Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

Thanks very much. I'll get to ignoring them immediately :D

Capt Pat

Not every RB is like Arian Foster. 60 yards rushing is easily a more worthy effort than a 1yard rushing effort or a one yard reception for a TD. That is just the way it should be. If the rules remain 1 point for 20 yards rushing I will just draft the much more effective wide receivers first and leave the RBs until the later roundsn

magpie seanie

I don't see why we'd be dropping DL men personally. I'd love it if LB's were included!

DrinkingHarp

These would be the only changes I see that are needed:

All (passing, rushing, receiving, defensive* or return) TD's should have the same value of 6.

*A defensive player will get bonus pts for recover/Int so it should be just 6.

PAT miss should have a higher minus value (like -9 or -10) since it is pretty much a given point play.

30-39 yd FG miss -3

Keep the DLs but have an option to put a LB in their spot if possible on yahoo.

Otherwise it is set up pretty fair. You don't want to reward mediocre play.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Lone Shark

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 04, 2011, 05:23:38 PM
Quote from: ceiphas50 on August 04, 2011, 04:59:04 PM
Hey Az  did you give any taught to the dumping of the DLs in favour of one/two more DB(s)

I hadn't to be honest, but I kind of like that idea. Anyone else got strong feelings on that?

Personally I'd be against, the status quo was good. I used to enjoy picking out matchups each week against weak offensive lines, or QB's who liked to hold on to the ball to the last second (Big Ben!).

That's the beauty of NFL, the roles are genuinely different and yet each one is crucial in it's own way. If there was a way of incorporating offensive line, I'd be for that too.

Four up and four down is fine - to be honest I was just thinking that it might encourage more people to get involved if you can fly up the rankings a bit quicker. I know I'd be frustrated if I was div 2 or 3 and it was harder to go up than to get to the Div 1 playoffs. Plus if I get relegated and say this next year, people will say it's only out of self interest... :)

Capt Pat

There should hardly be divisions at all. It is a bit too serious and takes some of the crack out of it. There will be people joining this year who will be unfairly stuck in divisions 2 & 3 for donkeys years. The four up four down system would be more effective and interesting.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 05, 2011, 08:01:19 AM
There should hardly be divisions at all. It is a bit too serious and takes some of the crack out of it. There will be people joining this year who will be unfairly stuck in divisions 2 & 3 for donkeys years. The four up four down system would be more effective and interesting.

Four up Four down it is. It's only a way to have a satisfactory way of deciding the champion that's driving this, and I think a hierarchy is the best way of doing that, each league has a champion.

The Divisions within the leagues are only for the purposes of mimicing the real deal, and a preference I have.

As for the DL, the reason I don't like it is that there are often people missing off the DL lists, and LBs are rolled in with DLs, which is unfair because it's a completely different position. Also a lot of LBs are not included. DB seems to have most if not all Safeties and Corners, which is why I like it, but I'm not pushed either way.  Can we get a last minute push for the leagues to join up lads, Dinny are you in? I'm going to be contacting ye shortly to get moving into your leagues, and finalising draft dates and overall rules.

AZOffaly

OK. Can the following teams please LEAVE the Joe Montana GAABoard Superbowl League. Go here to leave the league. http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/305948

If you are a 'rebranded/renamed' team from last year, and you feel you should be in the top 10, please let me know.

North Antrim Nuggets. - You can Join http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/382045 - password cardinals
Revis and Butthead - Same as North Antrim Nuggets
Derry No CLues - Same as North Antrim Nuggets
Oraisteach's Browns- Same as North Antrim Nuggets
Red Hand Helmets - You can Join http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/305938 - password cardinals
Puppet Master - Same as North Antrin Nuggets
Rehab is 4 Quitters - Same as Red Hand Helmets
Crossmaglen Hitmen - Same as Red Hand Helmets.

That leaves us with the following teams CORRECTLY in this league.

Coolera Bears 1893.10
Ballyhaise Bills 1848.14
Faithful Turfmen 'B' 1666.51
mayo warriors 1651.90
L'Esprit de Biff 1652.20

The Following Teams  please join http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/305948

Smackdown Clowns 1836.28 - currently registered in http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/305938
Shower of Tramps 1699.98 - currently registered in http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/305938
New York Jets IV 1827.45 - currently registered (as NYJ 5) in http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/305938
Galway Bay Tribesmen 1651.29 - currently registered in http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/305938
Hegan's Helmets 1650.03 - currently unregistered?

In the event of teams not registering in time, we'll have to start promoting people from the other leagues based on performance. Can ye pelase do this today?

Cheers

GalwayBayBoy

I deleted the Tribesmen from the Payton but it says I need a league ID and password to join a new league (Montana)? I tried 305948 and cardinals but it says there is no room in the league. Presume teams still have to leave it to make space.

AZOffaly

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 05, 2011, 01:33:21 PM
I deleted the Tribesmen from the Payton but it says I need a league ID and password to join a new league (Montana)?

The league id is the last 6 digits in that URL (305948) and the password is cardinals.

Rossie11

QuoteAll (passing, rushing, receiving, defensive* or return) TD's should have the same value of 6.

We had that at the start and the QBs had massive scores up.
The points have been modified down the years and are fairly close to been fair at the moment.

The obvious glich is the RBs and its very hard to deal with it.
Currently a 20yd TD run will get you virtually the same points as a guy who goes in from half a yard.
Buts it the same in soccer. The penalty taker will be worth more due to getting the "easy" shot.

Maybe if there was a way to credit the guy doing the hard work
For example if you gave 2bonus points if an RB has 20+ (or 25+) in the game.
It might soften the blow for the owners of guys who lose goal line carries.

As regards the DB and DL. I would be in favour and 1 X DL and 2 X DB and use the extra space for another receiving position like a W/T (WR or TE) which we previously had.
If there are only 12 teams per division there would be more than enough to fill the rosters.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Rossie11 on August 05, 2011, 01:59:17 PM
QuoteAll (passing, rushing, receiving, defensive* or return) TD's should have the same value of 6.

The points have been modified down the years and are fairly close to been fair at the moment.

Currently a 20yd TD run will get you virtually the same points as a guy who goes in from half a yard.
Buts it the same in soccer. The penalty taker will be worth more due to getting the "easy" shot.

As regards the DB and DL. I would be in favour and 1 X DL and 2 X DB and use the extra space for another receiving position like a W/T (WR or TE) which we previously had.If there are only 12 teams per division there would be more than enough to fill the rosters.

i like that idea Rossie
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossie11 on August 05, 2011, 01:59:17 PM

As regards the DB and DL. I would be in favour and 1 X DL and 2 X DB and use the extra space for another receiving position like a W/T (WR or TE) which we previously had.
If there are only 12 teams per division there would be more than enough to fill the rosters.

Actually there should only be 10 teams per league if we all sign up to make 30 (3x10).

AZOffaly

Lets focus on filling the 3 leagues, and then we can tweak the scoring/rules if we want to. There are a couple of ideas I've seen that I think merit some discussion, but lets do one thing at a time.

declan85

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 05, 2011, 01:35:02 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 05, 2011, 01:33:21 PM
I deleted the Tribesmen from the Payton but it says I need a league ID and password to join a new league (Montana)?

The league id is the last 6 digits in that URL (305948) and the password is cardinals.

Having the same problem as GBB. Can you increase the max teams per league while we are moving house...