Tailteann Cup 2023

Started by Laoiseabu, May 01, 2023, 02:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

The final should be probably the Saturday before all Ireland.

Spiritof86

Cavan (away)  May 13/14
Offaly (home)  May 20/21
London (neutral) June 3/4

Gmac

Last championship game I was at was 2019 v Offaly when Laois handled them easy in o Moore park be interesting to see how this game goes

Spiritof86

We might give them a rattle but can't see us troubling them that much. They are well advanced compared to us .

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Cavan away will be tough, we could put it up to Offaly and London should be beatable. Wonder where the London game will be??
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

Toughest draw we could have got .
Best top seeds and best 2nd seeds .

We will need to keep the scores down and hope a healty win v London might scrape us through
LAOIS ABÚ

Spiritof86

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on May 02, 2023, 11:58:11 PM
Cavan away will be tough, we could put it up to Offaly and London should be beatable. Wonder where the London game will be??

Parnell Park or Navan apparently.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Unlaoised on May 03, 2023, 08:59:42 AM
Toughest draw we could have got .
Best top seeds and best 2nd seeds .

We will need to keep the scores down and hope a healty win v London might scrape us through

Offaly are nothing special but they are still ahead of us . I hear Jordan Hayes has rejoined their panel for the Tailteann cup which is a huge boost to their midfield .

Laois Rising

Could Donie Kingston be asked back in for Tailteann Cup and given one last hurrah in a Laois jersey. Granted he's not going to be peak Donie but with three round robin games and a few weeks hard training he surely get himself into reasonable condition to do some sort of job in full forward. We probably could afford to lose two of our round robin games and still beat London by enough of a margin to squeek into the preliminary quarter final. It would also allow Evan to be moved further out the field where his size and physicality are sorely needed.   

Smellyball

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on May 02, 2023, 11:58:11 PM
The Isle of man would be best suited geographically.

Chrimtain

Last year, Sheehan took advantage of the TC to introduce some under 20s to his team. Although Laois lost to Westmeath in the opening round, those young guys didn't do at all badly. I hope he does so again this year.

Helix.

Quote from: Chrimtain on May 09, 2023, 09:59:32 AM
Last year, Sheehan took advantage of the TC to introduce some under 20s to his team. Although Laois lost to Westmeath in the opening round, those young guys didn't do at all badly. I hope he does so again this year.

Some 20s brought into panel after exiting championship. Will be interesting alright wherher theyre blooded. I believe the seniors played Wexford in a challenge match last week when minors were playing. Didn't hear the result. Hopefully give a good account of themselves in the TC.

Spiritof86

Same 15 as normal . No u20s on the panel . Thought 1 or 2 may have made the panel Saturday. Heard a few are heading Stateside for the summer .

Gmac

I have a bad feeling about this hope I'm wrong.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Gmac on May 11, 2023, 10:51:19 PM
I have a bad feeling about this hope I'm wrong.

A bad feeling about which ? This Cavan game ? Or the Tailteann cup itself ?