Predict Prelim Q/finals: Kildare/Monaghan, Cork/Ros, Donegal/Tyrone, Galway/Mayo

Started by GAABoardMod5, June 21, 2023, 07:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

thewobbler

Quote from: full moon on June 24, 2023, 03:09:29 PM
Id rather Roscommon win because they are a much smaller county and Cork have very poor football support

Ordinarily I'd agree.

But I found myself cheering on Dublin against Roscommon. And I've never cheered on Dublin in anything ever.

Truth is that Roacommon's relentless and extraordinary will to play anti-football is not getting them any closer to winning big games.

Should it do so, we'd be witness to another Jimmy McGuinness-style revolution of shite football.

So come on anyone but Ross.

5times5times

full moon

full moon

Quote from: thewobbler on June 24, 2023, 03:21:16 PM
Id rather Roscommon win because they are a much smaller county and Cork have very poor football support

Ordinarily I'd agree.

But I found myself cheering on Dublin against Roscommon. And I've never cheered on Dublin in anything ever.

Truth is that Roacommon's relentless and extraordinary will to play anti-football is not getting them any closer to winning big games.

Should it do so, we'd be witness to another Jimmy McGuinness-style revolution of shite football.

I don't think it's much worse than Derry or Donegal, although Derry do always knock in goals

screenexile

Rosie haven't deserved it.

The lad who threw the ball up to himself what's he at? Enda Smith too! 🤦🏼‍♂️

thewobbler

Ros were a joy to watch for 10 mins with the forward press.

Cork has no clue what to do.

Then Ros succumbed to trying to clock manage the final score.

Idiotic football.

They've a super team. Let them play football ffs.

Idiotic.

joemamas

Only saw second half
Felt a bit sorry for the Rossies after they came back from four down.
Ref did a good job let them play,

square_ball

Typical Roscommon. When the business end of the season comes they are not worth a damn.

joemamas

Quote from: square_ball on June 24, 2023, 03:46:03 PM
Typical Roscommon. When the business end of the season comes they are not worth a damn.

Not a fair statement, they have some excellent footballers and had the balls to come back from four down with 12 minutes to go.
On a side note , just watched John Cleary interview, seems like a genuine likeable sort of Manager.

Real Talk

Wildweasel74

There should be a 2 week gap after last week's games, a losing team shouldn't have to be out again this week. The argument that they be bck to their clubs earlier, sorta doesn't past mustard as Derry club fball at league fixture 11 out of 13.It only frees up players to disappear to America.

jmcgdoire

Quote from: full moon on June 24, 2023, 03:30:44 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 24, 2023, 03:21:16 PM

Ordinarily I'd agree.

I don't think it's much worse than Derry or Donegal, although Derry do always knock in goals

Contrary to popular belief Derry do take risks. Keeper regularly scored from play. As do the fullback line. Plenty of ball kicked in to shane and lads not afraid to shoot low percentage shots. I think we get a very bad name

befair

Sorry for the Rossies, great comeback form 5 pts down, obs plenty of spirit there. But their tactics are tedious to watch

weareros

Disappointing but well done Cork. Really have hit a rich vein of form. Wasn't a free at end, however. Once the ball hit the ground first, Daly did not commit a technical foul. Ref should know that but seemed influenced by crowd. Ah well. Thank you to team for fine efforts. We are a small county and always do our best. Some as always will be happy to dance on our grave. But We are Ros!