Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5times5times

Quote from: snoopdog on February 20, 2024, 03:40:21 PMAnyone any idea when the PL annojnce the TV schedule for games for April.

Usually 8-10th of month before. Eg, 5th Feb they released March tv games

jcpen

Would have been a massive 3 points for Everton that if they had held on. A point still decent at this stage of the season.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

RedHand88

Everton points reduction reduced to 6 points. You'd think they'll be safe now.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 26, 2024, 01:40:28 PMEverton points reduction reduced to 6 points. You'd think they'll be safe now.

Have they not another points reduction coming up? Be 4 points I'd say  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mourne Red

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 26, 2024, 01:40:28 PMEverton points reduction reduced to 6 points. You'd think they'll be safe now.

Looking at the table, I'd say 9 points is all they need to stay up now (34 points overall). I can't see any of the bottom 3 getting near that total

lurganblue

The Premier League dont seem to have a scooby doo on how to enforce these rules/sanctions.

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2024, 01:42:05 PM

Have they not another points reduction coming up? Be 4 points I'd say  ;D

Both Everton and Forest face further charges, thought to be more likely a 3 points deduction, so give with one hand and take with another, net +1 all the same...

Lord help Chelsea and City.  ;)

Captain Obvious

One would feel sorry for little old Luton then again their manager said recently he always looked at the table without the points reduction for Everton.

trailer

Quote from: lurganblue on February 26, 2024, 01:48:26 PMThe Premier League dont seem to have a scooby doo on how to enforce these rules/sanctions.

It's independent.

6 points is still a fair wallop. Everton can have no complaints and I have little sympathy for them. They knew they were going to have a breech of FFP, told the PL that and then after the PL told them how to avoid it they continued to buy players. They took a short term view in order to keep their PL status. Essentially cheating. It has worked for them as they'll swallow this punishment, and most likely stay in the PL.

SHEEDY

Quote from: trailer on February 26, 2024, 04:31:53 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on February 26, 2024, 01:48:26 PMThe Premier League dont seem to have a scooby doo on how to enforce these rules/sanctions.

It's independent.

6 points is still a fair wallop. Everton can have no complaints and I have little sympathy for them. They knew they were going to have a breech of FFP, told the PL that and then after the PL told them how to avoid it they continued to buy players. They took a short term view in order to keep their PL status. Essentially cheating. It has worked for them as they'll swallow this punishment, and most likely stay in the PL.

would be a good idea to read into it before typing nonsense.
nil satis nisi optimum

johnnycool

It's independent.

Everton were £20M over the FFP rules for the three year period in question and complied fully and honestly with the investigation and were still hit with the 10 points penalty.
A big part of that was how they were funding their stadium and whilst some of their transfer dealings were stupid and mad, they'd have been OK if the funding from our Russian Oligarch hadn't been rudely interrupted by Putin deciding to Annex part of Ukraine.

With even the reduction to 6 points, you gotta feel for Forest who are over £100M out of spec, so they'll get 5 times the punishment of Everton  ;)

All the while no one is looking at Chelsea and City and heck even United are still carrying a huge debt on their books annually but that's OK as they're able to service that debt!

https://theathletic.com/5006933/2023/10/28/manchester-united-debt-borrowing/

I get the need for financial controls within the premiership but stop going after the clubs on the margins of these rules when others are flagrantly well out of kilter.

TabClear

Quote from: johnnycool on February 27, 2024, 11:00:50 AM

It's independent.

Everton were £20M over the FFP rules for the three year period in question and complied fully and honestly with the investigation and were still hit with the 10 points penalty.
A big part of that was how they were funding their stadium and whilst some of their transfer dealings were stupid and mad, they'd have been OK if the funding from our Russian Oligarch hadn't been rudely interrupted by Putin deciding to Annex part of Ukraine.

With even the reduction to 6 points, you gotta feel for Forest who are over £100M out of spec, so they'll get 5 times the punishment of Everton  ;)

All the while no one is looking at Chelsea and City and heck even United are still carrying a huge debt on their books annually but that's OK as they're able to service that debt!

https://theathletic.com/5006933/2023/10/28/manchester-united-debt-borrowing/

I get the need for financial controls within the premiership but stop going after the clubs on the margins of these rules when others are flagrantly well out of kilter.

I dont have a particular problem with United, as you say they are able to service the debt from commercial revenues so there should be no recourse there as to how to they fund. The fact the supporters have an problem with this is a seprate issue.  If anything it adds an extra layer of scrutiny as the banks are carrying out their own due diligence, cashflow modelling and stress testing.

City/Chelsea is more complicated as they (especially City) derive an awful lot of revenue from related parties on what is viewed as non commercial terms so it is shareholder funding by another route that does not show up in the metrics. If the PL/UEFA are serious about leveling the playing field this is where they need to target but I suspect they do not want to be too aggressive as you could start to see a few issues coming out from the like of Madrid/PSG etc as well as the UK teams.

trailer

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 26, 2024, 05:39:23 PM

It's independent.

would be a good idea to read into it before typing nonsense.

An excellent rebuttal. That's told me.

Gael85

Good chance for Arsenal to boost their goal difference. Sheff Utd are brutal and only matter of time before them and Burnley relegated.

Capt Pat

Arsenal lead 3-0 after 14 minutes. It could be 8 or 9 at the end.