Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Therealdonald

So what was the verdict on the weekend then?

Derrylaughan with a great result. Only real shock so it was.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Therealdonald on April 03, 2018, 06:18:00 PM

Tatts v Greencastle surely was a shock?

Therealdonald

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 03, 2018, 10:08:44 PM

Don't follow below the senior clubs. Would take a quick check at results but don't form much of an opinion. I do know half of Greencastle is in Oz which wouldn't help.

clarshack

Quote from: clarshack on April 03, 2018, 11:46:58 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on April 03, 2018, 11:20:48 PM

Don't follow below the senior clubs. Would take a quick check at results but don't form much of an opinion. I do know half of Greencastle is in Oz which wouldn't help.

Any key players in oz?

Under Lights

omagh_gael

Quote from: Under Lights on April 04, 2018, 07:25:22 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on March 26, 2018, 04:37:04 PM
My tip for the week is Tattyreagh to beat Greencastle.
8)

Did you stick the house on it? ;)

Great result for the Tatts though. Teams coming down meeting a team on the up are always tricky tasks for the favourites.

We could have beat Strabane too by missing a late opportunity. Strabane went straight up the pitch and won the equalizing free.

WT4E

Kildress pulled out all the stops with a win over Owen Roes - Great to see the lads displaying a bit of fight to the end again. Had to come back from sloppy enough goals and with only 14 men for the majority - it was a good start to hopefully a better year than last.

A well supported Owen Roes will be dissappointed not to have got something from the game but I think Kildress deserved it over the course of the game. McShane played rightly put was also closely marshalled throughout and didn't have a big influence on the game which is what we feared.

Now need to beat these townie feckers on Sunday! I see they had a good result against Moortown at the weekend and did a bit of boxing too from the reports - any suspensions from this I wonder?

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: clarshack on April 03, 2018, 11:47:34 PM

Any key players in oz?

John McCullagh - Full Forward, Cahir McCullagh - Midfield and on the County team last year, Chrissey Gillen - Corner Forward, Dean Fox - Reserve Player, These are a few recent exports and then you have Paddy Keenan - Mid Fielder and Danny McDerrmott who has been there a number of years who'd prob be full back/Centre half if he was home. Also Pearce Warnock corner back from last year I think is over there.
Also I think only 1 of the Clarkes as in Enda and Eden are playing, but i could be wrong here, one was definitely playing for a club in Belfast recently. Can anyone clarify anything I have wrote or correct me if Im wrong as Im not 100% on it
Shane Coyle also was abroad in Oz, not sure if he's home or not.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on April 04, 2018, 12:34:42 PM

Any key players in oz?

John McCullagh - Full Forward, Cahir McCullagh - Midfield and on the County team last year, Chrissey Gillen - Corner Forward, Dean Fox - Reserve Player, These are a few recent exports and then you have Paddy Keenan - Mid Fielder and Danny McDerrmott who has been there a number of years who'd prob be full back/Centre half if he was home. Also Pearce Warnock corner back from last year I think is over there.
Also I think only 1 of the Clarkes as in Enda and Eden are playing, but i could be wrong here, one was definitely playing for a club in Belfast recently. Can anyone clarify anything I have wrote or correct me if Im wrong as Im not 100% on it

Short answer to your question: Yes quite a few key players
Living the dream!!!

superstar_

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on April 04, 2018, 01:31:08 PM

Any key players in oz?

Marty Conway and Sean Warnock are another two players that are away from Greencastle. That is a serious turn over in players, no club be fit to cope with losing that amount of players.

Therealdonald

Quote from: superstar_ on April 04, 2018, 04:48:30 PM

Any key players in oz?

Marty Conway and Sean Warnock are another two players that are away from Greencastle. That is a serious turn over in players, no club be fit to cope with losing that amount of players.

Christ that is more than even I knew of. Any other clubs struggling with emigration? Warnock and the 2 McCullagh's be some loss to any team.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Therealdonald on April 04, 2018, 05:24:10 PM

Any key players in oz?

Christ that is more than even I knew of. Any other clubs struggling with emigration? Warnock and the 2 McCullagh's be some loss to any team.

Controversially, was talking to one of the Greencastle lads about player loss etc, emigration and of course I said sure if you opened up the goldmine you boys be set.

Went down like a lead balloon.

LeoMc

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 04, 2018, 09:18:50 PM

Any key players in oz?

Controversially, was talking to one of the Greencastle lads about player loss etc, emigration and of course I said sure if you opened up the goldmine you boys be set.

Under the new rules they could not play their miners anyway.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: LeoMc on April 04, 2018, 10:12:18 PM

Any key players in oz?

;D Brilliant
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: LeoMc on April 04, 2018, 10:12:18 PM

Any key players in oz?

f**k yes forgot about Conway and Warnock aswel!!

Haha miners ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D