All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: yellowcard on January 15, 2023, 05:31:34 PM
I think Paudie could well have been concussed after the elbow by the Stewartstown sub. He was busy open after that incident. It might explain him having a pop at the officials afterwards in his victory speech.

No he's just an ignoramus.

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2023, 05:41:32 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2023, 05:32:29 PM
I think Paudie could well have been concussed after the elbow by the Stewartstown sub. He was busy open after that incident. It might explain him having a pop at the officials afterwards in his victory speech.
Fair play to him for having the balls to say it, be he right or wrong

Fair play if he was right or wrong? He was sent off, they won and he got to lift the cup. What was he confused about?
He felt the ref got the card wrong and he said so. Fair play for doing it and I got a good laugh at it

From the Bunker

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2023, 06:33:25 PM

Fair play if he was right or wrong? He was sent off, they won and he got to lift the cup. What was he confused about?
He felt the ref got the card wrong and he said so. Fair play for doing it and I got a good laugh at it

I'd have kept my mouth closed. They won the game. Having a public cheap shot at the Referee was not going to change anything and made him look classless.

There is a shortage of referees and incidents like that does not help matters.

Milltown Row2

You're weird, fair play for making a c**k out of himself?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

Only problem is the ref got his card right, wasn't a eye gouge but abit like the first lad send off, what was the point of trying to pull u lad head back, running by quick, when the game was all but over.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 15, 2023, 07:04:15 PM
Only problem is the ref got his card right, wasn't a eye gouge but abit like the first lad send off, what was the point of trying to pull u lad head back, running by quick, when the game was all but over.

I'd mentioned it earlier, the linesman made that call not the ref, so Paudi was wrong on a couple points
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

That junior match was a joke. Hard to feel sympathy for Stewartstown after their antics, they can't have any complaints for their reds, but even after the first one they probably still stood a chance. The ref probably should have sent the Fossa man off when he only showed him a yellow, your man gave a wink and from there on the Tyronies lost the plot. Only saw the first half of the Galbally match and full sympathy to the keeper, saved a point from going over only to concede a goal, had his teammates converted at least one of the two gilt-edged goal chances at the other end things might have been different. The AI junior roll of honour certainly demonstrates the ridiculousness of the arse about face Kerry championship structures.

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2023, 06:55:35 PM

You're weird, fair play for making a c**k out of himself?
Referees Union  ;)

Armagh18

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 15, 2023, 06:52:27 PM

I'd have kept my mouth closed. They won the game. Having a public cheap shot at the Referee was not going to change anything and made him look classless.

There is a shortage of referees and incidents like that does not help matters.
Yeah so would I. But anyway not that big of a deal.

Gold

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2023, 04:34:40 PM
Only seen second half of the first game, no3 for stewartstown probably gets away with that on a Wednesday night in a league game, he has serious amount of eyes on him. Some stupidity when reasonably in the game. Did see what the black card was for, I've no idea why they took off 13 and the two clampits that came on didn't touch leather and one got sent off for the worst elbow you'll see!!

What happens at the end is embarrassing for all that got involved, David Clifford's was easy yellow, Paudi' hand on face pulls it back soft but ref, seen by linesman, think the others were second yellows I didn't see them

The cloth line tackle was a 50/50 call, seen them given as a red or yellow

Idiocy from the No 3....ruined the game for the entire country with a wee girly move

Like either smack someone a proper box or leave well alone...what's the f**king pointt?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Armagh18

Quote from: Gold on January 15, 2023, 07:46:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2023, 04:34:40 PM
Only seen second half of the first game, no3 for stewartstown probably gets away with that on a Wednesday night in a league game, he has serious amount of eyes on him. Some stupidity when reasonably in the game. Did see what the black card was for, I've no idea why they took off 13 and the two clampits that came on didn't touch leather and one got sent off for the worst elbow you'll see!!

What happens at the end is embarrassing for all that got involved, David Clifford's was easy yellow, Paudi' hand on face pulls it back soft but ref, seen by linesman, think the others were second yellows I didn't see them

The cloth line tackle was a 50/50 call, seen them given as a red or yellow

Idiocy from the No 3....ruined the game for the entire country with a wee girly move

Like either smack someone a proper box or leave well alone...what's the f**king pointt?
Exactly.

Halfquarter

Don't understand you at all , it was an eye gouge, no need for it , Fossa had the game in the bag at that stage.

Armagh18

Quote from: Halfquarter on January 15, 2023, 07:57:21 PM

Don't understand you at all , it was an eye gouge, no need for it , Fossa had the game in the bag at that stage.
yeah it was daft and a red. Don't think it was an eye gouge in fairness.

Halfquarter

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2023, 08:18:51 PM

Ok, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the eye gouge, but it was definitely a deliberate act, no way accidental.

Armagh18

Quote from: Halfquarter on January 15, 2023, 08:33:49 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2023, 08:18:51 PM

Ok, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the eye gouge, but it was definitely a deliberate act, no way accidental.
Yeah needless, along the same lines as the full backs red, not much in either but contact with a players face/head off the ball you're giving the ref an easy decision