NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

Thanks lads, I moved the Montana draft until Monday. The first draft is, therefore, the Payton Draft on Friday at 2pm.

Just to recap...... League settings are as follows...

Playoffs:      Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)  Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 21 to Dec 27

Divisions:      Yes (2 divisions)

Playoff Seeding Options:      Division winners awarded top playoff seeds

Roster Positions:      QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, DB, DB, DL, DL, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN (BN = Bench)

Scoring:
Offense

Passing Yards     50 yards per point; 2 points at 250 yards; 2 points at 300 yards; 5 points at 400 yards
Passing Touchdowns     4     
Interceptions    -2
Rushing Yards     20 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards
Rushing Touchdowns     6     
Receptions    1
Reception Yards     20 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards
Reception Touchdowns     6
Return Yards     40 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 2 points at 200 yards
Return Touchdowns     8
2-Point Conversions     2
Fumbles Lost     -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD     6

Kickers
Field Goals 0-19 Yards     3     
Field Goals 20-29 Yards    3    
Field Goals 30-39 Yards    3    
Field Goals 40-49 Yards    4    
Field Goals 50+ Yards    5    
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards    -5
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards     -4
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards     -2
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards     -2
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards     -1
Point After Attempt Made     1     
Point After Attempt Missed    -3

Defense/Special Teams

Sack     2     
Interception    2    
Fumble Recovery    2    
Touchdown    8    
Safety    2    
Block Kick    2    
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns    8    
Points Allowed 0 points    15    
Points Allowed 1-6 points    10    
Points Allowed 7-13 points    7    
Points Allowed 14-20 points    2    
Points Allowed 21-27 points    0    
Points Allowed 28-34 points    -1    
Points Allowed 35+ points    -4

Individual Defensive Players

Tackle Solo     1     
Sack    4
Interception    4
Fumble Force    4
Fumble Recovery    4
Defensive Touchdown    6    
Safety    2    
Pass Defended    1    
Block Kick    2

AZOffaly

On the waivers, the following will apply.

At the start of the first game of the week through to 8pm Tuesday evening, *ALL* unclaimed players will be put on waivers. Any claims on those players in that timeframe will be treated as Waiver Claims, with the Waiver Rules.

The Waiver Rules will be 'Weekly Rolling List based on standings' i.e. Each Week you will be assigned a Wiaver position based on your current standing in the league. If you claim a player, you will move to last position on the waiver wire for that week.

Any questions give me a shout.

AZOffaly

Walter Payton Conference - Draft.

Draft will take place Friday August 27th at 2pm Irish Time.

Draft Order will be randomly generated by Yahoo approx 30 minutes before Draft Time. Test your system here http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/testdraft

Drafters, by Division: (All teams were placed in a division to try and keep geographic rivalries but maintain 7 in each. An odd one or two may be in the wrong division strictly, but hey, The Arizona Cardinals played in the NFC EAST for years.)

South and West
   mayo warriors
   Coolera Bears
   Ballyhaise Bills
   The ConVICKS
   Rehab is 4 Quitters
   L'Esprit de Biff
   Faithful Turfmen B

North and East
   Crossmaglen Hitmen
   Old Jack City
   Red Hand Helmets
   Carlow for Sam 2011
   North Antrim Nuggets
   Shreks Ogres
   puppet master

AZOffaly

Joe Montana Conference - Draft.

Draft will take place Monday August 30th at 2pm Irish Time. *** NOTE CHANGE OF DATE ***

Draft Order will be randomly generated by Yahoo approx 30 minutes before Draft Time. Test your system here http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/testdraft

Drafters, by Division: (All teams were placed in a division to try and keep geographic rivalries but maintain 7 in each. An odd one or two may be in the wrong division strictly, but hey, The Arizona Cardinals played in the NFC EAST for years.)

