner into Hill 16 as a joke.

Truthsayer

Quote from: Norm-Peterson on June 12, 2024, 06:50:23 PMGood to hear it won't be ready for Euro 2028. I don't want loyalists bringing their Ulster banners into a GAA ground. Although shameful Tyrone fans already have done that. In the footage of the 2003 All Ireland final you can see that they brought the Ulster banner into Hill 16 as a joke.
Also brought a Protestant back up the road ~ Sam 🏆

RedHand88

Quote from: Norm-Peterson on June 12, 2024, 06:50:23 PMGood to hear it won't be ready for Euro 2028. I don't want loyalists bringing their Ulster banners into a GAA ground. Although shameful Tyrone fans already have done that. In the footage of the 2003 All Ireland final you can see that they brought the Ulster banner into Hill 16 as a joke.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how raging were ye.... 8? Maybe a 9?

quit yo jibbajabba

You were more subtle at the start Norm 😉

You're now in danger of besmirching the great mans name

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 12, 2024, 07:02:40 PM

On a scale of 1 to 10, how raging were ye.... 8? Maybe a 9?
:)

red hander

Norm-Peterson. The worst named person on this board if you have ever watched Cheers. I don't mind Derry fanatics, god love them, but Derry nutjobs?