NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

The Claw

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2010, 12:23:19 PM
Lads, I may have an all day meeting on Thursday, so what are the chances of moving the Montana draft to 2pm Monday?
I will struggle to access the system during work on either day so I don't mind the move.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2010, 12:23:19 PM
Lads, I may have an all day meeting on Thursday, so what are the chances of moving the Montana draft to 2pm Monday?

suits me better anyway Az
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Iceman

So explain to me what happens after the regular snake auto draft takes place?
We have a team of 15 players and then what happens?

I don't understand why we have to be available during the draft if its automatic - are there players to be picked up and traded immediately afterward?

I've tried running a mock draft but it wont launch the window......it just posts me the results to my email account
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

The draft is not automatic. A snake draft is where each of us make a manual pick in order 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 and so on.

If you cannot make the draft, or your system cannot handle it (use the 'test my system' link) then it is important you pre rank your players, or make sure you are happy with the Yahoo ones, as your picks will be automatic when it comes to your turn.

Capt Pat

I am flexible about changing the draft time. The only problem is you will never get a time to suit everyone. My suggestion is to edit your pre draft rankings slightly and the auto pick function will go BPA throughout the draft. The only fault with that is the system drafts kickers earlier than you might like.

The Iceman

Ah right Ted. I thought it was the automatic snake draft.
My system isn't able to launch the window unfortunately so that leaves me daffy ducked.

So if I pre-rank the players and it auto picks 15 for me - what happens after that?
sorry for all the questions bud
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

mc_grens

Quote from: The Iceman on August 24, 2010, 03:30:34 PM
My system isn't able to launch the window unfortunately so that leaves me daffy ducked.

So if I pre-rank the players and it auto picks 15 for me - what happens after that?

If you update Macromedia flash you should be OK.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Iceman on August 24, 2010, 03:30:34 PM

You could still end up with a very competitive team even with an automatic draft although there is a bigger chance that you might end up with a few duds especially towards the middle and end of the draft.

magpie seanie

Wouldn't dare stay online for the draft here in work so gonna skip off out of the office for a while. How long will it take from past experience? We're not talking hours are we? And if it is going to be very long can you log into it mid-draft?

AZOffaly

You could be looking at 2 hours Seanie, but yes, you can dip in and out. Just remember to tick the 'I'm away' when you bugger off :)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 24, 2010, 03:49:06 PM
Wouldn't dare stay online for the draft here in work so gonna skip off out of the office for a while. How long will it take from past experience? We're not talking hours are we? And if it is going to be very long can you log into it mid-draft?

With 12 teams last year the draft was pushing on for well over an hour. With 14 this year I'd say it won't be far off 2 hours alright. The computer will pick for you though if you can't do the whole thing. You'd definitely want to be there to pick your first half a dozen players or so though.

The Iceman

I updated Flash and I still can't get in - maybe its blocked here in work - who knows?
I will have to go with the pre-rankings.

Any advice on the later rounds - should I pre rank a ton of players?

The Claw

Quote from: The Iceman on August 24, 2010, 04:16:20 PM
I updated Flash and I still can't get in - maybe its blocked here in work - who knows?
I will have to go with the pre-rankings.

Any advice on the later rounds - should I pre rank a ton of players?
Its very hard to know how to pre-rank your players because it is hard to tell how yahoo will judge it. Foe example, you could have a RB ranked at 50 but the computer might determine that you need a QB and therefore pick a qb you have ranked 60. My advice would be to change the first two rounds ranking to your liking and then broadly leave the rest of the players but move a few players up and down that you really like.

The Iceman

Cheers for all the advice.

Last question.
Do we know the pick order yet? Can it be posted up or is it on the league page anywhere?

DrinkingHarp

Iceman,

Yahoo determines the order, seems fair. Usually listed 45 min before draft.

Most employers have fantasy leagues blocked.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014