Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaoisHeart

what quigley done was wrong and everyone is against him and wants him to miss the final but on the other hand when he puts on the county jersey we all support him.  strange how the game works.  quigley will be missed but with the o'connors, foyles and martin bergin they might cause a small bit of a surprise.

Laoiseabu

Rebelred

Nothing yet but in reply to everyone against him I doubt thats the case I'd imagine the lads in o dempseys would rather compete against the strongest 15 available. People are against the under handed Ness of county board corruption where a normal lad who has trained all year would have no hope to get a decision of that severity over turned but because you play county there is a possibility.

LaoisHeart

i agree totally that he should miss the final but my point is that we should not be out to condem him, i have never played competitive football but some people just see a mist of red becasue they are so involved and caught up in it (Roy Keane for Example), Brendan has given alot for laois football and we should appreciate that and not condem him and let county board do that within the rules of the game.

Laoiseabu

Hearing rumours that quigley will be playing can anyone confirm this ?

Rebelred

I've heard the same rumours myself. If it's the case the ccc will loose any standards they have.if timahoe do win it will be an empty victory. This could be just the thing to put the fire into the o dempseys. Crooked as it goes different rules for county players.

clonadmad

Rebelred

Well that's a disgrace great for neutrals but it really asks questions of the laois ccc it's a reflection on the laois gaa board as a whole really.

Joeythelips

Any club would try and get their best player off the hook, it does sound a bit odd if video evidence was used and it still showed him striking someone else. Either way its hard to see them beating O'Dempseys.

LaoisHeart

Surely if video was used he must have been in the clear. I was at the game and the opposing supporters should also be brought up for aggravating the situation even further

Rebelred

2 wrongs don't make a right..it's pretty obvious what happened a dodgy decesion which undermines a clear red card (I was also there) feel bad for brendan mccann who was the ref on the night and made the right calls. Spoke to a few refs today and they feel its a farcical situation. Good to know the frank murphy virus isnt just in Cork

SpeculativeEffort

And we wonder why 99% of Laois supporters have no faith in the county board to make fair decisions and lead the county out of the hole we are in.

Brian Cody always rates honesty top of his list of credentials for success and he looks for in in Co. board, his management team and his players (all stakeholders). Our top officials don't even ask it of themselves so how can they demand it of others.
Maybe its one of the reasons why we have no success. Standards are just so low. If this was any ordinary club player he wouldn't have a prayer.

From the Terrace

I would have been more surprised if decision was upheld and he missed final, it means o dempseys wins by 10 instead of 15 pts. I honestly thought id never shout for dempseys but i will now.