Sam Maguire Group 3 - Dublin, Sligo, Roscommon, Kildare

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 23, 2023, 08:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAABoardMod5

May 21st   Sligo v Kildare, Markievicz Park, 2.30pm
May 28th   Dublin vs Roscommon, Croke Park, 4pm

Jun 3rd   Kildare v Dublin, UPMC Nowlan Park, Kilkenny, 5pm (GAAGO)
June 4th   Roscommon vs Sligo, Dr Hyde Park, 3pm (GAAGO)

June 17/18   Dublin v Sligo, TBD
June 17/18   Roscommon v Kildare, TBD

giveballaghback

Well here we go, a nice handy starter for Ros after our warm up games against Galway and the Rhubarbs.
General opinion from neutral people I have spoken to over the last week is that Ros will do well to get out of Croker with a single digit beating. We would hope it would be closer than that and we might give the dubs cage a good rattle. Time will tell.

Rossfan

Sure we're being teetotally written off or ignored.
If we do half as well as the Rhus after our rest we won't be far away.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

I think this Ros team is different so I expect them to feature with distinction in the quarter finals
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

statto

I would expect the Rossies to give this a real rattle.  Played in higher division all year beat Mayo in championship who subsequently hammered kerry and ran Galway close after Mayo game.  Think they need a performance in croker for their own belief.  They certainly have the men up front to get after Dublin and cause them bother. 

Rossfan

Those men up front spend a lot of time shoring up the defence.
As a result we only got 10 scores v Mayowestros and Galway.
We'll need more than that to win unless we end up with 5-5.

westbound

Quote from: Rossfan on May 25, 2023, 10:12:21 AM
Those men up front spend a lot of time shoring up the defence.
As a result we only got 10 scores v Mayowestros and Galway.
We'll need more than that to win unless we end up with 5-5.
5-5 might not even be enough for us if Dublin have their shooting boots on!!!!!!

I expect us to approach this game in a similar way to kildare played Dublin. But I think we are about 2 points better than Kildare, so therefore we'll draw on Sunday! That's how it works right?  ;) :P

larryin89

Dublin v Ros is a very interesting game , are Dublin justified favs to win Sam or have Roscommon finally arrived in the big league ? Personally I wouldn't touch this game from a betting perspective as I don't have a clue how it will go , I wouldn't be shocked if Ros won nor would I be shocked if Dublin won by 8 or 9 points plus .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Ros team announcement
Carroll
Hussey Stack Murray
NDaly McCormack Ruane
C Lennon Doyle
CiarĂ¡in Enda McKeon
O'Carroll Donie Diarmuid.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

This group hasn't exactly told us much so far.
I would still expect the Dubs to win their other games and score more than the Rossies in doing that.
Still, that might not work out and the Dubs might end up in a preliminary quarter also, and they might meet a team there not much less capable than the Rossies. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Scarlet

I've a bad feeling we might take on the Dubs again and get a hammering...that game will blow off a few cobwebs.
Don't see Kildare causing the Rossies too much bother either.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Hound

Dubs look sure to be without Kilkenny and Byrne, and probably McCarthy too. Jack and Murchan both have hamstring problems, neither were togged yesterday, so probably not going to be ready next week. But maybe some changes will liven things up.

Costello was top drawer yesterday.  Being dropped recently seems to have given him the jolt required. Con doing reasonably well. Mannion has been disappointing, not got to the pace of intercounty yet. Bugler playing very well, but Fenton and Howard both miles below their usual standard.

A lot will depend on what Kildare shows up. Hope they get the pick of the dressing rooms and control over music played on the tannoy. Ryan knows how much an advantage that is!

mup

Quote from: Hound on May 29, 2023, 09:19:36 AM
Dubs look sure to be without Kilkenny and Byrne, and probably McCarthy too. Jack and Murchan both have hamstring problems, neither were togged yesterday, so probably not going to be ready next week. But maybe some changes will liven things up.

Costello was top drawer yesterday.  Being dropped recently seems to have given him the jolt required. Con doing reasonably well. Mannion has been disappointing, not got to the pace of intercounty yet. Bugler playing very well, but Fenton and Howard both miles below their usual standard.

A lot will depend on what Kildare shows up. Hope they get the pick of the dressing rooms and control over music played on the tannoy. Ryan knows how much an advantage that is!

The Kilkenny GAA couldn't afford a tannoy system because the GAA had to pay for yet another GDA for Dublin. The GAA can't be having them only drawing with Roscommon.

Hound

Quote from: mup on May 29, 2023, 09:51:53 AM
Quote from: Hound on May 29, 2023, 09:19:36 AM

The Kilkenny GAA couldn't afford a tannoy system because the GAA had to pay for yet another GDA for Dublin. The GAA can't be having them only drawing with Roscommon.
You should at least post the odd comment about Kildare, even if totally fake. Just to pretend like.

I guess your knowledge is zero. Explain how the games development officer funding works - who are they? What's their average age? Who do they train? What do the clubs contribute?
You do know that there's not an iota of a chance that any of the Dublin players were trained by these partially funded development officers for a competitive game.

What's more crucial to the success of the Dubs compared to the perennial underachievement of the Lilies? - development officers who don't train the players, choice of identical dressing room, or music over the tannoy? These are the key questions that need answered.

There's going to be fantastic scenes when Kildare finally get one over the Dubs. A pity they let Davy Burke go, but still, it's there for them this time.