Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreatest

Quote from: CJ2017 on May 11, 2018, 02:07:08 AM
Anyone know how much the Kerry Group deal is worth to Kerry
doesnt seem to be anything out in the public domain that i can find,
on their website they say the Kerry group donated 1 million euros
towards the centre of excellence. Friends of Kerry 700k.

A lot of talk about Leitrim only getting 20k for the jersey sponsorship.
In light of what Dublin/AIG deal is 800k a year, Mayo appear to be 537k for last year,

Anyone know Kerrys deal or others?

Shush, only Dublin's money matter, nobody else cares about Kerry Group or Leitrim's direct neighbours Mayo.

Expenditure, shush.

The only comparison ignorant people use is Dublin V Leitrim.

Rossfan

Leitrim doesn't border Mayo.
But then again if ye get nearly all ye're matches at home ya wouldn't be too hot on geography  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: TheGreatest on May 11, 2018, 09:59:38 AM

In light of what Dublin/AIG deal is 800k a year, Mayo appear to be 537k for last year,

Shush, only Dublin's money matter, nobody else cares about Kerry Group or Leitrim's direct neighbours Mayo.

Expenditure, shush.

The only comparison ignorant people use is Dublin V Leitrim.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You'd need to dust down your 3rd class national School Atlas and educate yourself.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Rossfan on May 11, 2018, 10:15:20 AM
But then again if ye get nearly all ye're matches at home ya wouldn't be too hot on geography  ;D

Provincial neighbours....  8)

Also good one, never heard that one before.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: TheGreatest on May 11, 2018, 10:21:03 AM

there are two counties between Leitrim and Mayo
it'd be like saying Carlow borders Dublin

Farrandeelin

Quote from: TheGreatest on May 11, 2018, 10:21:03 AM

Same province, not neighbours.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 10, 2018, 06:33:13 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 10, 2018, 02:34:13 PM
Quote from: CJ2017 on May 10, 2018, 02:01:19 PM
On the financial report it says

"Loan Interest McHale Park to Croke Park for 2017 was €164,596 - 2017
for 2016 €169,095"

must be running at circa €12/€15,000 a month perhaps?

"have seen an article saying Mayo make payments of somewhere in the region of €33,000 per month over the next 29 years tho"

Under Schedule 2 it has
Sponsorship €537,445 for 2017

AIG's Dublin is around €800,000 a year.  (5mil over 4 yrs)

Still pretty good for Mayo with the sponsorship if all correct!

Though I have little in the way of financial nous, that looks to be about 3.5% interest on the €5m
And €33k a month sounds about right for a 20year loan on those terms.

Croke Park must regard Mayo to be a low risk investment :)

HQ's bail out has saved them 15,000 euro's a month. They were paying the Ulster Bank 48,000 a month.
True but don't forget that the number of months has increased. The loan was re-structured, which is normal practice for loans of a similar nature and Mayo will still have to pay off every cent that was borrowed.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mup

;D ;D

Now that was embarrassing.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 11, 2018, 11:23:28 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 10, 2018, 06:33:13 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 10, 2018, 02:34:13 PM
Quote from: CJ2017 on May 10, 2018, 02:01:19 PM
On the financial report it says

"Loan Interest McHale Park to Croke Park for 2017 was €164,596 - 2017
for 2016 €169,095"

must be running at circa €12/€15,000 a month perhaps?

"have seen an article saying Mayo make payments of somewhere in the region of €33,000 per month over the next 29 years tho"

Under Schedule 2 it has
Sponsorship €537,445 for 2017

AIG's Dublin is around €800,000 a year.  (5mil over 4 yrs)

Still pretty good for Mayo with the sponsorship if all correct!

Though I have little in the way of financial nous, that looks to be about 3.5% interest on the €5m
And €33k a month sounds about right for a 20year loan on those terms.

Croke Park must regard Mayo to be a low risk investment :)

HQ's bail out has saved them 15,000 euro's a month. They were paying the Ulster Bank 48,000 a month.
True but don't forget that the number of months has increased. The loan was re-structured, which is normal practice for loans of a similar nature and Mayo will still have to pay off every cent that was borrowed.

I see, wasn't aware of that.  It wasn't a dig at Mayo, crazy thinking at the time they could manage repayments of nearly 50,000 a month.

Hound

Quote from: highorlow on May 10, 2018, 11:43:54 AM

QuoteMost clubs across Dublin receive subsidies of around €15,000 to €20,000 towards the employment of club coaches, which in turn help clubs drive large membership incomes.

Another source of funding for Dublin clubs is the use of the Clubhouse for social functions. I played a junior match in the Thomas Davis club (on one of their fields) on a Sunday morning and by the time our match was finished the clubhouse was full for one of those sky "super sunday" days. I was told that it's the same every Sunday during the year. Clean up operation here in Dublin.
You only get money to hire the coach if the club (i.e. its members) put up 50% of the cash. So saying it drives membership is a bit of a chicken and egg. One of the coaches jobs (probably their main job) is to go to primary schools to encourage the kids to come up and join the club, so it probably does drive membership alright, but you have to put up the money first.

I presume that the same deal is available in every county? If not, then you blame the county board not Dublin
But, as I've said before, I don't think it would work in most counties, even sharing between 2/3 clubs. You have this young lad or girl, maybe 24 or 25, who have done their coaching courses but wouldnt be a patch on a lot of the actual current coaches in every club who do it for nothing. So most of the time they're just let coach the 4 to 8 year olds before they join a team (which is the real advantage Dublin have, as we have loads of those, many the sons/daughters of non-Dubs).

And also they'll do a "train the trainer" type of job to help parents who want to look after their son/daughter's team. Very basic stuff, but useful nonetheless to get people started. But the paid coaches are absolutely not let near the elite lads or adult first teams, because in the vast majority of cases they're simply not yet good enough for that level.

The clubhouse thing getting used for social functions is hardly a Dublin only thing? The one's in good locations get good footfall and takings. The one's in out of the way locations get feck all. 

Lone Shark

Quote from: Hound on May 15, 2018, 09:27:09 AM
I presume that the same deal is available in every county? If not, then you blame the county board not Dublin

Of course not. For example, if that deal was available in Offaly and every club took them up on it, the cost would be around 80% of the county's total budget for the year - with the best will in the world, most counties aren't in the position to subsidise 20% of the cost of a dedicated GPO for a club, never mind 50%. How is that Offaly's fault?

Rossfan

Big difference between clubs with 1,000 population if even that in their area and ones with 25,000 to 50,000.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LooseCannon

Quote from: Rossfan on May 17, 2018, 05:03:09 PM
Big difference between clubs with 1,000 population if even that in their area and ones with 25,000 to 50,000.
Unfortunately, we've some with less than half of that.

manfromdelmonte

Clubs could share a full time or part time coach between 4/5 Clubs for 6/7 months a year
If there was matching funding...

Would be a good way to give gaa players employmernt

blast05

Mayo's total sponsorship was 537K.
Dublins total (i.e.: AIG plus the 10 or so others) is almost 1.5 million