TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 19, 2020, 11:58:14 AM
The Jeffrey Epstein doc on Netflix. The background story of this guys rise to fame/fortune is extraordinary to say the least.

I find the names he associated with to be extraordinary - especially as they seem to have come away unscathed

Boycey

Programme was mentioned here a couple of weeks back. One thing that I thought it didn't go in to enough was how he actually became so rich. He seemed to talk his way into a lot of his positions. I suppose that followed on into the abuse he inflicted on people

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on June 19, 2020, 03:57:00 PM
Programme was mentioned here a couple of weeks back. One thing that I thought it didn't go in to enough was how he actually became so rich. He seemed to talk his way into a lot of his positions. I suppose that followed on into the abuse he inflicted on people

Hedge funds? In Wall street at that time he walked into, or talked his way into seriously high paying jobs, he was caught in one firm lying about his qualifications but obviously doing a great job so he was kept on, the guy who kept him on regretted that decision for sure.

A fecking creep of the highest order, continually buying his way out of trouble and his death came too soon to get to the bottom of his horrible past.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Sounds like he used Wexner (Owner of some huge retail chains like Victoria's Secret) as some kind of a Sugar Daddy... they didn't go into detail but inferred that Epstein was in a relationship with Wexner and basically ended up taking control of a lot of his assets during a period of time and amassed a serious fortune off the back of it.

Taylor

Quote from: screenexile on June 19, 2020, 04:36:38 PM

Sounds like he used Wexner (Owner of some huge retail chains like Victoria's Secret) as some kind of a Sugar Daddy... they didn't go into detail but inferred that Epstein was in a relationship with Wexner and basically ended up taking control of a lot of his assets during a period of time and amassed a serious fortune off the back of it.

I took the same - that he basically took a chunk of Wexner's fortune through some form (or invested it in his own name) while they were playing hide the sausage

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Taylor on June 19, 2020, 04:45:54 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 19, 2020, 04:36:38 PM

I took the same - that he basically took a chunk of Wexner's fortune through some form (or invested it in his own name) while they were playing hide the sausage

I had heard before the program that he had blackmailed Wexner after some sort of relationship which was touched on in the show.

Never beat the deeler

Anyone seen the Outsider?
Started watching last night, instantly hooked. Similar to the Sinner

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8550800/
Hasta la victoria siempre

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on June 20, 2020, 02:38:59 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thriller with a wee bit of creepiness. Classic Stephen King.

nrico2006

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on June 20, 2020, 02:38:59 AM

Enjoyed it too. A few episodes too long but still very good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

Classic Stephen King in that it started of great and tailed off badly

bennydorano

Watched both Series of Das Boot over the past week - real quality  stuff.

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on June 24, 2020, 11:05:59 PM
Watched both Series of Das Boot over the past week - real quality  stuff.

Brilliant show. Only started season 2 there and it seems just as good as the first one so far.

bennydorano

johnnycool

Quote from: Taylor on June 19, 2020, 03:43:01 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 19, 2020, 11:58:14 AM
The Jeffrey Epstein doc on Netflix. The background story of this guys rise to fame/fortune is extraordinary to say the least.

I find the names he associated with to be extraordinary - especially as they seem to have come away unscathed

Any mention of Mossad?

gallsman

Quote from: gallsman on June 18, 2020, 12:04:14 PM
It's Season 5 coming out so you're up to date :).

Not showing up on my Amazon just yet though.

Had to sail the seven seas to find it but Season 5 is a masterpiece.