White Collar Boxing

Started by magpie seanie, July 10, 2009, 11:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

Ara Seanie are you taking the piss out of Tommy Walsh?!

The Iceman

managed to get a dvd of the fights from armagh (for a donation) and it looked to be a good nights craic alright.
If neither lad has much training there is no harm in it at all. Proper head gear, good referee and both guys taking things in the spirit of competition and you will have no problems 99.99% of the time
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

magpie seanie

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 13, 2009, 11:49:50 PM
You may want to guarantee yourself to try and not have one of the fights end up like the cage match in "Bruno"!  :D

Haven't seen "Bruno" yet but that doesn't stop me from believing you!

Boxerguy000

Sounds like fun, wish I lived in the area, I would enjoy participating.  You must be very careful, have waivers for people to sign, use a legitimate gym since they have insurance to cover any lawsuit that may arise.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boxerguy000 on July 17, 2009, 01:53:09 AM
Sounds like fun, wish I lived in the area, I would enjoy participating.  You must be very careful, have waivers for people to sign, use a legitimate gym since they have insurance to cover any lawsuit that may arise.

That's all covered by the organisers company.

Just over two weeks to go. The hype is beginning to ramp up. Tickets on sale, radio programmes, sponsors etc and training getting more intense.

bingobus

Sounds like a blast. I look forward to hearing the details.

Do you know who you are fighting yet?

Not sure if you's have it covered but no harm to run a book on it for the night. Keeping it friendly of course and with max bets etc. Help create a buzz and more importantly raise another few quid for yous.

Best of luck.

corn02

Quote from: bingobus on July 17, 2009, 11:13:52 AM

Not sure if you's have it covered but no harm to run a book on it for the night. Keeping it friendly of course and with max bets etc. Help create a buzz and more importantly raise another few quid for yous.

Best of luck.

I'll have 40 on whoever is facing Seanie.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: corn02 on July 17, 2009, 11:35:25 AM

Best of luck.

I'll take that bet, Seanie can be an angry man, can't see him losing  :D
#newbridgeornowhere

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 17, 2009, 12:37:17 PM
Quote from: corn02 on July 17, 2009, 11:35:25 AM

Best of luck.

I'll take that bet, Seanie can be an angry man, can't see him losing  :D

Nice one - just broke out laughing in the middle of the office. Will do my best for you Dinny! Don't know opponent yet but have an idea who it could be.

Dinny Breen

I have faith Seanie.

Corn02, if you're not all talk how about a charity bet, loser pays €40 to the charity of Seanies choice...go on you know want to..
#newbridgeornowhere

magpie seanie

Well we all got weighed last night so the pairings will soon be known. Had a few ups and downs in training over the last couple of weeks but things going better for me now (getting hit a lot less - this is good!). Got a pinger right on the nose last night so its a bit tender today but you'll have that. Over half a stone gone in under 4 weeks and feeling pretty good.

Tickets are going well and the buzz in growing. We lost one of our better fighters the weekend before last. When I tell you he got a fractured cheekbone you'd assume it was at the boxing but no - it was playing trying to save a goal in a senior football match. A pity for several reasons.

illdecide

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 17, 2009, 07:21:18 PM
I have faith Seanie.

Corn02, if you're not all talk how about a charity bet, loser pays €40 to the charity of Seanies choice...go on you know want to..

Fair play to ya Dinny....yeeaaaahhhhhhooooooooooooo Corn get your coupons out saan... :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

Eye of the tiger Seanie !

magpie seanie

Well just over a week to go and our first taste of the ring tonight. Smaller than I thought and the time goes pretty slowly! Great craic though. List of fights are nearly finalised. Can't believe its nearly here.