Leinster SFC 2023

Started by thejuice, April 10, 2023, 01:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

The most interesting aspect of this competition annually is in seeing which team can benefit from being in the right half of the draw in order to qualify for the right to receive a drubbing by Dublin in the final.

thejuice

Quote from: trailer on April 14, 2023, 12:34:19 PM
Fair play to the Leinster council. Their commitment to running this sham competition is unrivalled anywhere in modern day sport.

Apart from maybe the SFA and their "Premier League"

Sure what else are they going to do?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

joemamas

Quote from: yellowcard on April 14, 2023, 12:55:04 PM
The most interesting aspect of this competition annually is in seeing which team can benefit from being in the right half of the draw in order to qualify for the right to receive a drubbing by Dublin in the final.

Pthetic but so true, but as the they say don't let the facts get in the way of ....................

There must have been some gobshites running the various county boards and the leinster council for the past 10-15 years

Gael85

thejuice

Serious questions need to asked if the current Meath management. I'm not sure I have the patience for 2 years of trying to figure things out. We need someone who can make us better straight away. I don't believe there is anyone in the county that can do it. Should have looked outside the county but we gave it to a lad who is well past it in terms of football know how. It should have been obvious to anyone listening to him on the Sunday Game that he didn't understand modern football. The Cork game glossed over some big problems that were there.

If we can't even put it up to Offaly then I don't see us doing a whole lot in the Tailteann Cup sadly. Once we're out of that I can see us looking for a new manager.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

The Meath result was shocking. Meath have been mediocre for a long time but this is a new low.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: seafoid on April 23, 2023, 07:37:08 PM
The Meath result was shocking. Meath have been mediocre for a long time but this is a new low.

The new low was a few years ago when we beat them. This is not lower than that. Offaly always have a touch of class.

Problem for Meath now is that they don't have Andy McEntee to blame the ref, the linesman, the woman who makes the tay, Lee Harvey Oswald, or the end of the Ice Age for the defeat.

FermGael

Quote from: thejuice on April 23, 2023, 07:07:03 PM
Serious questions need to asked if the current Meath management. I'm not sure I have the patience for 2 years of trying to figure things out. We need someone who can make us better straight away. I don't believe there is anyone in the county that can do it. Should have looked outside the county but we gave it to a lad who is well past it in terms of football know how. It should have been obvious to anyone listening to him on the Sunday Game that he didn't understand modern football. The Cork game glossed over some big problems that were there.

If we can't even put it up to Offaly then I don't see us doing a whole lot in the Tailteann Cup sadly. Once we're out of that I can see us looking for a new manager.

Now favourites for the Tailteann cup according to rte radio today
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Captain Scarlet

Kildare have no clear plan or style of play.
I mean we have no structure at all, but Meath were shocking that day.
They won't win Tailteann. In the meantime I'll grin and bear a hammering next Sunday.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

thejuice

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 23, 2023, 08:24:44 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 23, 2023, 07:37:08 PM

The new low was a few years ago when we beat them. This is not lower than that. Offaly always have a touch of class.

Problem for Meath now is that they don't have Andy McEntee to blame the ref, the linesman, the woman who makes the tay, Lee Harvey Oswald, or the end of the Ice Age for the defeat.

At least with Andy you felt we were building towards something and we just needed someone who could find that extra level that Andy wasn't able to manage. However it's like it's all gone out the window and we're in a complete tailspin. Lads playing most league games like Scully and Moriarty get dropped for the championship. Jones on the bench due to hamstring concerns but can come on a kick two points makes you wonder.

seafoid

Meath wouldn't be in this position if the GAA hadn't decided to put funding the game in before the competitiveness of the Leinster football championship.
You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs and that 6 in a row broke Meath and Kildare
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Not going to be a nice end for O'Rourke. He's well out of his dept.

Mickey Harte has Louth motoring and showing how good a couch he is.

pbat

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 23, 2023, 10:04:59 PM
Not going to be a nice end for O'Rourke. He's well out of his dept.

Mickey Harte has Louth motoring and showing how good a couch he is.

He's a great sofa all together, DFS should be trying to get him.

thejuice

Quote from: seafoid on April 23, 2023, 10:02:07 PM
Meath wouldn't be in this position if the GAA hadn't decided to put funding the game in before the competitiveness of the Leinster football championship.
You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs and that 6 in a row broke Meath and Kildare

Still not a reason why we can't compete with everyone else in the chasing pack. How are we not as good as Galway, Roscommon, Monaghan, Derry etc. we should be well up there with the rest. Irish rugby team used to get trounced by everyone but with right people behind it it's turned around. No reason why we can't do the same. Need to have the best coaches, best managers, best S&C and make sure we're the fittest team in Ireland. That should be where were at now. That's not dependent on individual talent. We have enough people and resources involved to get all the above in order but instead we are back to square one.

screenexile

That was a seriously impressive second half from Louth!