Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

6 penalties in three games for Sevco...not bad. Anyway as i've said as long as we keep winning then there's nothing they can do.

Celtic are playing much better but in fairness we've not played much and sterner tests are ahead starting home to Valencia on Thurs nite, we've a big 4 weeks ahead and we'll know better where we are then. There are big players coming back from injury, Tierney is back training so is Griffiths. Rogic is 3-4 weeks away and Ntcham is back fit again. The 3 loan players are a good addition to the team and with only Benkovic out for a bit longer although i suspect he'll be back a bit quicker than anticipated...

Beat Sevco at Paradise and revenge will be sweet and hopefully by then the title will be in the bag...HH
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

Celtic still need a main striker with game time under his belt.
I mean Edouard. 
The other new guy needs game time too as a backup... Griffiths as well.. if he is back.

Weah is a fantastic wee forward but too young and inexperienced to shoulder such a burden.
Burke v good and rapidly getting his groove back... but isn't a central striker.

It is appalling to watch the refs cartel back in action giving anything they can to this new incarnation of 'rangers'.

Main street... every time I see James Forrest play I think of you old pal !!!  ;)

MoChara

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 11, 2019, 12:44:17 AM
I mean Edouard. 
The other new guy needs game time too as a backup... Griffiths as well.. if he is back.

Weah is a fantastic wee forward but too young and inexperienced to shoulder such a burden.
Burke v good and rapidly getting his groove back... but isn't a central striker.

It is appalling to watch the refs cartel back in action giving anything they can to this new incarnation of 'rangers'.

Main street... every time I see James Forrest play I think of you old pal !!!  ;)

You're forgetting Bayo who hasn't had a run out yet, I believe he's maybe the idea behind the central striker you think we need.

Main Street

I mean Edouard. 

That's not too shabby, to be remembered when witnessing the dynamically talented James Forrest :) He's done very well since his days of playing for 5 minutes  - out for a month. 

lynchbhoy

Quote from: MoChara on February 11, 2019, 09:04:43 AM
I mean Edouard. 

You're forgetting Bayo who hasn't had a run out yet, I believe he's maybe the idea behind the central striker you think we need.
I'd hope so, but until he gets a run in the team and on the same wavelength,  he can't be expected to be performing at optimum level.

Even Edourd who I believe is a superb central striker, is not fully back to his best yet and needs a few more games for this.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on February 11, 2019, 11:35:03 AM
I mean Edouard. 

That's not too shabby, to be remembered when witnessing the dynamically talented James Forrest :) He's done very well since his days of playing for 5 minutes  - out for a month.
It's ok MS
I am only messing...
You didn't see enough of him at the time to spot the pot erntial!
I also like reminding my brother of the time he complained Larsson looked rubbish when he first joined Celtic... again I disagreed at that juncture!

Always fun to remind... ;)

Main Street

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 11, 2019, 12:40:16 PM
I mean Edouard. 

It's ok MS
I am only messing...
I also like reminding my brother of the time he complained Larsson looked rubbish when he first joined Celtic... again I disagreed at that juncture!

I do remember that about Forrest and also remember you not quite seeing the blatantly evident potential of VVD.

Btw, I thought Arsenal had bought a dud in T Henry.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on February 11, 2019, 02:05:20 PM
I mean Edouard. 

It's ok MS
I am only messing...

I do remember that about Forrest and also remember you not quite seeing the blatantly evident potential of VVD.

I also thought arsenal were mad playing a winger up front!

VVD was not what Celtic needed at the back. I prefer a defender who can defend.
He is looking like a great defender now, as all around him can't defend!
He's good... but he woukdnt be as good an out and out defender as benkovic or even boyata or Jozo..
Delighted to have punted him and taken the money!

trueblue1234

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 11, 2019, 03:08:56 PM
I mean Edouard. 

It's ok MS
I am only messing...

He's good... but he woukdnt be as good an out and out defender as benkovic or even boyata or Jozo..

Ahhhh here.......
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

lynchbhoy

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 11, 2019, 04:51:18 PM
I mean Edouard. 

It's ok MS
I am only messing...

Ahhhh here.......
Here yourself...
He's a footballer...
But the other lads are out and out defenders
Imo

And from what I've seen of him at Celtic and since

He's no lawrenson ...thats for sure.
He is more Marc Reiper.

trueblue1234

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 11, 2019, 05:15:09 PM
I mean Edouard. 

It's ok MS
I am only messing...

Ahhhh here.......
Here yourself...
He's a footballer...
Imo

He is more Marc Reiper.
He's one of the best defenders in the world. Being able to play the ball out when he wins it doesn't mean he's too fancy to defend. His positioning is normally excellent. One of the key factors of being a good defender. I can't think of many that I would take instead of him.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

screenexile

I mean Edouard. 

It's ok MS
I am only messing...

Ahhhh here.......
Here yourself...
He's a footballer...
Imo

He is more Marc Reiper.

There he is . . .

Welcome back lynchbhoy!!

quit yo jibbajabba

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on February 12, 2019, 09:29:17 AM
I mean Edouard. 

It's ok MS
I am only messing...

Ahhhh here.......
Here yourself...
He's a footballer...
Imo

He is more Marc Reiper.

