Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayop

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 23, 2021, 10:35:01 PM
Quote from: Jayop on August 23, 2021, 06:34:19 PM
I watched the Meath Sligo game with keen interest because I'm longer living in Sligo now than what I was in Strabane so would have a soft spot for Sligo and a few of our club men were in the Sligo team. Infairness Meath had them we'll beat and if it wasn't for the red card they would have probably been out of sight. I don't know what the Meath lad got the second yellow for, I must have missed it. Meath looked a strong team with some big powerful lads and some really rapid runners.

With Tyrone it's really hard to know, the Ulster final was barely a game and do we know if Cork just had a really really off day or were Tyrone miles better. Like without the Cork keeper it would have been a cricket score.

You'd be expecting Tyrone to win now after having seen both finals but with kids it's never that easy. Just great to see them playing some really positive football and look so composed (unless going for goal :) )

Trying to figure out how many Strabane men I know in Sligo and I only got three. Two from Carlton Drive and one from Carrick Strand.

I'm one of the three alright I'd say

An Watcher

No Ballycolmaners or Lisnafiners!!

Fuzzman

Hi all
Do any of ye have any spare premium tickets for this Sat or even better a premium exchange membership login to their website to buy more tickets.
Basically I'm bringing my three sons but currently have two Hogan Premium tickets and two upper Cusack 707 but kids not keen to sit apart.
If anyone can help pm me or WhatsApp me on 0872430326.

HokeyPokey

Tyrone are 12/1 to win the AI. Worth a punt at that amount. Nobody must be betting. I remember them being 33/1 when they stumbled across the line against Westmeath in '08.

skeog

1200/1 should be the odds going on how covid recovery saps the energy out of your body.

BennyHarp

Quote from: HokeyPokey on August 25, 2021, 12:10:04 PM
Tyrone are 12/1 to win the AI. Worth a punt at that amount. Nobody must be betting. I remember them being 33/1 when they stumbled across the line against Westmeath in '08.

I stuck a £10er on them at 20/1 when it looked like they had conceded a few weeks ago. Like you said, worth a small punt.
That was never a square ball!!

NotedObserver

V hard to tell with the way covid has hit but

Morgan
Hampsey
Mcnamee
Mckernan
Sludden
Oneill
Harte
Burns or Kennedy
Kilpatrick
Mcgeary
Bradley
Meyler
Mccurry
Donnelly
McKenna

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: NotedObserver on August 27, 2021, 09:09:07 AM

Morgan
Hampsey
Mcnamee
Mckernan
Sludden
Oneill
Harte
Burns or Kennedy
Kilpatrick
Mcgeary
Bradley
Meyler
Mccurry
Donnelly
McKenna
Rory Brennan has to start, hopefully at the expense in that team off McKernan. He's a mistake waiting to happen.

kickitin

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 27, 2021, 09:31:39 AM
Quote from: NotedObserver on August 27, 2021, 09:09:07 AM

Morgan
Hampsey
Mcnamee
Mckernan
Sludden
Oneill
Harte
Burns or Kennedy
Kilpatrick
Mcgeary
Bradley
Meyler
Mccurry
Donnelly
McKenna
Rory Brennan has to start, hopefully at the expense in that team off McKernan. He's a mistake waiting to happen.

If Michael o'neill starts tomorrow i'm getting up off my seat and leaving after the minor game. HE CAN'T START, i can't believe some people believe he is capable of playing at 6 in an all-ireland semi final.

and before people come at me with pitch forks, im not running any player down behind a screen, he's an excellent club player but he is definitely not of standard to start for tyrone tomorrow or at any other stage this year should he have played.

would be surprised to see Bradley at 11 but could happen. as you say it really depends on how bad covid has hit certain players, as i heard one of the players you have named in that team was in hospital for a while and lost a stone weight. not surprising considering the rumours around 90% of the team refusing the vaccine

Under Lights

I wouldn't be starting Brennan on this occasion either, feel like so many players are going to be assigned marking jobs so need McCann's ball carrying skills.

Would be going

Morgan

Hampsey
McNamee
McKernan

McCann
Burns
Harte

Kennedy
Conn

Meyler
Sludden
McGeary

McCurry
Donnelly
McKenna

tyrone08

Quote from: Under Lights on August 27, 2021, 11:29:33 AM
I wouldn't be starting Brennan on this occasion either, feel like so many players are going to be assigned marking jobs so need McCann's ball carrying skills.

Would be going

Morgan

Hampsey
McNamee
McKernan

McCann
Burns
Harte

Kennedy
Conn

Meyler
Sludden
McGeary

McCurry
Donnelly
McKenna

I would keep mckenn on the bench. Seems to perform better when used as a sub. Let him come on for last 20 mins and really stretch the kerry defence

An Watcher

I see Tyrone Seniors are 5/1 tomorrow but what proce are the minors? Couldn't find that anywhere

kickitin

Quote from: An Watcher on August 27, 2021, 01:48:31 PM
I see Tyrone Seniors are 5/1 tomorrow but what proce are the minors? Couldn't find that anywhere

think it's illegal to bet on under 17's

TopOfTheRight13

My team would be as follows

1.morgan
2.mckernan.    3.hampsey.   4.j.munroe
5.mckenna.     6.harte.       7.sludden

8kilpatrick.    9.kennedy

10.mcgeary.      11.burns.   12.meyler
13.mccurry.       14.m.donnelly.  15.mcshane

Team has lack of height espc in full back line, play first 15-20,  see how it goes drop matty into sweeper, keeping the goals out is crucial.. Been saying all year mckenna has to play half back, played cameo at 5 but is little naive.. Seen too much of mccann at 5 with no dividends. Can play crucial role from bench. Dropped mcnamee because of kerrys agility and speed in full forward and he's cart horse in croker.

Theshooter

Quote from: Onionbag_82 on August 28, 2021, 09:43:30 AM
Quote from: TopOfTheRight13 on August 27, 2021, 11:12:36 PM
My team would be as follows

1.morgan
2.mckernan.    3.hampsey.   4.j.munroe
5.mckenna.     6.harte.       7.sludden

8kilpatrick.    9.kennedy

10.mcgeary.      11.burns.   12.meyler
13.mccurry.       14.m.donnelly.  15.mcshane

Team has lack of height espc in full back line, play first 15-20,  see how it goes drop matty into sweeper, keeping the goals out is crucial.. Been saying all year mckenna has to play half back, played cameo at 5 but is little naive.. Seen too much of mccann at 5 with no dividends. Can play crucial role from bench. Dropped mcnamee because of kerrys agility and speed in full forward and he's cart horse in croker.

For me, and for the goal threat alone, RONAN ONEILL HAS TO START

Ronan O'Neill welcome to the board