Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbangael

Quote from: lucan on July 02, 2012, 09:04:33 PM
div 3 drumgath 1   14   darragh cross 1  10

Whats the situation in div 3 Lucan?? Are Glassdrumman and Drumgath setting the pace again??  Is it still the usual suspects carrying Drumgath like Lynch Sheeran and Downey?

here comes 6

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 04, 2012, 09:37:14 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on July 04, 2012, 09:18:08 PM
Mayobridge bt clonduff tonight in an entertaining game. Bridge went 7 or 8 up, clonduff came back to be leading by a point and bridge finished with 1 2 to win it.

More disappointingly Conor Garvey was playing which looks bleak for the ulster final.
ft mayobridge 4-10  clonduff 2-12
Why does it look bleak because garvey was playing?  Sure final not for 18 days yet

angermanagement

In Irish News tomorrow that Garvey misses final will be a big miss.

whitegoodman

Quote from: here comes 6 on July 04, 2012, 10:41:56 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on July 04, 2012, 09:37:14 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on July 04, 2012, 09:18:08 PM
Mayobridge bt clonduff tonight in an entertaining game. Bridge went 7 or 8 up, clonduff came back to be leading by a point and bridge finished with 1 2 to win it.

More disappointingly Conor Garvey was playing which looks bleak for the ulster final.
ft mayobridge 4-10  clonduff 2-12
Why does it look bleak because garvey was playing?  Sure final not for 18 days yet

Coulter, o hagen and Carr were not allowed to play whereas mcconville and garvey were. Mcconville being on the periphery of the team is understandable but it wouldnt have taken a genius to work out what it meant when garvey was playing!!!

here comes 6

Quote from: angermanagement on July 04, 2012, 11:01:45 PM

This baffles me for the cccc to take action they have to ask the ref till review the game and ask him does he think an incident needs to be reviewed further.  So Duffy has said that it does need to be reviewed.  What planet is the man on?  Hes a disgrace to our association and should now be down graded til at least go-games in his local area again at best..

passedit

Quote from: here comes 6 on July 04, 2012, 11:57:02 PM
Quote from: angermanagement on July 04, 2012, 11:01:45 PM

This baffles me for the cccc to take action they have to ask the ref till review the game and ask him does he think an incident needs to be reviewed further.  So Duffy has said that it does need to be reviewed.  What planet is the man on?  Hes a disgrace to our association and should now be down graded til at least go-games in his local area again at best..

The fact that he played last night would indicate to me that Down have decided to take their medicine (and are thankful that it is a small dose). Lucky boy it's not three months.

There's me talking bollox then
http://www.hoganstand.com/Down/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=172731

Apart from my last sentence that is.
Don't Panic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: here comes 6 on July 04, 2012, 11:57:02 PM

To be honest I thought it was a stamp* and if I was on the CCCC, I would have been looking for a ban.

*a very awkward stamp - I think he realises the stupidity of what he is doing halfway through and tries to stop - but still - a stamp.
i usse an speelchekor

extra time

does anyone know if the clann na banna v kilclief game is on tonight.

umpire

Div 1
Burren 2.8 Kilcoo 0.12
Castlewellan 0.8 Longstone 1.10
Bryansford 0.12 Ballyhollland 1.6
Downpatrick 0.6 Saval 2.9
Clonduff 2.13 Mayobridge 4.10 (Wed)

Div 2
Warrenpoint 1.9 Loughinisland 2.3
Newry Shamrocks 0.10 Rostrevor 3.18
Liatriom 3.6 Annaclone 1.9
Carryduff  2.7 An Riocht 1.11
Monday evening  Rostrevor v Warrenpoint = fireworks!!

Div 3
Attical 2.11 Ardglass 2.6
Drumaness 1.9 St Johns 1.10
Ballymartin 1.5 Saul 1.5
Bosco 0.9 Drumgath 2.14
Glasdrumman 2.12 Glenn 0.5

Div 4
Aughlisnafinn 0.10 St Pauls 2.11
Dromara 1.8 Mitchels 0.8
St Micheals 1.6 Dundrum 1.18
Aghaderg 1.17 Ballykinlar 0.8
Teconnaught 0.9 Bredagh 1.12

Naomh Pol CLG

We were 4 points down at half time to a much improved Finn outfit.. Second half we played the best football we have played all year!! Two wins in a row!!

lucan

to urban gael. thanks for the interest.sheerin is no longer in ireland. downey and lynch are playing well but the appointment of justin lynch as manager and the talent of a great young panel have paid dividens. here;s to the play off;s.

weebob

Not much chat out of mid down gael after last nights game!  ;)

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: weebob on July 07, 2012, 10:24:38 AM
Not much chat out of mid down gael after last nights game!  ;)
Only getting the chance to post now. Burren deservedly won last nights encounter and proved they are the top team yet again. Although both sides where missing key players, Burren 8 and Kilcoo 5, the strength in depth of the Burren squad told as their replacements are more accomplished players than what we had.
The two goals in the first half where crucial, eamon toner and paudie Poland scoring one each and providing the final pass to each other on each occasion.
Disappointed with our display and some of the changes that where made, and although defeated we had strong individual efforts from Gary and Nial McEvoy, Darragh Ohanlon and Donal Kane in the second half.

knockitdown

Drumgath beat Ballymartin by 3 tonyt

general

Glenn beat attical by 3 or 4