Longford v Tyrone - Sat 22nd June - Pearse Park - 5.00pm

Started by tyroneman, June 12, 2019, 08:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

So...it's the long and winding road again for Tyrone.

Longford are no pushovers when it comes to the qualifiers having beaten Mayo and Monaghan in previous years, so it would be very foolish for MH and/or the team to take them lightly.

Will need a much improved performance to beat them as this has massive potential for an upset.

APM

Have Tyrone ever played Longford before in the qualifiers.  Tyrone normally steam-roll teams even a division below them.  But I wouldn't want to get into a dogfight in Pearse Park as Monaghan, Down and Derry and found to their cost. 

Nonetheless, if Tyrone don't win by 20 points their season will have gone from bad to worse  ;D

bogball88

Quote from: APM on June 12, 2019, 08:52:52 AM
Have Tyrone ever played Longford before in the qualifiers.  Tyrone normally steam-roll teams even a division below them.  But I wouldn't want to get into a dogfight in Pearse Park as Monaghan, Down and Derry and found to their cost. 

Nonetheless, if Tyrone don't win by 20 points their season will have gone from bad to worse  ;D
2011 and Tyrone won by 5 in Longford

Shamrock Shore

As stated by me in another I am confident of a Longford win.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GetOverTheBar

Longford will be loving this. Tyrone under serious, serious pressure.

Longford might just get the luck that deserted Meath last year. If Tyrone don't tighten up, I can see them in a hell of a fight here.

trueblue1234

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 12, 2019, 11:25:26 AM

Longford might just get the luck that deserted Meath last year. If Tyrone don't tighten up, I can see them in a hell of a fight here.

I'm hoping the otherway. I'm hoping we get a reaction from the team and they come out guns blazing. They're better than they showed on Sunday.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 12, 2019, 11:46:54 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 12, 2019, 11:25:26 AM

I'm hoping the otherway. I'm hoping we get a reaction from the team and they come out guns blazing. They're better than they showed on Sunday.

Absolutely, hopefully Harte names a team with more forwards in it anyway. McCurry has earned his spot with his efforts coming on last week you'd have thought.

Dire Ear

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

panc56

Pearse Park , some past managerial casualties from a summers Saturday night in Longford : 
Pete McGrath Down ,
John Brennan , Derry,
John O'Mahoney Mayo,
Brian McIvor Derry.....

8)

JoG2

Quote from: panc56 on June 17, 2019, 02:07:10 PM
Pearse Park , some past managerial casualties from a summers Saturday night in Longford : 
Pete McGrath Down ,
John Brennan , Derry,
John O'Mahoney Mayo,
Brian McIvor Derry.....

8)

Brian stood down after a Conor Lawn masterclass in Pearse Stadium, Salthill

Shamrock Shore

As the week is progressing I am feeling even more confident of a Longford win.

Any of ye T'rone bize heading down (or is it up) to Longford?

I think Fuzzman is making a weekend of it.

Dire Ear

Well SS,  after the last showing, esp. from the line; I'll not be going and probably won't even listen to it. There's something not quite right in the Tyrone set-up, and maybe the qualifer route will sort out some of the issues.  But overall,  too many good players are not playing for Tyrone at the minute,  for whatever reasons.  Good luck to Longford;  wouldn't be overly surprised if they sneeked it

square_ball

Quote from: Dire Ear on June 17, 2019, 04:15:49 PM
Well SS,  after the last showing, esp. from the line; I'll not be going and probably won't even listen to it. There's something not quite right in the Tyrone set-up, and maybe the qualifer route will sort out some of the issues.  But overall,  too many good players are not playing for Tyrone at the minute,  for whatever reasons.  Good luck to Longford;  wouldn't be overly surprised if they sneeked it

Who are all these good players not playing for the county at the minute? I'll give you Ronan O'Neill and Lee Brennan but genuinely I'm looking around the county and I'm seeing all the best club players in the county setup?  Not being argumentative just curious as to who you think is not in the squad that should be.