Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizzy15

Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 07, 2016, 07:26:58 PM
Any man who is betting on championship games based on league tables will be in the poor house!

Totally agree.

Hectic

A lot will depend on how the Aghagallon full back performs. If he does not get to grips with the high ball into young Woody for the full 60 mins he will find the net a time or two. If the Aghagallon full back line concentrate too much on one man Dunloy have the pace in the corners to reap the rewards. Aghagallon are stronger in their general play but there is still a beauty about a route one high punt, a high field and score which Dunloy can do very well.

Christmas Lights

Dunloy a hurling club lads.  They haven't a hope.  Aghagallon ripping through every team this year, Dunloy will be the next to experience this.  Im predicting a 2nd year in a row final defeat.

Hectic

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 09, 2016, 08:19:52 AM
Dunloy a hurling club lads.  They haven't a hope.  Aghagallon ripping through every team this year, Dunloy will be the next to experience this.  Im predicting a 2nd year in a row final defeat.

Bit of cute hoorism there maybe?

Dreen

Aghagallon very impressive this year against us, well drilled and knew they were going different places next season.

Championship as we all know is a different animal as Dunloy have proven v higher league opposition.

Personally i think we should have beaten Aldergrove ourselves and saw it as no surprise that Dunloy beat them as they on their day are as dangerous as any side.

The intermediate has been a good championship this season and and the split in leagues has intensified the bottom half of the Division 2 with all games having meaning and less likely dead rubbers. Every game since the split has been like championship must win for some.

Hope for a good footballing final devoid of negativity and good luck to both

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 09, 2016, 08:19:52 AM

Our DUAL club has no hope against their football club. were just lucky to be there at all having beaten all the teams better than us in the championship.

Weve nothing to lose at all. we lose, ah well back next year. we win, jaysus we just beat a really top football club.

Its win win for us no matter what.  8)
hurl like f**k boi!

Hectic

Quote from: Dreen on September 09, 2016, 10:23:07 AM
Aghagallon very impressive this year against us, well drilled and knew they were going different places next season.

Championship as we all know is a different animal as Dunloy have proven v higher league opposition.

Personally i think we should have beaten Aldergrove ourselves and saw it as no surprise that Dunloy beat them as they on their day are as dangerous as any side.

The intermediate has been a good championship this season and and the split in leagues has intensified the bottom half of the Division 2 with all games having meaning and less likely dead rubbers. Every game since the split has been like championship must win for some.

Hope for a good footballing final devoid of negativity and good luck to both

Do you think?

From looking at results it seems to me that from before the split Randalstown, Moneyglass and Sarsfields had packed it in. Moneyglass then had to get up to secure their status the other night when pressure came along and you will see the same from Randalstown tonight meaning all is settled before the last round of fixtures.

And throw in that the split games were mostly over the summer months when teams are traditionally decimated by holidays I am failing to see Championship approach.

Dreen

None of the 3 teams you mentioned gave anything away lightly and if any team would leave winning to secure status till their penultimate game then it would be folly.
Did you see any of the games yourself?

Hectic

Quote from: Dreen on September 09, 2016, 04:56:05 PM
None of the 3 teams you mentioned gave anything away lightly and if any team would leave winning to secure status till their penultimate game then it would be folly.
Did you see any of the games yourself?

I think a couple of those teams were more or less safe until Dunloy and Rasharkin rallied.

Dreen

There was no team safe until this week and when Moneyglass were 8 down to Dunloy at HT i'm sure they didn't see themselves as more or less safe.

All sorted now after Randalstown win last night and hopefully no restructuring of the leagues in the winter

Sportacus

Fair play to Aghagallon.  They were Royally screwed by the old County clique when they got demoted to Division 3, and the South West banned their underage teams from home games a couple of seasons back in a completely unreasonable application of the providing club referees rule - created a lot of bad feeling as to how they were being treated.  But they've put the head down and are one game away from a league and championship double.   

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sportacus on September 10, 2016, 11:53:14 AM
Fair play to Aghagallon.  They were Royally screwed by the old County clique when they got demoted to Division 3, and the South West banned their underage teams from home games a couple of seasons back in a completely unreasonable application of the providing club referees rule - created a lot of bad feeling as to how they were being treated.  But they've put the head down and are one game away from a league and championship double.

Nothing wrong with the rule!! Don't have a referee then you must play away from home !! Been about years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

Nothing wrong with most rules if they are applied consistently.  I'd like to see the long list of clubs who had to play away from home because they didn't provide a ref, or maybe the referee shortage is a myth and no one else has broke the rule.

Pocs pints and the gaa

Aghagallon shouldn't even be in the Antrim league! Armagh scumbags

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sportacus on September 10, 2016, 04:30:57 PM
Nothing wrong with most rules if they are applied consistently.  I'd like to see the long list of clubs who had to play away from home because they didn't provide a ref, or maybe the referee shortage is a myth and no one else has broke the rule.
That information I'm sure is available
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea