Sam Maguire Group 2 - Galway, Armagh, Tyrone, Westmeath

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 23, 2023, 08:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Quote from: Orior on May 25, 2023, 06:17:38 PM
Did some bigwig get a tour of the Athletic Grounds today?
That would be Charles king of England

Manning18

Quote from: larryin89 on May 25, 2023, 05:06:15 PM
All about Galway this year. Ye can call it yerra or whatever you want , they're the team most people fancy . Sean Kelly the best defender in the land , Walsh , comer , Tierney and finnerty , first two X factor footballers other two would make any starting 15 in the country . Cian o neill has them primed for glory . If Dublin can reignite the flame , it will be some final (if avoided before final ) , can't see anyone else spoiling the party in Tuam on 31st July .

Ah Larry, dya not think it's Mayos year? The only thing stopping them all this time has been the fabled curse and that's now removed. Kieran McDonald with his one all star is the greatest player never to lift Sam. If they can only get Cillian o'Connor back fit, we all know of his prolific record from play in finals. The county never truly wanted the 2020 and 2021 finals when with covid they couldn't properly celebrate. The tin roofs from Swinford to Belmullet will be swinging when the day comes in 2 months time

larryin89

Not like you to let the guard slip there Manning , Tin roofs ! Haha . If it wasn't for mayo and rossies there would be no roofs in the county of arts and culture that's for sure . Enjoy your summer mo chara .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

statto

Armagh team:

Rafferty

Morgan
Mckay
Forker

McCabe
C O'Neill
J Burns

Crealey
Ciaran Mackin

Grugan
Duffy
Campbell

Murnin
R O'Neill
Nugent

Subs:

Magill (GK)
Higgins
McCambridge
McQuillan
Cumiskey
Connaire Mackin
McPartlan
Turbitt
Hall
McConville
Conaty

5times5times

Quote from: statto on May 26, 2023, 09:12:55 AM
Armagh team:

Rafferty

Morgan
Mckay
Forker

McCabe
C O'Neill
J Burns

Crealey
Ciaran Mackin

Grugan
Duffy
Campbell

Murnin
R O'Neill
Nugent

Subs:

Magill (GK)
Higgins
McCambridge
McQuillan
Cumiskey
Connaire Mackin
McPartlan
Turbitt
Hall
McConville
Conaty

Too strong of a team for what should be a handy game? Why risk your main players and not give some bench lads time?

naka

Quote from: 5times5times on May 26, 2023, 10:26:56 AM
Armagh team:

Rafferty

Morgan
Mckay
Forker

McCabe
C O'Neill
J Burns

Crealey
Ciaran Mackin

Grugan
Duffy
Campbell

Murnin
R O'Neill
Nugent

Subs:

Magill (GK)
Higgins
McCambridge
McQuillan
Cumiskey
Connaire Mackin
McPartlan
Turbitt
Hall
McConville
Conaty

Too strong of a team for what should be a handy game? Why risk your main players and not give some bench lads time?
We need to win this game and win it well
No such thing as too strong a team
Westmeath will be up for it

statto

Nugent has done well to get a start given his lack of form in any of sub appearances.  I wouldn't have dropped Turbitt he may not have scored in last 2 games, but this would be a good opportunity for him to restore some confidence. 

seafoid

Armagh have to win this match but should try out a few subs.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

UpMeeyo

Armagh team:

Rafferty

Morgan
Mckay
Forker

McCabe
C O'Neill
J Burns

Crealey
Ciaran Mackin

Grugan
Duffy
Campbell

Murnin
R O'Neill
Nugent

Subs:

Magill (GK)
Higgins
McCambridge
McQuillan
Cumiskey
Connaire Mackin
McPartlan
Turbitt
Hall
McConville
Conaty

Would it be fair to say Armagh don't know what their strongest team is? Every time I see an Armagh 15 there are changes -McCambridge, McQuillan, Connaire Mackin, McPartlan Turbitt, Hall - feel like all these lads have either started or been very involved in recent games, hard to build chemistry with so much chopping and changing.

