Sky+

Started by balladmaker, July 02, 2009, 12:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the waffler

First you need to turn on the RF output then you should receive sky after tuning in the other TVs,as for the magic eyes the connections need to be perfect to get the signal also the splitter must be compatible to allow the return signal if it is an older splitter it will need changed.Free advice what am i doing :) :) :) :) :)

Shrek

as main street said, start with getting a signal.

make sure the RF2 output is turned on.
find out what number your sky is set up to.
tune 2nd TV into that number.

David McKeown

Thanks for the help but unfortunately problems persist.  The rf 2 output is on on the sky box and I have tried it on different  channels but when I tune in the second tv, it does not pick up any picture.  Unfortunately I have already wall mounted the second tv so Im not really in a position to bring it into the living room and connect it directly so I think I will have to go and grab a small tv from somewhere and try from there.

In relation to the Magic Eye I was trying to use it as a way to detect a signal and fault but it seems thats not possible.

Quote from: Shrek on September 23, 2009, 12:34:40 PM

also what does he mean by "appears to be no wiring available for the internal connectors"

Thats in relation to the phones the engineer says that whilst there are a number of internal face plates for phones there seems to be no wiring attached to them to allow them to be connected to the main socket within the house.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

David McKeown

Having had a titer of wit I decided to try the rf2 port with the tv that was in the living room and it works so im inclined to believe that the problem is between the plate and the distribution box or the box and the second tv

David McKeown

Having done a little more testing I have narrowed the problem down to one of two things.  The problem is with either the cable going to the return port on the aerial plate or else with the cables going from plate through the walls to the distribution/splitter box.  When i plug the lead going into the splitter box into a tv I still cant tune in a sky channel.

Thanks for the help

Gaffer

Anyone any ideas?

I had sky 2 magic eyes working perfectly well i my house when suddenly one of them decides not to turn over sky channels anymore. It will still change over from Sky to terrestial TV but within Sky itself , it wont. 
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Gaffer

Finally solved this problem if anyone s interested.

The new nickle blackariel plate I put on was what is called "isolated" If you want a magic eye to work you make sure that your ariel plate is "not isolated" The ordinary white plates seem to be the proper oes to use.

Maybe your ariel plate is "isolated", David, therefore not working for you.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

aontroim

Tried to Sky+ all the GAA on RTE this weekend and everything failed - on playback the message comes up Recording Interrupted please wait and then the picture reverts to a frozen screen of what the current sky channel is showing.

Anyone else experience this?  All other programs record and playback as they should.

tyrone girl

Yep there was some issue over this i think round the time of the ireland matches on RTE as well or some other match - we tried to put them on sky plus and when went to watch it was same thing. Something over the rights to show or record - cant remember the right way of it.

aontroim

Strange though that i've been able to sky+ some of the earlier games in the championship as well as the sunday game - even that had a problem last night.

tyrone girl

I honestly dont know what the craic is - i just remember earlier in the year there was some match on - think it was ireland match - that we tried to record and it wouldnt work. Someone else may know more - cos i think there may have been info on it on some thread here somewhere.

ziggysego

International soccer and GAA games would be different tyrone girl. RTE don't have the rights to show soccer matches up in the north. To my knowledge, no such rights belong with GAA matches on the island of Ireland.
Testing Accessibility

Catch the high ball

This isn't about Sky+ but nonetheless it is about Sky Tv.

I have the basic Sky package (£21 a month) in the living room, if I want to hook that up to the bedroom upstairs, how much extra will it cost and will I have to get another Sky box. (I want the basic package upstairs as well)

Thanks
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

tyrone girl

U can buy one of them eye things that connects your main sky box to another one. Downside of that is of course u have to watch watever the person controlling the other box wants to watch. You can get multiroom for 9.95 a month which is another sky box in your bedroom.

Catch the high ball

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 15, 2010, 07:37:53 PM
U can buy one of them eye things that connects your main sky box to another one. Downside of that is of course u have to watch watever the person controlling the other box wants to watch. You can get multiroom for 9.95 a month which is another sky box in your bedroom.

Cheers TG, what are these eye things, haven't heard of them.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010