Kimmage article about the scandal at O Dwyer's

Started by Asal Mor, June 03, 2018, 12:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Jinxy on June 12, 2018, 01:01:03 PM
Get on Twitter and ask the man himself directly, Boycey.
I would but I don't have an account.

Done

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on June 12, 2018, 01:26:53 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín on June 11, 2018, 05:00:43 PM
As a local involved in the club people seem to be missing two points.

1. The GAA, in the absence of any censure are perceived to be backing the club and Liam Howley.

2. Howley is destroying the club. And the club was struggling long before this incident.

The Driver is a committed Gael and refused to take money from the club. He is entirely the wronged party. His treatment is disgusting and the ordinary members have been cut off at the knees. Refusing to allow the kids on that team play, punishing them to get at the Driver, is a disgrace. We aren't losing kids to other clubs, we are losing them to the far better run soccer and rugby clubs in the area. Better facilities, none of this messing.

I can only assume the DCB and Croke Park are backing him because of the property play with Fingal CC to move up the road in a land swap. And they are having to do that because the facilities are a shambles.

I have serious fears for the club and efforts to get answers, let alone accountability have been stonewalled.

To the best of your knowledge,
a) Was Paul Kimmage in attendance at the AGM? Y
b) Was he 'The Parent', whose actions were described in the article? N

AFAIK

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

yellowcard

If indeed Kimmage was the parent then it does call into question his impartiality and also his motives for making this case known nationally. I still maintain that the question of a third party settling legal fee's to the tune of €20k is the only item of any interest. The rest of it is just local squabbling he said she said stuff that happens in plenty of clubs up and down the country.

Kimmage is a fine journalist but he should really be concentrating on cycling, athletics and other international sport rather than reduce himself to these petty local squabbles. 

Orchard park

I don't agree 're rummage being a fine journalist. I think he is a bitter shot stirrer no just based on his recent anti GAA  diatribes

Jinxy

He has raised valid concerns, and as a GAA member I think those concerns should be addressed.
However, transparency cuts both ways and I can't shake the feeling that Kimmage has not been 100% transparent when it comes to his involvement in all of this.

Hardy

If he's writing a story in which he's centrally involved without declaring that involvement, indeed hiding that involvement by referring to himself as a third party, then he can bin his journalistic credibility. That's why I can't believe he's the parent - he'd have to know he'd never get away with that.

heffo

Quote from: Hardy on June 12, 2018, 03:04:50 PM
That's why I can't believe he's the parent - he'd have to know he'd never get away with that.

He's not

Boycey

Quote from: heffo on June 12, 2018, 03:11:07 PM
Quote from: Hardy on June 12, 2018, 03:04:50 PM
That's why I can't believe he's the parent - he'd have to know he'd never get away with that.

He's not

Lets say you are right Heffo and it is plausible that he was there but wasn't "The Parent' I still reckon hes dishonestly representing the story?

Jinxy

Jinxy

Anyway, hopefully Baile Brigín can clear this up for us.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: yellowcard on June 12, 2018, 02:31:43 PM
If indeed Kimmage was the parent then it does call into question his impartiality and also his motives for making this case known nationally. I still maintain that the question of a third party settling legal fee's to the tune of €20k is the only item of any interest. The rest of it is just local squabbling he said she said stuff that happens in plenty of clubs up and down the country.

Kimmage is a fine journalist but he should really be concentrating on cycling, athletics and other international sport rather than reduce himself to these petty local squabbles.

Nothing he said she said about announcing to all in sundry at a parent committee meeting that the previous coach was dismissed by the committee because he inappropriately laid his hands on a child. Now with all the implications and connotations that accusation invokes I don't believe there's a man here who wouldn't take the actions the coach had to take. If that's the kind of leadership the chairman is setting God knows what's going on in the rest of the club. I know if I lived in Balbriggan I'd be delighted to see this in the Sunday paper.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

The chairman should have been held personally accountable for his ridiculous actions.
Neither the club, nor the GAA centrally, should have paid any money towards settling this dispute.
I think we probably all agree on that.
That is the core of the story for me.
All the other stuff about coaches, parents etc. is local news, at best.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Boycey on June 11, 2018, 05:23:28 PM
You woundnt have an agenda would ya Baile Brigin?
I was told today that Kimmage himself was the person who was put out of the meeting is this true?

Apologies, made a bags of my profile.

My agenda is a better run club, accountability and members having a say. We cannot have this bad press and a refusal to discuss it as our committee are hiding behind legal advice.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 12, 2018, 09:24:24 AM
Baile Brigín - when is the club AGM?
end of the year usually. As early as late November, as late as mid Jan.