Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Any match reports on the Dunloy Ballycastle or Cushendall Loughgiel?

maxpower

Ballycastle started the game very strongly, dominant in middle third and lively in the full forward line, created a few chances early on but only lead 0-1 to 0-0 after 7/8 mins.  Dunloy blasted the next 1-4 with the goal coming from a magee penalty after nancy had been pulled down when through, shorty also scored the point of the game at this stage.

Dunloy continued to dominant for most of the game with goals from Nancy and Ryan McErlaine to comfortably lead by 10 with 10 to goal, once again Ballycastle kicked on and a superb catch and goal from cossy game them some hope, this was further enhance with another 1-1 coming however never really looked like being enough to over turn the scoreline

Ballycastle have huge potential, they still need to uncover a real scoring threat as they created but didn't take enough chances in the first 10 mins, Dunloy had a good start to the league with a few still to come back in
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bredaghgael86 on April 22, 2010, 02:30:53 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 21, 2010, 10:40:30 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 21, 2010, 08:45:37 PM
ACHL Div 1

Glenariffe 1-15 Ballygalget 1-11  8)

expected that but was shite on the others :-[

oh we beat Carey and St Endas :D

That's a good results against st endas milltown. What was the score? We beat ballymena 1:6 - 4:26.

4-26!!!

i know ballymena aren't great but thats some scoring for the first match. is Colm still looking after yas?

we won 1-10 to 0-9 against st Endas. they had a lot of possesion but pushed young Curran into fullforward at the start of the second half. he'd won most  puck outs in the first half.

going for goals too early!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bredaghgael86

Aye colm and sean are still there. It was a good score alright, sorta have to do it when you can incase of score difference atthe end of the year. 

Milltown Row2

over the years I've heard some cracking excuses for clubs calling games off but todays excuse takes the biscuit. McDees have called their game off against us because they don't have any helmets!!!!

whats next? can a club get a game called off cause they have no boots??????
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Ballycran 2-15 Glenariffe 2-15
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Arthur_Friend

aontroim

Result on county website is;

Ballycran 2-18 v 2-15 Glenariffe

Minder

Quote from: aontroim on April 25, 2010, 04:56:35 PM

Typo. Aye was 2-18 to 2-15

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: Minder on April 25, 2010, 05:04:58 PM
Quote from: aontroim on April 25, 2010, 04:56:35 PM

Typo. Aye was 2-18 to 2-15

Bad result.

Milltown Row2

not a bad result Glenariffe showing good form early on. we got beat by Rossa today. both teams missing players but my post is about the referee.

the Ballymena referee was unreal. never in my life had i ever seen such a bad performance. his calls for both teams was the worst ever witness.

its reasons like that today that I've taken up the refereeing. he seen two flags on the twenty one when there was only one. he give a penalty thirty yards out when it should have been on the twenty  yard line!!!!

Minder

Was it Liam Donnelly officiating, Milltown?

Milltown Row2

Aye Minder, think he was at  wedding the day before ;)

he's done a few games over the years and he hasn't improved, sorry Liam

Onthehill

Liam's been known for this kind of reffin'. Heard he likes an odd sip before a game. Think its to calm his nerves..... ::)

maxpower

careful now

Dunloy beat Portaferry 0-12 to 0-5, defence played surperbly well especially considering only James McKeague and Woody started last years County Final in the defence.  Paul Braniff went off at half time and Portaferry never really threatened to get on top second half, they did miss a few frees in the first half.

What happens next????