UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Of course Rte is on HD except for those giving money to Sky.

BBC have no excuse.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

I'm watching BBC non-HD, as I can't be doing listening to Ger Canning. Even though it's RTE HD.

imtommygunn

I don't think sd is the same quality it used to be though. I think it is more compressed. (I haven't read that but was told that). I would believe it as i thought hurling tough to watch in sd.

RedHand88

Ulster final a tough watch in SD.

Feckitt

I happened to see the Final Score from NI programme on Saturday.  It's a great little show if you're interested in NI soccer.  All NI premiership games were covered with decent highlights and a few post match interviews with players and managers. 

My question is, why when the National league is starting next week will the BBC not do the same for the GAA?  I would be fairly confident that the Armagh v Tyrone game on Saturday would have had a larger attendance than the entire NI league programme combined.
The BBC were able to send a full camera team to cover Institute v Warrenpoint were there were less than 200 fans in attendance.
I don't begrudge NI soccer their coverage, but why not treat the GAA with the same respect?

Feckitt

SF bringing the #fairplayforulstergaels campaign to BBC &RTE

RedHand88

Quote from: Feckitt on February 02, 2019, 01:32:26 PM

Isn't this a tv rights thing? As in BBC can't show anymore than what they do??

RedHand88

Quote from: Feckitt on January 21, 2019, 09:25:53 AM
I happened to see the Final Score from NI programme on Saturday.  It's a great little show if you're interested in NI soccer.  All NI premiership games were covered with decent highlights and a few post match interviews with players and managers. 

My question is, why when the National league is starting next week will the BBC not do the same for the GAA?  I would be fairly confident that the Armagh v Tyrone game on Saturday would have had a larger attendance than the entire NI league programme combined.
The BBC were able to send a full camera team to cover Institute v Warrenpoint were there were less than 200 fans in attendance.
I don't begrudge NI soccer their coverage, but why not treat the GAA with the same respect?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fjEkjeVzL34

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 02, 2019, 03:35:55 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on February 02, 2019, 01:32:26 PM

Isn't this a tv rights thing? As in BBC can't show anymore than what they do??

They could pay more money for the rights!
But, you have a good point, the GAA should encourage a wider coverage of games and not always be charging a massive amount to do so.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnnycool

Bring on de Hurling,

Yay;

THE SUNDAY GAME LIVE SCHEDULE 2019:

12 May

MSHC  Waterford v Clare

MSHC Cork  v Tipperary

19 May

MSHC  Tipperary v Waterford

MSHC  Limerick v Cork

26 May

LSHC  Galway v Wexford

2 June

MSHC  Waterford v Limerick

MSHC  Clare v Tipperary

8 June

USFC Fermanagh/Donegal v Antrim/Tyrone/Derry

9 June

LSHC  Kilkenny v Galway

MSHC  Limerick v Clare

16 June

MSHC  Clare v Cork or Tipperary v Limerick

CSFC Connacht SFC Final

22 June

MSFC Munster Football Final

23 June

USFC Ulster Football Final

LSFC  Leinster Football Final

30 June

MSHC  Munster Hurling Final

LSHC  Leinster Hurling Final

Aaron Boone

Time to sell the hurling & football as separate packages. For any gaelic football fan, the first 6 weeks of that schedule is a disgrace.

dec

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 30, 2019, 03:13:03 PM
Time to sell the hurling & football as separate packages. For any gaelic football fan, the first 6 weeks of that schedule is a disgrace.

It does seem like a strange lineup. I would have thought the best option would be to arrange for 1 hurling, 1 football game each week if possible.

oakleaf93

Between sky and RTE I make that 14 provincial (not including finals) hurling games live to 3 football.

Unlaoised

Quote from: oakleaf93 on April 30, 2019, 03:23:11 PM
Between sky and RTE I make that 14 provincial (not including finals) hurling games live to 3 football.

Stinks to the high heavens ...Yes I like both but football is getting over looked...

Cavan v Monaghan would be a good match as would Down v Armagh ...

Love to see the Dubs first game too
LAOIS ABÚ

Boycey

The way the different codes are structured now this is always going happen? A lot of hurling early on with the two round robin provincial championships followed by a lot of football with back door games followed by the super 8s