Should Crozier remain in charge for another term?

Started by Oak Leafer, August 24, 2007, 01:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaf stateside

i want an ulster title next year. there is alot of football in this derry team so i think crozier cant get it all out of them let someone eles try
Dont Do It

Rav67

I watched the Dublin game again after I got home and how McGuckin wasnt taken off was a complete joke, he's a class player but was way off the pace and had been carded and ticked.  Also he shouldnt have changed the shape and went for 3 all in on top of the goal second half, the lack of space inside cost Derry.  Crozier is tactically incompetent and he cant read the game at all.  The correct team was stumbled across by accident.  Murmurings from players would seem that none of them respect him or think he's up to the job at all.  Derry need to change managers as they do have the players to win an AI in the next 3 years if a really good manager was brought in.

Real Talk

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 24, 2007, 07:03:10 PM
I can offer up an opinion on who gets the county managers job, as they should NOT be some novice intercounty manager, Derry needs a man with intercounty managerial experience.
eg Cassidy has not covered himself in glory with cavan , and until he proves himself in the intercounty managerial stakes, he is obv unproven and not what we need right now with such a panel of great talent (glad to see you have at last realised this BTQ)

I thinnk the Derry situated is unique in that the Club culture is VERY strong .... therfore as I have said many times before we need a Derry man from a big club who understands the problem.   Cassidy with his previous experience with Derry and his knowledge and success with an 'unusually average talented' Bellaghy makes him the best option for us. His proffesional  panel preparation is (according to players who worked with him) is outstanding.   Now he may not be a 'gentleman' but more importantly he 'instills a winning ethos'.  As far as Cavan is concerned he was not the actual manager and he had very few quality players ... what quality he had was too old or injured ...FACT.  What did the much aclaimed Grimley achieve with them in a similar role this year? There is not a 'bank' of quality managers in Ireland with intercounty experence.  So Lynchbhoy you and I are quite rightly not Crozier fans for the same reasons as Max. 

I will reirerate 'the County Board' are the problem and I really thought S McCloy was much more ambitious for his county but it seem to be a 'done deal'  amd it's a waste of time even discussing it !!!!!

orangeman

Who else wants the job ? Would Paddy Bradley's father do it ? I hear he's a good manager and would have the full backing of his sons which Crozier didn't seem to have.

Jimbobjnr

southderryman

Quote from: orangeman on August 25, 2007, 10:30:44 AM
Who else wants the job ? Would Paddy Bradley's father do it ? I hear he's a good manager and would have the full backing of his sons which Crozier didn't seem to have.

are ye having a laugh?

it took long enought to get rid of the paddy and eoin show! if baker was in charge we would only have 2 players in the panel. and maybe dear nephew codrad.

Rav67

orangeman

Would Baker not have the universal backing of the panel - at least the sons would be there all the time and wouldn't huff cos they were taken off ( even though it sounds like they would not be taken off with him in charge ) - would this not be a good idea for the long term future ?