Will Mayo ever learn?

Started by chrissears, February 07, 2023, 01:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrissears

I watched the Armagh v Mayo game in London and it is the same mistakes we are still making.
We were 4 points up with 5 minutes added time, playing away from home and a good solid performance and we carried on the attack!
The Donegal, Dublin, kerry & Tyrone teams would have kept the ball and finished out the game as winners, we were lucky to get the draw.
We also had a goal scoring chance very late in the game, we went for glory, the shot was saved and a point scoring opportunity was lost.
The top sides would have popped the ball over the bar for another point but not us.
You can build the team up in the gym and have them as fit as a flea but if you continue to make bad decisions like this you wont win matches.
I look back at the finals we have played in the last 10 years or so and either drew or lost by a point, in each of those games there were at least 2 or 3 simple point scoring chances and we took none of them.
I wish Kevin McStay and his team all the best but if you don't learn from your mistakes, you don't win matches, its that simple.

From the Bunker

Quote from: chrissears on February 07, 2023, 01:52:10 PM
I watched the Armagh v Mayo game in London and it is the same mistakes we are still making.
We were 4 points up with 5 minutes added time, playing away from home and a good solid performance and we carried on the attack!
The Donegal, Dublin, kerry & Tyrone teams would have kept the ball and finished out the game as winners, we were lucky to get the draw.
We also had a goal scoring chance very late in the game, we went for glory, the shot was saved and a point scoring opportunity was lost.
The top sides would have popped the ball over the bar for another point but not us.
You can build the team up in the gym and have them as fit as a flea but if you continue to make bad decisions like this you wont win matches.
I look back at the finals we have played in the last 10 years or so and either drew or lost by a point, in each of those games there were at least 2 or 3 simple point scoring chances and we took none of them.
I wish Kevin McStay and his team all the best but if you don't learn from your mistakes, you don't win matches, its that simple.

You started a new thread to sprout that repetitive rubbish.

The week before the same could have been said of Galway.

Ulster Frank

Mayo have a good team. A fit Tommy Conroy and Ryan O'Donoghue will be big additions.   Need sort out with goalkeeper and FB line.

joemamas

I would bet E50 that chrissears, Ulster Frank, Eire OG, Kerry for Sams, Cavan 19, are all the same idiot WUM,
Given the genuine loss the board had this week, one would think that you might have waited a month before you started up more BS threads.

Ulster Frank

Quote from: joemamas on February 07, 2023, 07:46:05 PM
I would bet E50 that chrissears, Ulster Frank, Eire OG, Kerry for Sams, Cavan 19, are all the same idiot WUM,
Given the genuine loss the board had this week, one would think that you might have waited a month before you started up more BS threads.

You can take me out of this please and refrain from calling me an idiot. I will be putting you on ignore.

UpMeeyo

I understand why it's a bone of contention but why is this a forbidden discussion amongst mayo fans? I raised the question with privately and got shot down in the same manner.

Why does it keep happening to mayo? Or why doesn't it happen to Kerry or Dublin?

On 67 minutes reape is brought up and kicks a score to put us 5 up. It being from a free, surely there is no better signal to say no is the time to do everything to slow the game down - that's fall over with any contact, foul around the middle, take ages on our own frees, retain possession over taking on needless shots, put 15 men behind the ball. It just doesn't seem to be the mayo way and it feels like something we just can't seem to learn.

An Fhairche Abu

Well said

highorlow

Quote32
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Will Mayo ever learn?
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 08:19:04 AM »
I understand why it's a bone of contention but why is this a forbidden discussion amongst mayo fans? I raised the question with privately and got shot down in the same manner.

Why does it keep happening to mayo? Or why doesn't it happen to Kerry or Dublin?

On 67 minutes reape is brought up and kicks a score to put us 5 up. It being from a free, surely there is no better signal to say no is the time to do everything to slow the game down - that's fall over with any contact, foul around the middle, take ages on our own frees, retain possession over taking on needless shots, put 15 men behind the ball. It just doesn't seem to be the mayo way and it feels like something we just can't seem to learn.

It's clearly not a forbidden discussion with yourself and your alias's so you can work away and argue away with yourself once you've your homework finished for Mammy
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Cavan19

I will take on that bet and while you are at it double it to 100 and i will donate the winnings to charity.

Gaamod5 can select the charity.

Cavan19

Hello joemass  are you going to be a man about this?

magpie seanie

Quote from: sensini on May 30, 2023, 12:23:31 AM
Quote from: Cavan19 on February 10, 2023, 03:50:36 PM
Hello joemass  are you going to be a man about this?

I hope the money  was paid up.   Looking that poster history Joe Mass has form for calling out people who don't agree with his opinion .

This post isn't as clever as you think it is!