There he is . . .

Welcome back lynchbhoy!!
I would be more cautious about throwing out the welcome mat for lynchbhoy. In true Derry fashion, he's only in the door 5 minutes and he's already lobbing grenades.

illdecide

CELTIC have released their Interim Report for the six months to December 31, 2018.

Operational Highlights

•             Currently top of the SPFL Premiership

•             Winners of the Scottish League Cup for the third season in a row

•             17 home fixtures (2017: 19)

•             Secured European football after Christmas by qualifying for the round of 32 of the UEFA Europa League for the second year in a row

Financial Highlights

•             Revenue decreased by 30.1% to £50.0m (2017: £71.5m)

•             Profit from trading was £6.2m (2017: £23.7m)

•             Profit from transfer of player registrations (shown as profit on disposal of intangible assets) £17.6m (2017: £0.5m)

•             Profit before taxation of £18.8m (2017: £19.5m)

•             Profit after taxation of £15.2m (2017: £17.4m)

•             Period end net cash at bank of £38.6m (2017: £30.9m)

•             Period end net cash, net of debt and debt like items, of £37.7m (2017: £17.0m)

CHAIRMAN'S STATEMENT

I am pleased to report on our interim results for the period ended 31 December 2018. These show revenue of £50.0m (2017: £71.5m) and a profit from trading of £6.2m (2017: £23.7m). Overall, this resulted in a profit before taxation of £18.8m (2017: £19.5m) and a period end net cash at bank of £38.6m (2017: £30.9m). The introductory page to these interim results summarises the main highlights.

The Club has continued to build on its historic "Double Treble" achieved last year by adding the League Cup trophy in December 2018, the seventh consecutive trophy lifted since Brendan Rodgers joined us, continuing our domestic clean sweep of trophies.  At the time of writing, we remain unbeaten at home in domestic competitions this season and sit 6 points clear at the top of the Scottish Premiership.  We have also made it to the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup.  We were very disappointed not to qualify for the group stages of the UEFA Champions League (a task that continues to be challenging) but qualification from a very difficult group in the UEFA Europa League was a great achievement.

These results reflect the absence of substantial UEFA Champions League revenues in comparison to the same period last year.  But they are counter-balanced by the benefit of player trading, significantly by the permanent transfer of the registration of Moussa Dembele to Olympique Lyonnais.  The profit on disposals of intangible assets of £17.6m (2017: £0.5m) largely represents this sale.   Our period end net cash at bank, as indicated above, was highly satisfactory.  We also enjoyed exceptionally strong trading across all of our commercial bases, including match day sales, hospitality and merchandise.

Our financial commitment to the playing squad, including transfer fees and first team salaries, and the coaching, technical and performance departments is at an all-time high.  During the period we secured the permanent registrations of Emilio Izaguirre and Youssouf Mulumbu and the temporary registrations of Daniel Arzani and Philip Benkovic.  Subsequently, during the January transfer window, we have acquired the permanent registrations of talented young international players Vakoun Bayo, Andrew Gutman, Emanuel Perez and Marian Shved and the temporary registrations of exciting talents Oliver Burke, Jeremy Toljan and Timothy Weah.  Furthermore, the contracts of Kristoffer Ajer, Scott Brown, Ryan Christie, James Forrest, Leigh Griffiths, Michael Johnston, Callum McGregor, Olivier Ntcham and Tom Rogic have been extended.  We believe that we have secured the core of a powerful squad for the Club.  In addition, we are delighted to see the continued emergence of young graduates from our Youth Academy, with Ewan Henderson making his first team debut and Karamoko Dembele signing his first professional contract with the Club.

My fellow directors and I continue to be highly alert to the uncertainties inherent in football and our long held strategy of operating a self-sustaining financial model has delivered stability and success.  The Board and Brendan Rodgers are committed to maintaining that crucial balance between competitive performance for our immediate targets this season and developing the Club for the longer term.   Our key objectives for the remainder of the season are to win the SPFL Premiership, secure The Scottish Cup and build towards the European qualifiers in the summer.

We continue to work on our plans to develop Celtic Park and the surrounding area for our supporters and the City as a whole.  The Fraser of Allander Institute's economic survey that was commissioned and published in the period highlights the very substantial economic contribution made by Celtic and its supporters each year to the economy of Glasgow and Scotland as a whole.  In putting this important information into the public domain, we seek to encourage the Scottish Government, Glasgow City Council and other public agencies to recognise the contribution of football in general and Celtic in particular.

Entirely in line with our trading seasonality, we do not expect the same level of financial performance to be achieved during the second half of the financial year. This is due to participating in fewer home fixtures and receiving lower income from European competition. However, due to the positive first half performance of football, media and merchandise sales, the expectation is to achieve a full year profit after tax marginally above previously communicated market expectations, with year end net cash at bank expected to be lower than December, reflecting the increased investment into football personnel. In line with previous years, the ultimate financial performance remains subject to the outcome of key events and fixtures, which typically are not known until the end of the football season.

On behalf of the Board, I thank our fans, shareholders and partners, for their outstanding support and contribution to the ongoing success of Celtic Football Club.

Ian P Bankier

12 February 2019

Chairman
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch