Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BerfArmagh

Bit of an annihilation today, The nab were just completely out of their depth. A great achievement reaching the final, but they were lambs to the slaughter, cross were very clinical, should be a good game against the Galls.... Well done to the harps minors

illdecide

Very impressed with Cross today...just when u think Cross are labouring along and are there for the taking they just wipe the floor with you. Whats bred into them lads from they're no age at all is impressive, the winning mentality and the right attitude is what wins them men the titles they've won. Grugan and McParland never got a sniff today as they had men hanging out of them and were not allowed the freedom and space they have been getting in the previous rounds, McKenna and Hanratty in the middle lorded it and when Cross got a chance they took it...i feel a bit for the Nab guys as the shoe was on the other foot not that long ago and it's not a nice feeling, that defeat will either galvanise them and make them even more hungry to come back next year and prove that they're not that bad or they will crumble and fall away???

Milltown you're barking up the wrong tree if u think that crying to BCB will work and that the Cross men will heed your tactic's of writing of St Galls ;) :D. Should be a good game...looking forward to that and hopefully the City men will get a we taste of what Cross dished out today :o
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on October 16, 2011, 09:59:59 PM
Very impressed with Cross today...just when u think Cross are labouring along and are there for the taking they just wipe the floor with you. Whats bred into them lads from they're no age at all is impressive, the winning mentality and the right attitude is what wins them men the titles they've won. Grugan and McParland never got a sniff today as they had men hanging out of them and were not allowed the freedom and space they have been getting in the previous rounds, McKenna and Hanratty in the middle lorded it and when Cross got a chance they took it...i feel a bit for the Nab guys as the shoe was on the other foot not that long ago and it's not a nice feeling, that defeat will either galvanise them and make them even more hungry to come back next year and prove that they're not that bad or they will crumble and fall away???

Milltown you're barking up the wrong tree if u think that crying to BCB will work and that the Cross men will heed your tactic's of writing of St Galls ;) :D. Should be a good game...looking forward to that and hopefully the City men will get a we taste of what Cross dished out today :o

Look Cross have won so much and are current All Ireland Champions, they are a great team, no crying from me at all. We haven't beat them and after last year I'd say we are still way behind them.

We only managed to beat Lamhs by 3 in the county final so again I'm not trying to blow smoke up BCB arse. Do you think it will be a big surprise if Cross win?

Besides nothing is won on a discussion board FFS ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

Milltown i'm only winding u up FFS...take a chill pill

AFS

Very sorry display from Ballymacnab. Outside of their outstanding keeper, they hadn't a single player that showed up on the day. A real pity for a club that evidently put in a lot of work around the place in preparation for the day.

Not that it would have made a blind bit of difference to the result, but if the Nab had've been set up a bit cuter they could've kept the score down a bit. They should've crowded the middle and their defence playing into that breeze in the first half. Instead they naively went man to man in defence and left their best players scratching their holes while the game was played up the other end of the pitch. Cross were out of sight before the Nab players had time to catch a breath.

Cross won their four championship games this year by an average of 16 points. I hope they win the AI to mollify that pretty depressing statistic at least a bit.

illdecide

I thought the only 2 Nab players that came out of the game with a we bit of pride was the goalie and their no 7 (baldy guy "Beagen" i think his name)

Throw ball

Quote from: AFS on October 17, 2011, 12:16:03 AM

Cross won their four championship games this year by an average of 16 points. I hope they win the AI to mollify that pretty depressing statistic at least a bit.

Lovely word!

It should also be added that Pearse Ogs - who they beat by five - are the only real challengers they met. If Pearse Ogs or Cullyhanna had met any of the other three they probably have won easy also. I would also suggest that the Intermediate champions would have beat them as well!

Throw ball

Quote from: illdecide on October 17, 2011, 12:46:22 AM
I thought the only 2 Nab players that came out of the game with a we bit of pride was the goalie and their no 7 (baldy guy "Beagen" i think his name)

You could not really judge the forwards as the ball never got up to them! Must say though that with the couple of touches he got Grugan showed he has real class. Let's hope he can prove doubters wrong and grow into a county footballer.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: illdecide on October 17, 2011, 12:46:22 AM

The Harps man and the Keady man ;), ulster minor and macrory cup medals in the hip pocket, two good players, illdecide sure jimmy'its in the back of the net' smyths son will fill you in on Beagens talents im sure.

Well done to the Harps lads, im sad i couldn't make it but from all reports the pogs ran out of steam in the 2nd half and that was probably a given with their exploits this past two weeks.

Will anyone touch this cross team in the next 5 years? A cullyhana man was querying me today why can't the harps make the grade, i couldnt put an argument up, 5 out of 9 minor titles has to provide you with some kind of base. maybe a discussion for another day.

Scarface

Well what a waste of a tenner that was!! Went to game expecting a comfortable enough Cross win but hoping that Ballymacnab would do themselves justice. They didnt. Once Cross got 4 or 5-0 up the writing was totally on the wall and what unfolded next was a horror show for any neutral (which I was). Ballymacnab were totally out of their depth - fair play to them for getting to this stage but the result might hinder them in the long run rather than help. Cross were superior in every department which you might have expected but the difference in physical strength and size was most apparent out on the field. Nab were lambs to the slaughter.

Congratulations to Cross of course for their continued excellence. However this was a sad indictment of our county championship. A totally over matched team being over run leading to no atmosphere or excitement at match at all. It was dead. The fact that Nab had earlier defeated Clanns (one of the most successful teams ever in Armagh football) by 20 odd points and the fact that Cross had defeated Harps (one of the most successful teams ever in Armagh football) by around the same margin in an earlier round shows where our county championship is at.

Fair play to Cross but the rest need to seriously look at themselves.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Maroon1 on October 14, 2011, 11:08:00 AM
Ogshead do i detect a wee bit of jealousy on your behalf there, maybe the fact the the we are in the final and not u,  the fact that the 'wee' country team up the road who u used to beat time and time again at underage level and laugh at are now in fact better than u, would i be right in saying that?

Ok u won a final a few years ago, whoppy do, about time given the pick that u have but unforntunately for u it will be a long time before u win another...so hold onto your memories my good friend, 2009 has been and gone, probably be another 17years plus looking at your curent crop!!;-) ;-)

What memories will you be holding onto from yesterday? You may well need counselling! Anyway given the stick you have dished out it is no wonder you've gone to ground!

Orchardman

I know it has been said about cross having an easy run to win it, but that's not really true. The nab were on the easy side of the draw, though i did think granemore would definately beat, so credit to the nab for that.

On the other hand cullyhana, whitecross, and pearse og battled with each other, and cross defeated the ogs. Don't even mention dromintee, their not contenders any more. Cullyhana looked good last year, but og's took care of them without too much bother. Bad times in the club scene!
Credit to cross though, go on and win ulster lads.

shawshank

Is club football that poor in armagh lads? I can't think of county in Ulster where a team took such a hammering. What is going on with club football in Armagh? Other then Cross of course, why can they produce three teams and others who have tradition produce none?

emainmacha