Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Gaffer

Quote from: screenexile on August 30, 2015, 10:48:10 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 30, 2015, 10:43:14 PM
Cooper got a yellow for his crude tackle/jump so that's incident dealt with, i dont think they can come back to it and upgrade the card or can they, as they can downgrade cards given so surely the same works vice verse?

Once a referee has dealt with the incident I think that's it!

Lad's I'm no great Dubs supporter but O'Connor definitely has a case to answer in my opinion. As a great man once said "ye strak ye go" and O'Connor clearly struck out at O'Carroll!!!

Would you quote Eamon Coleman properly?  He didn't say above!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Whishtup

Quote from: Estimator on August 30, 2015, 11:17:13 PM
Has anyone mentioned the amount of stitches he received yet?

...had it been ten stitches it would've been accidental.  But eleven......eleven, FFS!

Teo Lurley

I heard O'Carroll got gouged so badly that they had to stitch his whole head back on.

Canalman

By the way guys, Kevin Mc double hopped the ball for his point. Amazed no one has picked up on it.

straightred

Quote from: Canalman on August 30, 2015, 11:28:04 PM
By the way guys, Kevin Mc double hopped the ball for his point. Amazed no one has picked up on it.

Ref's arm was raised playing an advantage so it should have been a 14yd free which i doubt would have been missed

Canalman

Quote from: straightred on August 30, 2015, 11:30:31 PM

Ref's arm was raised playing an advantage so it should have been a 14yd free which i doubt would have been missed

Fair enough SR,

orangeman

Hard stuff today in Croke Park. There was according to the Sunday game lads a serious lot of negatives, off the ball stuff, pulling and dragging, diving etc but according to Whelo it was at the same time "brilliant".

Dublin and Mayo 2 very tough outfits. Jim Gavin comes across very well on TV.

Don't know how Dublin lost. They'll win the replay even without Connolly IMO.

straightred

Quote from: Welly Man on August 30, 2015, 11:34:49 PM
Brogan hit a kick in first half which looked yards wide. Thought that was why hawkeye was introduced. Awful game. Last ten was great stuff tho. The dubs seem to feel fairly aggrieved. I suppose i would too if someone unexpectantly started applyin the same rules as everyone else when id gotten away with it for years....

I was on the cusask so couldn't see properly. It dropped over the bar and the goalie didn't object but a load of mayo people around me were getting thick about it (but they had the same bad view that I had)

straightred

Quote from: Canalman on August 30, 2015, 11:32:44 PM
Quote from: straightred on August 30, 2015, 11:30:31 PM

Fair enough SR,

I'm not suggesting the ref knew BTW  :) He gets off on a technicality

Whishtup

Good man-was actually doubting myself for that one.

Wildweasel74

Am not sure they win the replay or not, Mayo were very poor today and cant be as poor the next day, Dublin played good in spells. mayo will force the kickouts earlier the next day forcing a  midifled battle which they be expected to win but lack of forwards will cost them, if not sat, then against Kerry

rrhf

Thats 2 Gareth brooks concerts paid for.  Mayo were poor but how good can they be.  Dublin gave the most cynical dirty performance you could possibly see, they operated in the true Dublin tradition of dirty footballers.  Nastiest defenders in the game -  might give them an edge against Kerry forwards if they get to the final. 
If officials / rule book dont see the cooper tackle as as a straight red, then our game has no rules. 
The diving incidents were hard to watch.   Cooper, Connolly ran about like loose cannons. 
One of the poorest games in the championship for football but with a super last 10.
Dubs cant tackle.  Mayo had a terrible game plan.   

screenexile

Quote from: rrhf on August 30, 2015, 11:44:10 PM
Thats 2 Gareth brooks concerts paid for.  Mayo were poor but how good can they be.  Dublin gave the most cynical dirty performance you could possibly seeaside from a Tyrone match, they operated in the true Dublin tradition of dirty footballers.  Nastiest defenders in the game -  might give them an edge against Kerry forwards if they get to the final. 
If officials / rule book dont see the cooper tackle as as a straight red, then our game has no rules. 
The diving incidents were hard to watch.   Cooper, Connolly ran about like loose cannons. 
One of the poorest games in the championship for football but with a super last 10.
Dubs cant tackle.  Mayo had a terrible game plan.

Fixed that for ye chap!!

moysider

I m not sure what we were trying to do tactically. Not being too critical of H&C or Drake but not sure what exactly he was supposed to be doing. We conceded Dublin's kick-outs, but still left our markers isolated. Dublin had extra defender deep. We didn t have even a good scrambled defence. The result was Dublin got space and possession from diagonal ball in first half and handy scores from play. We had to rely on slow build up and hard won frees.

Maybe we should have just pushed up from the start?

Thought we were unusually sloppy too at times and poor decisions were made.

We defo have more room for improvement than Dub. They pretty much played/were allowed play most of this game on their merits and we played like we thought they were better than they turned out.

Dublin - despite a lack of real competition so far - hit the ground running with more intensity than we did from the start and got early breaks at both ends early.

I would be one of those hard on Hennelly. With an xtra man and a free kick out to go for the winner he kick out a crazy longish one over to Hogan Stand side. Somebody managed to rescue it but was isolated and got turned over and could have got us beaten. A bit of composure there and run the ball from back to front and who knows?
Clarke has been back training for a week and may be ready for replay.

Mayo might have a couple of changes. Certainly need more pace around Aidan. Far too isolated at times.

JoG2

Connolly deserved the red.  He struck, red,  Keegan acted the wag,  didn't strike,  yellow.  Imo Connolly's one of the best in the modern era but psychologically he invests too much energy in getting involved in incidents that are buck all to do with him.  A very tightly  wound player.

Regarding,  COC.  An unfortunate hit on O Carroll,  but never a red imo.  Nobody wants to see any player going off with their head bust and unable to rejoin the battle.  OConnor isn't a rolls royce player in open play,  but he's arguably Mayo's most important player and that speaks volumes for the contribution he makes game in game out.