NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

Halt the slide? Even if, and it's an if, I do get the 7 points tonight, 5-1 is hardly a slide :D

magpie seanie

The Iceman

A lot of players are just not performing. A lot of players struggling with injury.
A lot of guys involved in the Board league seemed to have lost interest or are busy as there were a serious amount of teams with active players on a 'bye' week.

I'm happy to take advantage of it all. The game isn't over yet but I should pick up the 'W' tonight and go 3-3.

Still open to some trades if anyone is interested.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

the Deel Rover

should be 3 -3 myself tonight , seems like it could be a close 1 this year , have to say delighted to have picked up osi umenyiona as a free agent last week, got me 19 points last week and 18 points this week.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

the Deel Rover

Quote from: mc_grens on October 18, 2010, 12:06:26 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on October 18, 2010, 10:19:48 AM
I know but I do well out of the current system. I lost this week because of players just not performing and others having a bye week. My main point would be that it is too hard for QBs and running backs to generate points in this league in comparison to say wide receivers or even kickers.

It doesn't seem right to have your kicker generating more points than your quarterback every week.

We used to have it the other way round, but the problem is there are less good QB's to be had, so if someone drafted say, Brees or Manning it gave them a massive example. Some quiet young fella won the league a few years back purely on the strength of having Brady the year he and Moss exploded.

that must have been me  :(
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

The Iceman

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 18, 2010, 05:57:51 PM
should be 3 -3 myself tonight , seems like it could be a close 1 this year , have to say delighted to have picked up osi umenyiona as a free agent last week, got me 19 points last week and 18 points this week.
I was the dumbie that dropped him. In first two weeks he didnt make a tackle and then became a stud.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

turk

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 18, 2010, 10:30:52 AM
My kicker doesn't outscore my QB, unless the QB has a mare.

The scoring can be found on the league home.

I think some of the scoring stats should probably be knocked back to the defaults, but that's one for another day.

mc_grens

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 18, 2010, 06:00:02 PM
I know but I do well out of the current system. I lost this week because of players just not performing and others having a bye week. My main point would be that it is too hard for QBs and running backs to generate points in this league in comparison to say wide receivers or even kickers.

It doesn't seem right to have your kicker generating more points than your quarterback every week.

We used to have it the other way round, but the problem is there are less good QB's to be had, so if someone drafted say, Brees or Manning it gave them a massive example. Some quiet young fella won the league a few years back purely on the strength of having Brady the year he and Moss exploded.

Was that not Bombidal?

AZOffaly

I knew it was an if  >:( Scobee kicks just one FG as the Titans hammer the Jaguars, and Ball only gets 1 tackle and .5 of a sack. I reckon I'll be 2 points short.

AZOffaly

Argh. The results are in. Lost by 0.28 of a point. Even one TD for them useless Jacksonville tramps would have given me the win on the XP.

Langers the lot of them. And me for leaving Dwayne Bowe on the bench as well.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: mc_grens on October 18, 2010, 08:28:29 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 18, 2010, 06:00:02 PM

Was that not Bombidal?

not sure mc grens all but i has him the year i won  ;D anyway up to 3-3
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

ONeill

Lost by 0.76. Chargers horrible. Birds still crapping on car.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 19, 2010, 08:59:30 AM
I knew it was an if  >:( Scobee kicks just one FG as the Titans hammer the Jaguars, and Ball only gets 1 tackle and .5 of a sack. I reckon I'll be 2 points short.

Yeah, I'm really jammy to pick that one up. Can understand why you had no faith in Bowe after the previous week. Hard luck AZ.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Shrek

no idea how im 4 and 2 but i will take it

i expect a sudden slide donw the table very shortly