Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

Quote from: Rois on December 02, 2019, 10:42:30 AM
Quote from: Orior on December 02, 2019, 09:10:47 AM
Quote from: Rois on December 01, 2019, 10:56:29 PM
Twitter rumours tonight about a very significant death, all stemming from a screen grab from a WhatsApp group with an interesting profile pic.

And what have you done to dispel these rumours? lol
I was waiting for the newsflash at 9.30 this morning and nothing has come through.

Flippin Gibbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65bEfWBgGgc

Itchy

Quote from: stephenite on December 02, 2019, 09:21:34 AM
If the Queen is in fact dead and it was leaked on Twitter by someone called Gibbo, that'd be class.

;D ;D

Dougal Maguire

Still no announcement. What are they playing at?
Careful now

Orior

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 02, 2019, 06:01:51 PM
Still no announcement. What are they playing at?

The same damn thing happened with the Queen Mother.

People thought she would live forever, but in the end she let us all down very badly.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Eamonnca1

False alarm. We'll know it's real when the tabloid headlines say "Baked Bean Brown Bread."

red hander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2019, 11:04:32 PM
Quote from: Rois on December 01, 2019, 10:56:29 PM
Twitter rumours tonight about a very significant death, all stemming from a screen grab from a WhatsApp group with an interesting profile pic.

My kids are saying the queen is dead!

The Smiths' best album.

BennyCake

I'm sure the FAI have their black armbands at the ready for when it really does happen  ::)

Jeepers Creepers

I hope she does live forever as I don't think I could take the 10 yr long media love in after....

Rufus T Firefly

Robert George Dylan Willis.

Genuinely very sorry to hear of his passing and to be honest it came as a bit of a shock to me, as I hadn't been aware he was ill.

Was a leading figure in the 1981 Ashes Test Series - one of the great Test Series of all time - but his contribution tends to be overshadowed by Botham's herculean efforts.  His 8-43 at Headingly in Australia's second innings ensured an English victory in what was a pivotal test.

My recollection is that the crowd had started to shout "Come on Bob" as he ran in, during that series, to the extent that it would reach a crescendo of noise! Great memories of a great series.

In latter years he was an unforgiving critic of the England cricket team when things were going badly and I used to enjoy watching him on Sky, giving his thoughts.

May He Rest In Peace.

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Tyrdub

Marie Fredriksson - singer in Roxette and one of the finest wearers of leather trousers in history

BennyCake

Quote from: Tyrdub on December 10, 2019, 12:42:11 PM
Marie Fredriksson - singer in Roxette and one of the finest wearers of leather trousers in history

Just caught a glimpse of Roxette on the news, and thought it was something about them making a comeback or something.

They had some good tunes. They were one of the soundtracks of my teenage years. Sad news. Didn't realise she First had a brain tumour back in 2002. RIP.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Tyrdub on December 10, 2019, 12:42:11 PM
Good singer with a number of memorable hits. RIP.