North and South
   CAPT PATs VIKINGS
   O'Neill's Chargers
   Shower of tramps
   Big Apple Orchards
   Craigyhill Terrors
   RedBolts MightyOaks
   hegan's helmets

East and West
   Ruthless Rossies
   The Curragh Rams
   Faithful Turfmen
   Smackdown Clowns
   New York Jets IV
   Galway Bay Tribesmen
   The Royal Badgers

magpie seanie

Again - sorry for all the questions. Do we have to draft two Defensive Backs and two Defensive Linemen? The two mock drafts I attempted had no individual defensive players and I don't recall seeing them on the yahoo system. Am I missing something?

AZOffaly

Yep Seanie, we felt a few years ago that Defensive Players was something we wanted to recognise and reward. DLs are either Defensive Linemen or Linebackers, DBs are Safeties and Cornerbacks.

They should be there alright, and will be available in our draft. I wouldn't be spending a top 7 or 8 round draft pick on them though.

Try this link. You can filter on positions to view players.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/216977/players?status=A&pos=DB&stat1=S_PS_2010

Shrek

what will happen in the Draft is someone  ::) hasnt the slightest clue what they are doing or who / player position they are meant to pick

magpie seanie

AZOffaly

Quote from: Shrek on August 25, 2010, 02:06:21 PM
what will happen in the Draft is someone  ::) hasnt the slightest clue what they are doing or who / player position they are meant to pick

To be honest, that rarely happens, but even if it does, don't panic :) Yahoo will make sure you pick a decent player at your turn, even if you get a brain freeze.

A tip for you. Print out one of the top 200 rankings from Yahoo or ESPN or NFL or somewhere like that, and just cross off lads as they get selected.

Decide your draft strategy beforehand if you are unsure of your plan of attack, e.g. 'I'm going heavy on runningbacks early, then Wide Recievers, and am only picking one QB and one TE', or whatever. Then stick to that plan unless something crazy like Chris Johnson falls to you in the 5th round or something like that.

It really is easier than it might sound, but it is no harm to have a printout of the top 200 (at least) players, and a little plan.

One other tip. When I'm waiting for my time to come around, I look at what position I'm thinking of drafting next. So if I want a WR, I'll pull my next favourite 4 or 5 into the queue, and they will disappear as other lads pick them. When it comes to my turn, whatever is left is probably someone I like.

Use the time between your picks to a) keep track of what others are picking, and b) deciding a set of lads you wouldn't mind picking next.

Rossie11

QuoteDecide your draft strategy beforehand if you are unsure of your plan of attack, e.g. 'I'm going heavy on runningbacks Cardinals early,

Fixed that for ya...  :P

The Iceman

If I am doing pre-ranked player and I include DB and DL as my last picks then I usually only get one or two max in a mock draft. I can't ensure I have the correct positional players by drafting this way.
So my question is what happens if my positions do not match up with the ones the league requires?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Iceman on August 25, 2010, 04:31:01 PM
If I am doing pre-ranked player and I include DB and DL as my last picks then I usually only get one or two max in a mock draft. I can't ensure I have the correct positional players by drafting this way.
So my question is what happens if my positions do not match up with the ones the league requires?

You will only be allowed fill the roster positions mandated by the league, so if you have only 1 DB, you will only be able to play 1 DB, you won't be allowed put an extra RB or whatever.

Don't worry though, there'll be loads of DBs and DLs left over if that happens, but I don't think Yahoo will allow you to leave without 2 of each if you are not at the draft.

mc_grens

Quote from: Rossie11 on August 25, 2010, 03:29:45 PM
QuoteDecide your draft strategy beforehand if you are unsure of your plan of attack, e.g. 'I'm going heavy light on runningbacks Cardinals early,

Fixed that for ya...  :P

Fixed that for ya again...

AZOffaly

Minder

Can I edit it tonight so my players are picked automatically, instead of "staying on the clock" and wasting peoples time ( Yahoo blocked in work).
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"