NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

Rossie11

Think they all become FA on Sept 2nd so plenty of time to change before it starts.

AZOffaly

Quote from: ceiphas50 on August 31, 2010, 09:33:30 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 30, 2010, 09:34:42 PM
?
As it stands now there on the waiver so you lose your waiver position if you want to pick one up, nearly sure last year you could add & drop them at will

You can't seperate them from the other players. They're just like a roster position after all.

magpie seanie

So any players you pick up from Free Agency don't affect your waiver position - is that correct?

ceiphas50

Quote from: Rossie11 on August 31, 2010, 09:55:22 AM
Think they all become FA on Sept 2nd so plenty of time to change before it starts.
That expains it,didnt want to waste my waiver position on a defensive guy ;D
Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

declan85

Quote from: ceiphas50 on August 31, 2010, 10:52:48 AM

Just in case you didnt see the rule change the waivers this year are based on standings each week. Last year you moved to last if you picked up a guy off the waivers, this year i think your last if youve got the best winning record...

AZOffaly

Quote from: declan85 on August 31, 2010, 10:57:47 AM
Quote from: ceiphas50 on August 31, 2010, 10:52:48 AM

Just in case you didnt see the rule change the waivers this year are based on standings each week. Last year you moved to last if you picked up a guy off the waivers, this year i think your last if youve got the best winning record...

Almost correct declan. Your waiver position (during the season), is determined EACH WEEK based on your standings, however, if you select someone off waivers, you still move to the back of the queue for THAT WEEK.

The next week it's determined off standings again.

declan85

Sorry forgot to say that its based on each weekly standings. So probably best to throw the first two games, pick up this years Miles Austin & Jamaal Charles and win it out then. Its that easy...:D

ceiphas50

Quote from: declan85 on August 31, 2010, 12:26:15 PM
Sorry forgot to say that its based on each weekly standings. So probably best to throw the first two games, pick up this years Miles Austin & Jamaal Charles and win it out then. Its that easy...:D
Didnt see that but it seems fair, presume for the first couple weeks it will go by the amount of points you get beat by as a lot of teams would be 0-2 etc
Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

mc_grens

Ahhhh, but last year Mies Austin didn't start until week 5 and Jamaal Charles didn't start until week 11!

declan85

Quote from: mc_grens on August 31, 2010, 02:15:53 PM

Ahhhh, but last year Mies Austin didn't start until week 5 and Jamaal Charles didn't start until week 11!

Accepted its not a fool proof plan :D :D

The Iceman

To save all this back and forth I need a decent RB.
Whos ready to trade????
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

mc_grens

I have a bit of depth at receiver and want to trade for an RB.

Old Jack City in the Payton Conference.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

declan85

Quote from: ONeill on August 31, 2010, 11:37:10 PM
Is kick off this week?

Kick off for both fantasy league and national football league is next Thursday the 9th, Vikings @ Saints...