what will dinny bring to the table this year?

Started by achtungantrim, February 09, 2010, 03:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

achtungantrim

i think it's great that dinny is back in antrim. his commitment can't be questioned. when he was up here in his previous stint, antrim played a fluent, stylish brand of hurling, particularly improving the half back line performances. antrim pushed tipp in 2002 and almost beat wexford in 2003 and it would be great to if antrim could improve on those performances.

although cork slaughtered us in 2004 after dinny foolishly ridiculed some of the cork team, i think his presence at the healm is a good thing. i just hope he doesn't repeat his mccarthy/corcoran type comments in the near future. 

ha ha derry

Quote from: achtungantrim on February 09, 2010, 03:48:59 PM
i think it's great that dinny is back in antrim. his commitment can't be questioned. when he was up here in his previous stint, antrim played a fluent, stylish brand of hurling, particularly improving the half back line performances. antrim pushed tipp in 2002 and almost beat wexford in 2003 and it would be great to if antrim could improve on those performances.

although cork slaughtered us in 2004 after dinny foolishly ridiculed some of the cork team, i think his presence at the healm is a good thing. i just hope he doesn't repeat his mccarthy/corcoran type comments in the near future.

I,d say you,ll see a much wiser Dinny this time round.

longrunsthefox

I think he'll bring a lot to the table as well. He lost the plot a bit at the press conference that day and had been doing okay until then. I think the press hyped up his remarks somewhat as well. 

gallsman

ha ha derry

Nah boys, give him a chance. Seriously, we in Ulster hurling need Antrim to do well so that we can all progress.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: ha ha derry on February 12, 2010, 02:47:49 AM
Nah boys, give him a chance. Seriously, we in Ulster hurling need Antrim to do well so that we can all progress.

How on earth is our need to do well in any way a response to criticism about Dinny? You may as well have said "sure we're stuck with him, let's just put up with it."

He was doing a good job of things first time round before making a w**ker of his players and county board with his rants. What other county would bring someone like that back into the fold.

And Jesus wept.

ziggysego

Quote from: gallsman on February 12, 2010, 09:15:01 AM

How on earth is our need to do well in any way a response to criticism about Dinny? You may as well have said "sure we're stuck with him, let's just put up with it."

He was doing a good job of things first time round before making a w**ker of his players and county board with his rants. What other county would bring someone like that back into the fold.

And Jesus wept.

He was drunk last night when he posted this.
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

And Jesus wept.

It's not 'and Jesus wept'... it's 'Jesus wept.'  It's the shortest verse in the bible. It is found in the Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35.

ha ha derry

And Jesus wept.
Get rid of him now. Defeat against Carlow is not good enough. He,s dragging Ulster hurling backwards.  :D ;) ;D

gallsman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 15, 2010, 11:12:30 PM

And Jesus wept.

It's not 'and Jesus wept'... it's 'Jesus wept.'  It's the shortest verse in the bible. It is found in the Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35.

Apologies. I'm not really what you'd call a biblical scholar.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: gallsman on February 17, 2010, 11:41:08 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 15, 2010, 11:12:30 PM

And Jesus wept.

Apologies. I'm not really what you'd call a biblical scholar.

Neither am I... it came up in a quiz I was at...