Connacht senior,intermediate,junior club football championships 2013

Started by ross4life, September 10, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bojangles

Duffy is only compounding a disgraceful performance that Brigids had the decency to accept and get on with. If it was a different club there would have been ructions after his handling of the Connacht final. Any neutral review of that match-refereeing could only conclude the guy is out of his depth. This further citing following his report confirms it.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bojangles on December 05, 2013, 09:20:52 AM
Duffy is only compounding a disgraceful performance that Brigids had the decency to accept and get on with. If it was a different club there would have been ructions after his handling of the Connacht final. Any neutral review of that match-refereeing could only conclude the guy is out of his depth. This further citing following his report confirms it.

In fairness if Dolan interfered with the fourth official as alleged then he has to accept his punishment. I'm not saying he did but if he did then what choice does the ref have. Just because the ref has a bad game that doesn't give players or selectors carte blanche to get their own form of justice. 

Sometimes you just have to take it on the chin when you do something wrong and move on.

Rossfan

Unfortunately there are 2 standards of rules  in Connacht
one for Mayowestros and
one for everyone else but to be applied especially to any Ros teams getting above what's seen as their "station" e.g Brids winning an All Ireland.
Firstly you stop them from playing at home in their own County standard ground because some Corofin "fans" got thick with a ref, then you ensure that their opponents' players don't be suspended for the final, then the ref gives a makey up free instead of the line ball that the other 4,000 plus saw and then if any of the Ros bucks steps out of line in any way you throw bell, book and candle at them.
That way they'll stick to their "second class" place in future and not be taking the glory that rightfully belongs to their "betters".
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Bojangles

Accept your point crossbar but surely context has some bearing on events though. The background to this was a substandard refereering display which directly led to a All-Ireland winning team being evicted from the competition, months of training down the drain and the probable retirement of some quality players.  If the suspensions stand, I'm sure they will be accepted and we'll move on. Bitter taste left though, and Duffy will have lost any vestiges of respect from Roscommon.

whitey

Well given that he should have been red carded for the elbow to Alan Feeney's head, I dont think he can have too many complaits.

Something must have happened prior to the line ball, as the Mitchells players didnt hesitate for one second in taking it. Marty pointed to his foot, which I took to indicate that there had been a foul against the Mitchels lad prior to the ball going out.  Were in the stoppage time of stoppage time so I assume Marty allowed him to just play the ball from the sideline rather than from where the infraction ocurred.

Regarding the amount of time added, with all of Cakes b0llok acting throwing the ball away, I dont think Brigids were going to get the benefit of any deisions there

Syferus

You're so far out there that you're nearer the International Space Station than Earth, Whitey.

Anyone trying to defend what happened in the Connacht final has balls of steel and an incredible contrary streak.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Rossfan on December 05, 2013, 11:10:21 AM
Unfortunately there are 2 standards of rules  in Connacht
one for Mayowestros and
one for everyone else but to be applied especially to any Ros teams getting above what's seen as their "station" e.g Brids winning an All Ireland.
Firstly you stop them from playing at home in their own County standard ground because some Corofin "fans" got thick with a ref, then you ensure that their opponents' players don't be suspended for the final, then the ref gives a makey up free instead of the line ball that the other 4,000 plus saw and then if any of the Ros bucks steps out of line in any way you throw bell, book and candle at them.
That way they'll stick to their "second class" place in future and not be taking the glory that rightfully belongs to their "betters".
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Proper order too  ;D ;D ;D ;D.

armaghniac

QuoteThat way they'll stick to their "second class" place in future and not be taking the glory that rightfully belongs to their "betters".

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ross4life

Quote from: whitey on December 05, 2013, 12:46:55 PM
Something must have happened prior to the line ball, as the Mitchells players didnt hesitate for one second in taking it. Marty pointed to his foot, which I took to indicate that there had been a foul against the Mitchels lad prior to the ball going out.  Were in the stoppage time of stoppage time so I assume Marty allowed him to just play the ball from the sideline rather than from where the infraction ocurred.

Duffy overruled the line ball claiming the ball came off Senan Kilbrides foot even though it came off the knees of Tom Cunniffe.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Canalman

In all fairness I seem to remember St Brigids getting a very marginal call in their favour on the sideline under the Hogan Stand last St Patrick's Day which led to their winning point.

An old cliché I know but these decisions even themselves out.

Rossfan

Nothing marginal about Duffy's call.
But as it ensured the CC got the "right" result sure that's alright then. >:(

Syferus

Quote from: Canalman on December 05, 2013, 04:52:19 PM
In all fairness I seem to remember St Brigids getting a very marginal call in their favour on the sideline under the Hogan Stand last St Patrick's Day which led to their winning point.

An old cliché I know but these decisions even themselves out.

If you are really trying to compare the AI final to the Connacht final and saying things even out I have to wonder what AI and Connacht finals you watched, Canalman. Ballymun certainly weren't jobbed in the AI final, Brigids didn't even get a single score-able free all game ffs.

Marty Duffy is infamous in Connacht and he had his Sludden moment at the Hyde in this game, absolutely ruining a game with all the makings of a classic. Time to put him out to pasture.

I just hope Frankie and Brigids keeps fighting and doesn't allow this buckeen have the last word on the career of one of the most talented players in the country. Even a 26-week ban would allow Frankie to be back around in plenty of time for the start of the real club season. I'd imagine Frankie is probably more determined to be back next season because of the utter mess in the Connacht final.

Tubberman

Quote from: Rossfan on December 05, 2013, 05:31:35 PM

Go away and shite with your conspiracy theories, and give mitchels their dues.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Tubberman on December 05, 2013, 06:41:52 PM

I watched the deferred coverage and in fairness it wasn't a marginal call, looked like the referee played for the draw. What was the Brigids number six sent off for in extra time?

Rossfan

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 05, 2013, 07:02:50 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on December 05, 2013, 06:41:52 PM

I watched the deferred coverage and in fairness it wasn't a marginal call, looked like the referee played for the draw. What was the Brigids number six sent off for in extra time?
Probably for complaining at Duffy's ignoring of two blatant penalties for Brids.