Yes
No

AZOffaly

College football kicks off tomorrow night

Marshall @ #2 Ohio State
Florida A&M @ #13 Miami
#14 USC @ Hawaii
#15 Pitt @ Utah.

NFL is tomorrow night week, as mentioned above.

The Iceman

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

I wouldn't mind WR Hakeem Nicks from the Giants. Take a look at my roster and see if anything (other than Charles and Rice) take your fancy. Let's talk :)

The Iceman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 01, 2010, 04:11:02 PM
I wouldn't mind WR Hakeem Nicks from the Giants. Take a look at my roster and see if anything (other than Charles and Rice) take your fancy. Let's talk :)
Its a RB I'm after man. And if you're not willing to give up Rice you're not much good to me :P
I would trade Schaub and Nicks for Rice.......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

Some of my other running backs are better than what you have. Nicks is rated 61 by Yahoo overall. Ricky Williams is 70. Just sayin'.

The Iceman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 01, 2010, 06:21:35 PM
Some of my other running backs are better than what you have. Nicks is rated 61 by Yahoo overall. Ricky Williams is 70. Just sayin'.
Might be interested in something. Make me an offer through yahoo and lets see....Williams is tempting

AZOffaly

The Arizona Cardinals have put Matt Leinhart on the trading block !! 1 week before the season starts. He's gone from starter to quarterback contest to backup to now trade bait within 1 month. Unreal. He took umbrage at being in a contest with Derek Anderson, and when Anderson was named starter against the Bears he went balubas.

magpie seanie

Yeah, that is some turnaround in a couple of weeks.

A few other situations that will be very interesting before the start of the regular season. This fantasy thing is bloody addictive and hard work! Am convinced I'm going to leave someone on the bench who goes on to post good numbers. Good craic already though and we haven't had a game yet.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 02, 2010, 09:08:53 AM

A few other situations that will be very interesting before the start of the regular season. This fantasy thing is bloody addictive and hard work! Am convinced I'm going to leave someone on the bench who goes on to post good numbers. Good craic already though and we haven't had a game yet.

it really is Seanie , You will find yourselve glued to the games and the half time reports from sky sports on the sunday 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

I'm considering that trade iceman. I'm not keen on losing Williams because I think he'll have a big year. I hate Barber because he's a Cowboy. :D

AZOffaly

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 02, 2010, 09:16:35 AM

it really is Seanie , You will find yourselve glued to the games and the half time reports from sky sports on the sunday

I'd recommend watching Stat Tracker (you can link to it from our league page) on a Sunday evening as you're watching the live games. You can show the games by real game, or fantasy game, and every play is updated live, so you can see your fantasy game 'as it happens'.

I bought a netbook and put in wireless this year so I could do this :D Sad.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2010, 09:46:18 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 02, 2010, 09:16:35 AM

I'd recommend watching Stat Tracker (you can link to it from our league page) on a Sunday evening as you're watching the live games. You can show the games by real game, or fantasy game, and every play is updated live, so you can see your fantasy game 'as it happens'.

I bought a netbook and put in wireless this year so I could do this :D Sad.

jesus Az your bringing this fantasy football to another level  :D :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Lone Shark

Any of the rest of ye do the season pass thing from NFL.com? Did last year and the reception was excellent, but watching it on the laptop wasn't ideal. Still, I'd have no interest in anything else on Sky barring the Heineken Cup, and this way you get the Monday night games as well.

If you want to bet in running, the delay is a bit annoying though. Otherwise it's all good.

Rossie11

Heres some good news..

http://www.nfluk.com/news/football-is-coming-home-to-channel-4-010910.html
NFL football is coming home! Almost three decades after first appearing on Channel 4, the NFL is returning to its original station in a new deal to broadcast Sunday Night Football.

Channel 4 will air the league's premier match-up at 1 a.m. every Sunday night, with the game kicking off at 1.20. The new season will begin with the Dallas Cowboys' trip to arch-rival Washington Redskins on September 12.

The NFL was first introduced to the UK on a weekly basis when newly-launched Channel 4 began airing its ‘American Football' show in November 1982. The station's coverage evolved into a mix of live, highlights and magazines shows and continued until January 1998, when the Denver Broncos beat the Green Bay Packers in the last game to be aired on the channel.

Alistair Kirkwood, managing director of NFL UK, said: "This is very exciting news. Not only does this deal ensure that the NFL's biggest game of the week and the sport's most exciting stars are available on free-to-air television in the UK, but it takes the league back to the station that many of our fans grew up watching all those years ago. It is also fitting that this new deal comes in the year when we have two of the most successful teams from the first Channel 4 era, the San Francisco 49ers and Denver Broncos, playing in our annual game at Wembley in October."

Details of the broadcasts, including the presenters, will be announced in the near future, but Kirkwood added: "The shows will be contemporary in presentation and style, but fans should expect a little taste of the past in there as well. We expect it to be a lot of fun."

In 1982, when Channel 4 launched American Football at 6 p.m. on Sunday evenings:

•A pint of beer cost 62 pence
•Culture Club were number one with Do You Really Want to Hurt Me
•Among the most popular shows on TV was Fame - the era's version of Glee
•The mullet was the new men's hairstyle of choice
•ET and Bladerunner were among the year's big movie releases
•England were unbeaten in the World Cup finals, but still went home early
•Decathlete Daley Thompson was BBC Sports Personality of the Year
•The first commercial CD was produced

The deal with Channel 4 completes the line-up of NFL broadcasters for the 2010 season, which kicks off on Thursday September 9th:

•Sky Sports - two lives games every Sunday (6 p.m. and 9 p.m.), plus Thursday and Saturday night games throughout the season and every playoff game live, including Super Bowl XLV from North Texas, on Sunday February 6.
•Channel Four - Sunday Night Football every week.
•ESPN - live Monday Night Football every week (1.30 a.m.)
•BBC TV - Super Bowl XLV live; weekly playoff highlights; Wembley game highlights on October 31.
•BBC Radio - weekly live game commentary (9 p.m.) on 5Live Sports Extra.

Sunday Night Football fixtures:

Week   Date

Sunday, September 12
Dallas @ Washington

Sunday, September 19
NY Giants @ Indianapolis

Sunday, September 26
NY Jets @ Miami

Sunday, October 3
Chicago @ NY Giants

Sunday, October 10
Philadelphia @ San Francisco

Sunday, October 17
Indianapolis @ Washington

Sunday, October 24
Minnesota @ Green Bay

Sunday, October 31
Pittsburgh @ New Orleans

Sunday, November 7
Dallas @ Green Bay

Sunday, November 14
New England @ Pittsburgh

Sunday, November 21
NY Giants @ Philadelphia

Sunday, November 28
San Diego @ Indianapolis

Sunday, December 5
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore

Sunday, December 12
Philadelphia @ Dallas

Sunday, December 19
Green Bay @ New England

Sunday, December 26
San Diego @ Cincinnati

Sunday, January 2
TBD @ TBD

mc_grens

Quote from: Lone Shark on September 02, 2010, 09:55:19 AM
Any of the rest of ye do the season pass thing from NFL.com? Did last year and the reception was excellent, but watching it on the laptop wasn't ideal. Still, I'd have no interest in anything else on Sky barring the Heineken Cup, and this way you get the Monday night games as well.

If you want to bet in running, the delay is a bit annoying though. Otherwise it's all good.

I use it. I dont have the betting problem, and I find the service brilliant. its great being able to switch back and forwards between games as you please.

Get a HDMI cable and connect the laptop to your HDTV, thats what I do. I also plan to use my old craptop to follow stat-tracker.