Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vallankumous

Quote from: tothetop03 on August 04, 2017, 01:12:19 PM
Any word on Pomeroy apponting a big  name manager??

Yeah Bigus Dickus

Club boi

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 03, 2017, 05:32:26 PM
Find it baffling that Carrickmore are getting rid of coaches / managers given that their league position is exactly as it should be   

They are a mid table Division 1 club and looking at the current table, low and behold, they are currently around mid table.  At this present moment of time their best players are still Marky D Donnelly, Marty Penrose and Conor Gormley.  Probably their 3 oldest players so it shows you just where they are at the minute at senior level and have been this past 3-4 years Id say.

They have had a couple of good minor teams there but it takes time to get those boys through.  If they can get some of those players through then in a few years they may be back up competing but presently they are not close to any of the top 5-6 teams in D1. This past few seasons they have been looking over their shoulders beneath them instead of those ahead of them.  They have a favourable championship draw if memory serves me right so they could scrap a win or two in the championship.  Currently I liken them to a West Brom...... content with a mid-table finish and a couple of wins in the cup and its considered a right season.   

Said this before, past 7 years or more they have been taken to county finals by playing/beating lower level teams the whole way. Standard just not there at present

tothetop03

Quote from: vallankumous on August 04, 2017, 01:48:49 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on August 04, 2017, 01:12:19 PM
Any word on Pomeroy apponting a big  name manager??

Yeah Bigus Dickus

Nope not him....Brian McGuckin ex Derry Trainer!!!

Wee Roddy

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 03, 2017, 05:32:26 PM
Find it baffling that Carrickmore are getting rid of coaches / managers given that their league position is exactly as it should be   

They are a mid table Division 1 club and looking at the current table, low and behold, they are currently around mid table.  At this present moment of time their best players are still Marky D Donnelly, Marty Penrose and Conor Gormley.  Probably their 3 oldest players so it shows you just where they are at the minute at senior level and have been this past 3-4 years Id say.

They have had a couple of good minor teams there but it takes time to get those boys through.  If they can get some of those players through then in a few years they may be back up competing but presently they are not close to any of the top 5-6 teams in D1. This past few seasons they have been looking over their shoulders beneath them instead of those ahead of them.  They have a favourable championship draw if memory serves me right so they could scrap a win or two in the championship.  Currently I liken them to a West Brom...... content with a mid-table finish and a couple of wins in the cup and its considered a right season.   
I dont think anyone in Carrickmore is anyway under any illusion of where the current team is at. Do you not think the decision was made thinking of the future ??and what style of play might suit the younger lads coming through. There was just a certain degree of negativity to the play that wasnt acceptable and it was creating hiding placing for young lads. No matter what anyone says about handy routes to the finals, they would have been county champions 3 years ago only for a calamitous mistake in the defence in the last minute. Bad teams dont get that close. At the minute we are no where near it though
But we will be back in time and people will start hating us again :-)

omagh_gael

Stevie O'Neill scored 2-05 for CNG this evening, too late for a call up to Tyrone squad? :)

square_ball

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 05, 2017, 12:18:43 AM
Stevie O'Neill scored 2-05 for CNG this evening, too late for a call up to Tyrone squad? :)

To paraphrase Art McCrory - when Tyrone are playing Tattyreagh I'm sure Mickey will give him a shout  :P :P

vallankumous

Quote from: square_ball on August 05, 2017, 06:59:25 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 05, 2017, 12:18:43 AM

To paraphrase Art McCrory - when Tyrone are playing Tattyreagh I'm sure Mickey will give him a shout  :P :P

The Tats would wipe the floor with them.

on the sideline

Any word on how the Errigal Dromore game went?

ON THE HILL

So the county board put a round of fixtures on next Sunday (20th ) same time as mayo v kerry? Surely these games could be played saturday evening?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: ON THE HILL on August 09, 2017, 10:31:56 AM
So the county board put a round of fixtures on next Sunday (20th ) same time as mayo v kerry? Surely these games could be played saturday evening?

They really cant win sometimes though.

If they put them on the Saturday evening ,we would have lads on here crying that it doesn't suit people who work on Saturdays.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Under Lights

Quote from: ON THE HILL on August 09, 2017, 10:31:56 AM

Would someone like Ronan McHugh be tempted to play in that game. His club going for the league. He outside the 26 for Tyrone anyway.

ON THE HILL

If he does he would be a silly boy..will lose out on possible all ireland medal?

redhandofgod

Was McShane not in the 26 for the Armagh game because he played for his club the previous week?

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: ON THE HILL on August 09, 2017, 10:48:41 AM
If he does he would be a silly boy..will lose out on possible all ireland medal?

What use is an All Ireland medals you  if you haven't played one minute of football in the championship season