Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bo Man

Quote from: Quarterback on October 20, 2014, 11:19:42 AM
Mc Carron was at the fitness tests in Cookstown.  What worries me is that we cant even hold our fitness testing in the multi million pound 'Centre of Excellence'  :-\ :-\

Looking fwd and putting all the above aside I feel the introduction of Peter Donnelly to the Tyrone setup will bring great change.  A born leader, winner, captain and now - excellent trainer he can only help Tyrone.  I Believe we still have the talent, that there is no doubt but we must add steel, grit and will to win.  All of which Donnelly will bring to the table.  He will not accept excuses from the current bunch which I believe there to be plenty...Conditioning is crucial in the modern game and Donnelly will provide a fresh approach to that.  I fancy us to give it a real rattle this year.

Is there a Carmen clear out? Our two fellas went through the fitness test but no word of Michael Cassidy. Surely he must be in line for a call up shortly?

Club boi

Was there not talk of Mattie Donnelly walking away or never playing in the same team as Mc Carron ever again???????

billabong

Quote from: WT4E on October 20, 2014, 12:08:24 PM
I heard the general consensus amongst the players where that they didn't want to turn their backs to Cathal McCarron - well I suppose would you??

;D

The Bearded One

I have it on good authority that Mickey Donnelly is to be ratified as minor manager for another year. Croke Park must have ruled in his favour.

Assuming this will be brought before the county committee on Tuesday night.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Tommo2

Quote from: Club boi on October 23, 2014, 11:20:39 PM
Was there not talk of Mattie Donnelly walking away or never playing in the same team as Mc Carron ever again???????

I suspect that he will climb down from this threat and continue his county career.

Napper

Quote from: The Bearded One on October 24, 2014, 11:57:50 AM
I have it on good authority that Mickey Donnelly is to be ratified as minor manager for another year. Croke Park must have ruled in his favour.

Assuming this will be brought before the county committee on Tuesday night.

Mickey Donnelly was in the big house on the hill last night running fitness tests. He does not need to be ratified. He is already in place doing the job.

TF15

Anyone know of names Harte has approached to join the squad? Niall Sludden has to be a certainty to get on the panel this year. If he does I've not a doubt in my mind he'll be in the starting team come summer. Class act. 

smort

Quote from: TF15 on October 24, 2014, 05:00:53 PM
Anyone know of names Harte has approached to join the squad? Niall Sludden has to be a certainty to get on the panel this year. If he does I've not a doubt in my mind he'll be in the starting team come summer. Class act.
+1

Club Rossa

Ruairi Sludden has had an excellent year for Dromore,maybe worth a look.

superstar_

Patrick Quinn and Padraig McNulty bound to get a call up after their performance for dungannon in this years championship.
Dwayne Quinn also worth a trial along with the two sluddens.

longballin

Never did like the thrash talk but as Dromore were the worst for it, can hardly complain now if McCarron gets it. Like who sets the rules on how low it can go, certainly not some of his team-mates... 

redzone

danny Gorman and mark Bradley should def be worth a look at from killyclogher.very impressive on sunday

TF15

Just think Bradley may have the same problem as McCurry has to an extent - his size. He will be very small for Senior intercounty footbal but an excellent inside forward he is, no doubt in that. I'd give any defender who looks half decent a trial because other than Aidy McCrory our full back line was woeful last year. I think thats 99% of the reason McCarrons back in the fold. Drastic times/drastic measures and all that. Also would leave Ruari Sludden to focus on U21s. Don't think he's ready for intercounty senior yet and a good year with U21s would be more beneficial to him probably than being on the fringe of our senior panel. Same goes for most of our U21s, let the lads focus on their own grade and those who show up best get drafted into the panel? Seems to me a reasonable idea.

redzone

Quote from: TF15 on October 27, 2014, 07:09:28 PM
Just think Bradley may have the same problem as McCurry has to an extent - his size. He will be very small for Senior intercounty footbal but an excellent inside forward he is, no doubt in that. I'd give any defender who looks half decent a trial because other than Aidy McCrory our full back line was woeful last year. I think thats 99% of the reason McCarrons back in the fold. Drastic times/drastic measures and all that. Also would leave Ruari Sludden to focus on U21s. Don't think he's ready for intercounty senior yet and a good year with U21s would be more beneficial to him probably than being on the fringe of our senior panel. Same goes for most of our U21s, let the lads focus on their own grade and those who show up best get drafted into the panel? Seems to me a reasonable idea.
ruari sludden was kicked of the u21 panel last year,maybe he has changed this year but I don't think he has the right mentality for county football.remember you have to nearly train 4/5 nights a week.niall sludden should get a look at for sure

LeoMc

Quote from: redzone on October 27, 2014, 06:55:06 PM
danny Gorman and mark Bradley should def be worth a look at from killyclogher.very impressive on sunday

What year was Gorman Co minor captain before he broke his leg?