John Mullane retires.

Started by All of a Sludden, January 17, 2013, 08:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on January 21, 2013, 10:04:51 AM
Yep, here is a better analysis of the stats of scores from play.
http://www.hurlingstats.com/blog/archives/553

Mullane comes out tops since 2004.
Corbett is equal with him on the averages. Corbett did fatten his average by bagging 4-4 from play in a 7 goal turkey shoot of Waterford in 2011. And shrunk it by not scoring in his last 4 games.

You also got to bear in mind Davy Fitz's uber defensive tactics where he'd everyone barring Mullane and another forward in the top 50 yards of the pitch, made it damn hard for teams to score against them but hard on the two forwards to get scores as well.

Certainly one of the most dangerous forwards of his era, I'd put him slightly ahead of Corbett as he could win his own dirty ball which wasn't Lar's game. Lar preferred to use his pace to pick up loose ball bouncing around a defence. Both knew where to put it when they got it though.

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Is he going to still play club

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Dara

All of a Sludden

The 12th season of the  popular TV documentary/profiles of  the great players of recent years in  Gaelic games has been  launched by GAA Uachtarán Liam Ó Néill and will air on TG4 on Sunday tea time,  from Sunday  2nd February.

The series, which is produced for the Irish language channel by Nemeton, the Waterford Gaeltacht production company, has proven very popular with followers of Gaelic sport at home and abroad.

Each programme  is a profile of the career of a famous player and the new season will bring back fond memories for all followers of Gaelic sports as the players themselves, the team-mates, rivals and supporters, take a trip down memory lane with loads of archive clips from their glorious playing days,  It is definitely one to view and record and to savour.

The first of this year's ten-episode season features John Mullane, the star Waterford forward who intrigued hurling fans with his skill and his quest for an elusive All Ireland medal. The De la Salle club-man always wore his heart on his sleeve and in this programme John characteristically open and honest as he reflects on the many ups and downs of his career including dealing  with the aftermath of his sending off in the 2004 Munster Final.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

seafoid

Quote from: All of a Sludden on February 01, 2014, 08:07:22 PM
The 12th season of the  popular TV documentary/profiles of  the great players of recent years in  Gaelic games has been  launched by GAA Uachtarán Liam Ó Néill and will air on TG4 on Sunday tea time,  from Sunday  2nd February.

The series, which is produced for the Irish language channel by Nemeton, the Waterford Gaeltacht production company, has proven very popular with followers of Gaelic sport at home and abroad.

Each programme  is a profile of the career of a famous player and the new season will bring back fond memories for all followers of Gaelic sports as the players themselves, the team-mates, rivals and supporters, take a trip down memory lane with loads of archive clips from their glorious playing days,  It is definitely one to view and record and to savour.

The first of this year's ten-episode season features John Mullane, the star Waterford forward who intrigued hurling fans with his skill and his quest for an elusive All Ireland medal. The De la Salle club-man always wore his heart on his sleeve and in this programme John characteristically open and honest as he reflects on the many ups and downs of his career including dealing  with the aftermath of his sending off in the 2004 Munster Final.
Laochra Gael is the dog's bollocks
Best programme on the telly by a long way.
Den scoth
The Nudie and Keady programmes were absolutely stunning.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mossey101

One of my favourites, Gave his all on the pitch will be sadly this summer, one of the greats.

muppet

Quote from: mossey101 link=topic=22629.msg1318278#msg131827b]8 date=1391428873]
One of my favourites, Gave his all on the pitch [/b]will be sadly this summer, one of the greats.

Why will he be sadly?
MWWSI 2017

waterfordlad

I enjoyed that programme yesterday. It covered the up and downs of John Mullane and Waterford from his debut in 2001 to his last year in 2012. He gave some performances over that time and deserved the tributes he got from the likes of Donal O'Grady and Ger Loughnane.

Sea The Stars

Is there anywhere or time to watch this program again?

Mullane was a great warrior and a brilliant hurler too. Loved his passion but what a hurler too. He used to swing over some unbelievable points from ridiculous angles. Deserved an All-Ireland like so many of his Waterford team mates - Shanahan, Browne, McGrath, Flynn.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Sea The Stars on February 03, 2014, 07:10:13 PM
Is there anywhere or time to watch this program again?

It is repeated on Friday night at 11.15pm.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

maxpower

I don't get RTE, tried a number of different boxes but can't seem to get it.

is there anywhere online to watch this
What happens next????

Premier Emperor

They're fast running out of material if there is a show dedicated to John Mullane!

clootfromthe21

Quote from: maxpower on February 04, 2014, 01:59:25 PM
I don't get RTE, tried a number of different boxes but can't seem to get it.

is there anywhere online to watch this

Try the TG4 player on tg4.ie - its up there.