Leinster Senior Football Championship 2016

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 16, 2015, 01:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Quote from: Unlaoised on December 01, 2015, 12:49:26 PM
I hear Kevin Meaney,Paul Begley,James Finn,Pauric McMahon,Conor Merdith,have all opted not to play this year...O'Leary can't be talked in to coming back either!  :( :( :(

I really hope Mick Lillis has the personality for this we need someone that can man manage this team and get lads back on board!

A pity about Meaney and Finn. Meredith is going travelling again. McMahon to be fair must be around 32? O'Leary would be a help but has lost the hunger.

Unlaoised

Quote from: SCFC on December 02, 2015, 10:54:51 AM
I hear Kevin Meaney,Paul Begley,James Finn,Pauric McMahon,Conor Merdith,have all opted not to play this year...O'Leary can't be talked in to coming back either!  :( :( :(

I really hope Mick Lillis has the personality for this we need someone that can man manage this team and get lads back on board!

A pity about Meaney and Finn. Meredith is going travelling again. McMahon to be fair must be around 32? O'Leary would be a help but has lost the hunger.

Finn has started a job up in Dublin and is doing long hours so can't commit to train I think.

Not sure about Meaney.

I'm not saying we should be chasing lads but big personalities can entice players to stick around and give it a shot.

Not saying Lilllis doesn't have it I will be backing him all the way .

I just worry that him Strong and Kelly don't have it collectively.I would have loved to have seen John Sugrue involved in some way even as a physio and adviser.

LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I just worry that him Strong and Kelly don't have it collectively.I would have loved to have seen John Sugrue involved in some way even as a physio and adviser.

Who are the "Strong and Kelly" that you are talking about. Have they been picked as selectors??

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

Yes I'm aware that Kieran Kelly and John Strong as the selectors!!!

LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Thanks "Unlaoised", didn't hear that before..

Unlaoised

Lets hope Lillis can get his son,Brody,Cotter,Seale,Boyle and Cahilane into the Laois set up now!
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

What about Smith, he's having a great year.

SCFC

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on December 09, 2015, 01:42:20 PM
He's based in London so that's probably not viable.

Unlaoised

Quote from: SCFC on December 10, 2015, 08:24:03 AM
Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on December 09, 2015, 01:42:20 PM
He's based in London so that's probably not viable.

Love Smith and Healy to commit but it won't happen as both are based in London and Healy wants to hurl again
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

And so it begins...

Lets have a big crowd out in support of our lads next Saturday..

Laois                                                              V                                                         Wicklow

les Antiques

Hoping for a decent home support Saturday night !! Should we expect a team announcement tonight or tomorrow morning I wonder ?!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

We usually get a team Thursday night after training. Dont think there will be many changes since the last few games in the League, maybe Munnelly and Begley to come in there somewhere..

Unlaoised

So here we go ....

Is it just me or does it seem extremely early this year.

I haven't heard much seems as if the camp has told to keep things close to the chest.

I would presuming if fit the team will be along the lines of

Brody
Begley
Timmons
Attride
O'Connor
Strong
Donogher/Meredith
Quigley
Meaney
O'Carroll
O'Loughlin
Meredith/Donogher
Walsh
Donie
Cahilane/Munnelly

This is a complete guess as it has changed so much recently...If Begley isn't fit maybe young Farrell in the corner back spot.

There is certainly enough in the midfield and forward line to win this and win it well

I expect Laois to win by 4-6 points

I'd expect a Louth to beat carlow by the same sort of score line.

I hope the Laois gaels can come out and support the lads in force!

LAOIS ABÚ
LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

Meredith doubtful with injury I believe.  :-\

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi