Construction/plumbing issue

Started by magpie seanie, March 26, 2008, 03:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: laoislad on March 28, 2008, 01:22:27 AM
Be a man and do the repairs yourself,Or are you one of these "penpushers" who hasn't hands to wipe their own arse  ::)
fecking hell
would you ask tradesmen to do the job of some of the posters on here?

Theres enough cowboys in the building trade these days unfortunately without us all giving it a shot.
:D

magpie seanie

A sure way to make an idiot out of yourself is to try to do something you don't have the first clue about. You should bear that in mind sometimes LL.  ;)

ludermor

dont think this is the real LL, thought he was still on his sabatical?

Main Street

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 26, 2008, 04:28:16 PM
Thanks folks, something to work on. I think the smell is coming form the toilet.

Its hard to describe the shape of the house but suffice to say the ensuite bathroom has no windows. Maybe its not too serious but it needs to get sorted.
As others have said,
usually its the smell coming back up the sink or the bath, if the outlets from the both of them join into the toilet drain at the back of the toilet and the plumbing design is suspect.
A careful nose test first thing in the morning would confirm it (if it is so).

magpie seanie

Goatlover/Goatlover wannabe - you'll be delighted to know I fixed it myself with the help of the advice of the guys here.

Thanks folks - seems to be sorted now.

tyronefan

magpie seanie

Smell was coming back up out of shower. Once I fired a bit of water down there a few times the smell went.

lynchbhoy

See Seanie
that oul construction worker lark is dead easy !

send the cheque to me -
matius dziewokonwski
at
appt 23 , block b , ballymun towers, Dublin 11
;)

Main Street

One day Laois Lad you too can be a man.

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 01, 2008, 09:55:14 AM
Smell was coming back up out of shower. Once I fired a bit of water down there a few times the smell went.
Magpie, that tells me that the shower isn't a much used utility in your household  :o

magpie seanie

QuoteMagpie, that tells me that the shower isn't a much used utility in your household

Despite my inability to do "manly work" as our friend calls it I live in a house that has a main bathroom and an ensuite and (wait for it) - both have showers! Funnily enough, we use the shower that has the walls tiled round it and a shower door up all the time as opposed to the other one which is only getting done now.  ;)

AZOffaly

Tell the truth, you're a mucky b*stard :D

magpie seanie

Main Street

Our water pump at the borehole has stopped working now for 3 days.
No running water at all in the house and the rest of the family have moved out to the mother in laws.
That was a tactic used supposed to hurry me up to fix it.
I think it has backfired on them a I am enjoying the peace. ;D 
The inner workings of a centrifugal pump is not my forte.

Gaafan2

Thinking of replacing the bathroom suite. My plumber has advised me to replace the gravity fed tank the roofspace with a hot water pressurised tank which will give much better hot water pressure throughout the house. He quoted me £1500 for these works alone. As I'm no plumbing expert, should I expect to pay that kind of money?

illdecide

Quote from: gaafan2 on May 14, 2020, 09:04:04 AM
Thinking of replacing the bathroom suite. My plumber has advised me to replace the gravity fed tank the roofspace with a hot water pressurised tank which will give much better hot water pressure throughout the house. He quoted me £1500 for these works alone. As I'm no plumbing expert, should I expect to pay that kind of money?

Is that for just his time or is that for all his plumbing work and the pressurised water tank?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch