Mayo Millionaire backer withholds Money

Started by TheGreatest, September 26, 2019, 08:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Twas a total non starter. Just Cake writing for an Athlone paper.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on September 28, 2019, 05:11:59 PM

Of course it was a non-starter. But it was a purely logical solution, so it'd be never agreed to.

heffo

Quote from: Halfquarter on September 28, 2019, 10:56:20 AM
Quote from: heffo on September 27, 2019, 10:37:04 PM
Quote from: EBX on September 27, 2019, 08:31:18 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on September 27, 2019, 02:43:59 PM

I love when a new board member joins for a specific purpose . I am not attacking o leary at all I know nothing about the man other the article posted here earlier from the daily mail.
my uneasiness come's from the fear he is a tourist with no credentials other than money  and to Quote Shania twain ' that don't impress me much'
Much as people seem to distrust the county board they are Elected by the counties club are are answerable to those clubs . people like o leary  are answerable to no one .
While he money is welcome he should have no say in the running of Mayo GAA other than advisory and stop trying to shame the CB

last year when the JP McManus bequest was received.

Its no wonder the County Treasurer cant produce a Balance sheet with the amount of money coming in hand over fist.

Not really,JP McManus' gave a €100,000 donation to each county.
Enclosed in each envelope was an the accompanying note outlining how the money is for the development of GAA across the country and to be divided equally among clubs.

Was O'Leary one of the 'several influential backers' who wanted rid of Rochford?.

Why was he on the team bus and what did he get turfed off for?

rosnarun

I love when a new board member joins for a specific purpose . I am not attacking o leary at all I know nothing about the man other the article posted here earlier from the daily mail.
my uneasiness come's from the fear he is a tourist with no credentials other than money  and to Quote Shania twain ' that don't impress me much'
Much as people seem to distrust the county board they are Elected by the counties club are are answerable to those clubs . people like o leary  are answerable to no one .
While he money is welcome he should have no say in the running of Mayo GAA other than advisory and stop trying to shame the CB

Its no wonder the County Treasurer cant produce a Balance sheet with the amount of money coming in hand over fist.

Not really,JP McManus’ gave a €100,000 donation to each county.
Enclosed in each envelope was an the accompanying note outlining how the money is for the development of GAA across the country and to be divided equally among clubs.
the big difference is he handed over the money with a polite Request . he did not try and try to force  the county boards  hand and hold off on the Gift until every one agreed with him.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 28, 2019, 05:54:34 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 28, 2019, 05:11:59 PM

Of course it was a non-starter. But it was a purely logical solution, so it'd be never agreed to.
A logical solution to a non existent problem as Ros have our own Stadium.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: rosnarun on September 30, 2019, 12:11:28 PM

Not really,JP McManus' gave a €100,000 donation to each county.
the big difference is he handed over the money with a polite Request . he did not try and try to force  the county boards  hand and hold off on the Gift until every one agreed with him.

You make it sound like the CoE was his idea

TheGreatest

A bit of a Roman Abramovich scenario going on here, lots of double standard posters.

Its not pleasant having your laundry aired in public is it... especially for everyones favourite county, the arent we great brigade.

MayoBuck

Quote from: TheGreatest on October 01, 2019, 08:54:13 AM
A bit of a Roman Abramovich scenario going on here, lots of double standard posters.

Its not pleasant having your laundry aired in public is it... especially for everyones favourite county, the arent we great brigade.

You see it across the country where individuals put money into their county. Declan Kelly Tipperary, JP McManus Limerick, Bertie Ahern and the €5m to Dublin.

TheGreatest

Quote from: MayoBuck on October 01, 2019, 09:18:58 AM

You see it across the country where individuals put money into their county. Declan Kelly Tipperary, JP McManus Limerick, Bertie Ahern and the €5m to Dublin.

As i said Double standards, At least other counties can put it to use, not a hope in Mayo. Dont even have the competence to accept free financial gifts.

MayoBuck

Quote from: TheGreatest on October 01, 2019, 09:21:38 AM

As i said Double standards, At least other counties can put it to use, not a hope in Mayo. Dont even have the competence to accept free financial gifts.

I suppose it's difficult when you have actual volunteers trying to run the county board. There are several full time administrators in your own county for example.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: MayoBuck on October 01, 2019, 09:24:38 AM

I suppose it's difficult when you have actual volunteers trying to run the county board. There are several full time administrators in your own county for example.

Then take money from donors and hire some people.

Halfquarter

It would take incredible incompetence on the part of Dublin,not to win the All Ireland every year, given the advantages that they currently enjoy.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 01, 2019, 01:02:15 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on October 01, 2019, 09:24:38 AM

Then take money from donors and hire some people.
Unfortunately money from donors is not a fixed income that can be budgeted to pay the annual salary or salaries for full time administrators let alone a CEO position. The only fixed income outside of gate receipts for a county like Mayo is sponsorship and most of this money is sucked up by day to day stuff like insurance, debt repayments, team expenses and coaching. Team expenses are the most frustrating since stuff like travel expenses and backroom teams to stay relevant or just compete are spiraling out of control but sponsorship and gate receipts depend on the level of success of a county team so it is a catch 22 situation!!

magpie seanie

Quote from: Halfquarter on October 01, 2019, 03:52:24 PM

It would take incredible incompetence on the part of Dublin,not to win the All Ireland every year, given the advantages that they currently enjoy.

Are you mad or did you not read what you typed? Did you see the All Ireland final(s)? Did you see the recent finals where they just about scraped past Mayo, once after a replay, after epic games?

Ridiculous statements like this do nothing for anyone.

Halfquarter

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 01, 2019, 05:08:06 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on October 01, 2019, 03:52:24 PM

Are you mad or did you not read what you typed? Did you see the All Ireland final(s)? Did you see the recent finals where they just about scraped past Mayo, once after a replay, after epic games?

Ridiculous statements like this do nothing for anyone.

Yes, you are of course correct, they only scraped a win in 14 of the last 15 Leinster Finals and only scraped wins in 7 of the last 9 All Ireland's .
They only beat Kerry by 6 points this year. A pity that they couldn't get a man sent off in the first half and the result might have been a bit closer.
Your right, I'm probably mad.