Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

In the spirit of it almost being Friday - tis time for an after shifter.

Stagmeister

Anyone else think Aussie beer is rank, Tooheys, Hahns, Pure Blonde...not great at all, Carlton is probably the best of a very bad bunch.

Brazilian beer on the other hand is lovely, brahma chopp and kaiser prob the best, and they serve it ice cold over there

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Stagmeister on April 23, 2010, 01:15:31 AM
Anyone else think Aussie beer is rank, Tooheys, Hahns, Pure Blonde...not great at all, Carlton is probably the best of a very bad bunch.

Brazilian beer on the other hand is lovely, brahma chopp and kaiser prob the best, and they serve it ice cold over there

Can't agree love and miss Tooheys Extra Dry (TED's) and James Squire is sublime. Liked Coopers and Boogs too. There was some nice lime beer mix with a treefrog on the front which was nice for a hangover.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

the real slim shady

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 23, 2010, 01:29:25 AM

Can't agree love and miss Tooheys Extra Dry (TED's) and James Squire is sublime. Liked Coopers and Boogs too. There was some nice lime beer mix with a treefrog on the front which was nice for a hangover.

Crown Larger, best one by a mile.  You can get TED in Makro in Belfast.

BenDover

Quote from: hardstation on April 23, 2010, 01:22:54 AM
Advice:
Always drink Guinness Black Lager from the bottle. Don't let curiousity get the better of you and pour it into a glass. You will stare at it for a while before deciding, "I'm not drinking that shit".

Overall verdict:
Not bad but not worth the price. Diageo b**tards.

Future of the drink:
See Breo.

Would have to agree with everything Hardstation is saying here, looks like coke when poured into a glass - working parttime in an Offy and we've had this a few weeks now and don't think we've shifted any of it so far 4pack for 4.99 bit steep

Mid Mon

Quote from: BenDover on April 23, 2010, 09:13:39 AM
Quote from: hardstation on April 23, 2010, 01:22:54 AM
Advice:
Always drink Guinness Black Lager from the bottle. Don't let curiousity get the better of you and pour it into a glass. You will stare at it for a while before deciding, "I'm not drinking that shit".

Overall verdict:
Not bad but not worth the price. Diageo b**tards.

Future of the drink:
See Breo.

Would have to agree with everything Hardstation is saying here, looks like coke when poured into a glass - working parttime in an Offy and we've had this a few weeks now and don't think we've shifted any of it so far 4pack for 4.99 bit steep

£1.25 a bottle you guys are a bit tight.

its only a pack of 4, its not as if it £1.25 a bottle for a 24 pack

5 Sams

Quote from: gerry on March 26, 2010, 08:07:45 PM
anybody try the new guinness black lager, just bought a 4pk by 330ml bottles for £4.89 tonight. At £4.89 its hardly cheap.

Blasphemy...and it tastes boggin as well.....why do I get the impression that every so often Guinness are left with a dodgy batch of hops that can't used for real Guinness and they produce shit like this.....
The Aristocrat Years

Doogie Browser

Cannot understand why they would waste millions on this when we all know it will fall by the wayside. 

The Real Laoislad

I loved VB when I was in OZ
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Hard to beat Köln beers from Germany. Can only get it in a small region of Germany. From my knowledge, it isn't exported out of that region, never mind out of Germany.

Testing Accessibility

BallyhaiseMan

Theres nothing like 10/12 Coronas on a night out.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 23, 2010, 01:29:06 PM

VD more like

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 23, 2010, 01:47:57 PM

VD more like

Venereal Disease ?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 23, 2010, 01:37:22 PM
Theres nothing like 10/12 Coronas on a night out.
What is normally wrong with the other two?  :P

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 23, 2010, 01:50:17 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 23, 2010, 01:47:57 PM

VD more like

Venereal Disease ?

Ya that stuff is Manc, I had a slab of cans of it when I first arrived in Austraila, had them ad a beech party and couldn't give them away.