Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Seriously guys, this is a guy who has shown flashes of talent and little else, he has contibuted big scores from frees and very little else. When has anyone seen a game where he took it by the scruff of the neck and won it for either club or county.

As soon as the going gets tough he pulls a dirty stroke if not having already done so. I dont like singling out a player but he does so himself with this attitude.

I have watched him playing since he was no age and know his game well. I dont think he would have the attitude he has if he were a player at a different club.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Minder on April 14, 2010, 07:58:34 PM
Watson was in the changing rooms before a pre season match and said "Aye Dinny I got the DC manager to take me off after 45 mins yesterday so I would be fresh for today", to which an unnamed city man said "Ah Liam I was at the match yesterday and you played the full game". Rumbled.

I know I shouldn't, but I can't help laughing my arse off at this one!!

NAG1

Quote from: Minder on April 14, 2010, 07:58:34 PM
Watson was in the changing rooms before a pre season match and said "Aye Dinny I got the DC manager to take me off after 45 mins yesterday so I would be fresh for today", to which an unnamed city man said "Ah Liam I was at the match yesterday and you played the full game". Rumbled.

I know I shouldn't, but I can't help laughing my arse off at this one!!

Dinny deserves everything he gets in this repect.

drici

Some highlights from the big clash of the weekend between Wexford and Antrim to be shown on GAA 2010 which starts at 20:00 on Monday night on TG4.

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on April 18, 2010, 08:59:30 PM
Who is Neil Berg (sp?)? He scored our goal today according to yer woman on Sunday Sport.

Hennings brother? Antrim site had McManus as getting the goal.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: drici on April 17, 2010, 12:26:10 AM
Some highlights from the big clash of the weekend between Wexford and Antrim to be shown on GAA 2010 which starts at 20:00 on Monday night on TG4.

should be a cracker!!

i think Antrim can win this one. but we should not mention anything otherwise we (anonymous posters) will get the blame if we lose
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

drici

NAG1

Yet another pitiful result!

maxpower

highlights seemed to suggest we were playing rightly until the red card.  why was Magee not in goals?
What happens next????

NAG1

Dont think the sending off would have resulted in such a big swing IMO

maxpower

wasn't at the game so i don't know how it was progressing but going by reports Antrim came back from 5 down to lead by 3 at time man got the line.  Wexford then took over, it must have had a significant impact, playing with a man down is hard and doubly so if your forwards are all small in stature

Goals looked like giveaways too which didn't help.
What happens next????

johnneycool

is that the third Antrim hurler to get the line in the NHL, another double yellow or what?

slow corner back

Straight Red for PJ O Connell according to the paper. Meant to have been a bit harsh but as I was not at the match I could not say for sure.

Minder

Quote from: maxpower on April 19, 2010, 01:07:52 PM
highlights seemed to suggest we were playing rightly until the red card.  why was Magee not in goals?

Antrim had a strong enough wind on their favour in the first half. Young O'Connell has been dodgy this year in goals.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

maxpower

You would have to agree 3 straight red cards in seven matches is poor form from Antrim.  All from our attacking players, saw the highlights and too be fair to PJ i thought it looked quite harsh too, a clip more than a full blooded swing.

Thats the league over, plenty of players got their chance and just the championship to come.  would fancy us to have a panel of players to compete with offaly
What happens next????