Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmcgdoire

Quote from: square_ball on June 25, 2023, 11:51:53 AM
Yeah all stars solely based on semi final and final. Shane Walsh prime example last year. Ok up to the final then had a performance of the ages and got the all star and in the running for player of true year based on 1 game. Canavan has been exceptional. I think he can get even better still.
Not sure about this. There are plenty of examples of Quarter finalists getting all stars although they have to be exceptional. Im not sure Canavan has earned it yet, but maybe if he brings a similar performance to the QF even if tyrone bow out.

square_ball

Quote from: jmcgdoire on June 25, 2023, 11:56:47 AM
Quote from: square_ball on June 25, 2023, 11:51:53 AM
Yeah all stars solely based on semi final and final. Shane Walsh prime example last year. Ok up to the final then had a performance of the ages and got the all star and in the running for player of true year based on 1 game. Canavan has been exceptional. I think he can get even better still.
Not sure about this. There are plenty of examples of Quarter finalists getting all stars although they have to be exceptional. Im not sure Canavan has earned it yet, but maybe if he brings a similar performance to the QF even if tyrone bow out.

Well maybe solely is a bit strong but looking back on the last 4 full seasons where we've had quarter finals by my count there has been 58 of the 60 all stars given out to players who have reached the semi finals.

Walter Cronc

McGeary was the best he's been in a long time yesterday. His conditioning must be off though as he was hooked early. For a Tyrone team they're not overly hateful bar McKernan! This might change if we draw youse next weekend  8)

square_ball

That's disappointing we only have one unlikeable player. We would like to get that up to maybe 5 of the starting team to be hateful fckuers.

marty34

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 25, 2023, 12:08:18 PM
McGeary was the best he's been in a long time yesterday. His conditioning must be off though as he was hooked early. For a Tyrone team they're not overly hateful bar McKernan! This might change if we draw youse next weekend  8)

A slabber and dives all the time also.

A bad combination.

rrhf

HokeyPokey

I think Meyler is underrated. He doesn't kick that much but has shown that he can. He can blot out an opposition player like nobody else. He never stops running. He rarely gives the ball away. He is really good at hand passing into space, going past a man and give and goes. He gives everything and is a great ambassador for Tyrone and the GAA.

GaaGPT

Surprised McShane didn't getting some game time. I think our bench is quite poor in terms of game changers. Would have liked to have seen him get some time in prep for the 1/4 final

square_ball

I would imagine the players would be happy enough with that draw as the green and gold usually gets them going. I suppose any of the 3 possibilities were going to be tricky so bring it on.

Jerome

NotedObserver

Quote from: Jerome on June 26, 2023, 08:59:20 AM
Who marks Clifford?

Hampsey. Was Mcnamee previous semi but I would go with Hampsey this time around.

square_ball

Hampsey marked him in Omagh. He seems to be the go to for danger men this season and has done well in the main. Though Gallen did give him a torrid enough time on Saturday past.

GaelTheGael

Quote from: GaaGPT on June 26, 2023, 08:53:29 AM
Surprised McShane didn't getting some game time. I think our bench is quite poor in terms of game changers. Would have liked to have seen him get some time in prep for the 1/4 final
Looks to be nowhere near it. Be surprised if he plays any meaningful part from here on in.

tyrone08

Where in Belfast centre would be showing the gaa match.

An Watcher

Anywhere on castle Street I'd imagine. 

The Garrick might be a better shout though