Armagh18

Quote from: UpMeeyo on May 26, 2023, 12:22:18 PM
Armagh team:

Rafferty

Morgan
Mckay
Forker

McCabe
C O'Neill
J Burns

Crealey
Ciaran Mackin

Grugan
Duffy
Campbell

Murnin
R O'Neill
Nugent

Subs:

Magill (GK)
Higgins
McCambridge
McQuillan
Cumiskey
Connaire Mackin
McPartlan
Turbitt
Hall
McConville
Conaty

Would it be fair to say Armagh don't know what their strongest team is? Every time I see an Armagh 15 there are changes -McCambridge, McQuillan, Connaire Mackin, McPartlan Turbitt, Hall - feel like all these lads have either started or been very involved in recent games, hard to build chemistry with so much chopping and changing.
Not really, probably good competition for places there and certain players more suited to certain games/roles. I'd say thats very close to our strongest team at the minute. Form dependent Turbitt could come in for Nugent and tbh i would have Hall starting with Soupy coming in at half time to run at tired legs. Argument to be made for McCambridge somewhere as well but close call between any of the defenders.

bennydorano

I'm not sure we know our strongest 15 either tbh, but as a big believer in horses for courses I like the fact we can interchange our first 20 (when fit) without substantially weakening the team. Be nice to think we've assessed the Westmeath threat and set out the team with that in mind. Great to have genuine competition for places even if I don't agree with some  selections.

Armamike

Quote from: 5times5times on May 26, 2023, 10:26:56 AM
Armagh team:

Rafferty

Morgan
Mckay
Forker

McCabe
C O'Neill
J Burns

Crealey
Ciaran Mackin

Grugan
Duffy
Campbell

Murnin
R O'Neill
Nugent

Subs:

Magill (GK)
Higgins
McCambridge
McQuillan
Cumiskey
Connaire Mackin
McPartlan
Turbitt
Hall
McConville
Conaty

If we are in the good position of winning this by 15 points with 20 minutes left i'd give a few lads a run out!
That's just, like your opinion man.

statto

Armagh team:

Rafferty

Morgan
Mckay
Forker

McCabe
C O'Neill
J Burns

Crealey
Ciaran Mackin

Grugan
Duffy
Campbell

Murnin
R O'Neill
Nugent

Subs:

Magill (GK)
Higgins
McCambridge
McQuillan
Cumiskey
Connaire Mackin
McPartlan
Turbitt
Hall
McConville
Conaty

Nailing down Ciaran Mackins best position is probably another thing that needs looked at.  Made his name as a midfielder much like Jarly Og, but have been impressed with him when he has played wing back.  Armagh now seem to be a better balanced side with good options in defence and upfront, where as in years gone by would have been viewed as top heavy, which ironically resulted in A Forker moving back to defence.  Think his first run at that was picking up mcmanus one year and did a great job. 

I don't see mcquillan as a starter more an impact player due to speed when game opens up, personally think we have much better options than Connaire Mackin but McGeeney seems to be a fan. 

smelmoth

Armagh team:

Rafferty

Morgan
Mckay
Forker

McCabe
C O'Neill
J Burns

Crealey
Ciaran Mackin

Grugan
Duffy
Campbell

Murnin
R O'Neill
Nugent

Subs:

Magill (GK)
Higgins
McCambridge
McQuillan
Cumiskey
Connaire Mackin
McPartlan
Turbitt
Hall
McConville
Conaty

Few teams stick to an exact 15 week in week out but there is a fair degree with continuity with almost all variations explained by knocks. Not sure when you saw McQuillan or Connaire Mackin named or drafted in before throwing  but I'm sure you will fill us in on the deets

seafoid

What's wrong with Jemar Hall? Did he not feature in the league ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU