Cortisone Injection

Started by t_mac, July 25, 2019, 05:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t_mac

Looking for some optimism I suppose - I hurt my shoulder last year, went to doctors in new year, given anti-inflammatory tablets - did nothing, went back said I needed an ultrasound but in meantime physio could help. Have private health so did 6 physio sessions to no avail - physio said needed an Cortisone injection, saw consultant (who literally just agreed with physio but needed his referral for injection).  Got ultrasound guided steroid injection start of April and continued 2 weeks later with physio - after another 8 session nothing changed - recommended second injection, went through same procedure got second ultrasound guided steroid injection start of July and my arm appears to have got worse since, first time nothing changed no relief no additional pain, this one pain increased for few days then settled.  Due to see physio again next week, don't want to get another injection - not sure they doing anything.  Has anyone ever had one of these injections before - did they work and if so how long was it before you saw some results.  I have had this since Christmas!

Denn Forever

PM Ballinaman, he is a Physio and may have some pointers.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

bennydorano

I have had Steroid injections in my back & knee, helped at the time with my back - not so much the knee, the general area around the site of the injection has been continually sore since the injection - probably 10 years ago now. My cycling probably doesn't help tho. Physio told me the Knee & shoulder are the 2 trickiest parts of the body to treat.