Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Tubberman

Jesus, Scottish soccer is a hate-filled sectarian cesspit. And it's shite football too.
Scotland seems to be more sectarian than the 6 counties at this stage.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

clarshack

on other celtic forums, fans are asking is it not time celtic petitioned uefa/fifa to get out of scotland once and for all. some feel there is a danger that glasgow celtic is quickly becoming the next belfast celtic, and a lot of fans would be happy to start in league 2. what do people here think?

boosabum

Just happen to flick on the game last night a few minutes before the incident occured, got me thinking about lennon and what type of persona he has or is trying to portray.
1. These is no doubt (IMO) his demeanour does bring some of the trouble down on himself
2. He is one selfish man if he's happy to put his family through this orderal for the sake of his celtic iconic status
3. He's not that good of a manager when a he can't break the stranglehold of a near bankrupt club in a 8 -10 th rate european league.
4. is he trying to make himself into some type of martyr ala ML King or Malcom X. lot of talk last night saying what a shame it would be if he walked away. What's he going to prove by staying ?

I have loads of sympathy for him and his family but all he need do walk away and enjoy some normality elsewhere

Clown

Quote from: boosabum on May 12, 2011, 09:26:18 AM
Just happen to flick on the game last night a few minutes before the incident occured, got me thinking about lennon and what type of persona he has or is trying to portray.
1. These is no doubt (IMO) his demeanour does bring some of the trouble down on himself
2. He is one selfish man if he's happy to put his family through this orderal for the sake of his celtic iconic status
3. He's not that good of a manager when a he can't break the stranglehold of a near bankrupt club in a 8 -10 th rate european league.
4. is he trying to make himself into some type of martyr ala ML King or Malcom X. lot of talk last night saying what a shame it would be if he walked away. What's he going to prove by staying ?

I have loads of sympathy for him and his family but all he need do walk away and enjoy some normality elsewhere

Your some p***k. Typical comments from someone who'd i would say knows f**k all about the situation or scottish football in general

So basically your blaming Lennon for all that happened last night, as per usual? his persona brings it on? what do you want him to do, get a new face??

as for point 3 there - Can you remember the complete mess that Celtic were in last year, Lennon has improved the club greatly this season. The very fact that band-wagon jumpers (like yourself probably) are taking an interest in Celtic again this season is probably proof of that

The media/SFA have whipped up an hysteria against lennon for the past year, they've to take some of the blame IMO, a good manager is going to be forced out of his job.

Can anyone tell me what exactly he has done to deserve all this? hold his ears? square up to Sally McCoist? Complain about a Celtic player being sent off earlier in the year? Are these incidents now deserving of living a life in fear

Boosabum says he should quit and let the hate-filled bigots have their way

Tubberman

Quote from: Clown on May 12, 2011, 09:36:30 AM

Your some p***k. Typical comments from someone who'd i would say knows f**k all about the situation or scottish football in general

So basically your blaming Lennon for all that happened last night, as per usual? his persona brings it on? what do you want him to do, get a new face??

as for point 3 there - Can you remember the complete mess that Celtic were in last year, Lennon has improved the club greatly this season. The very fact that band-wagon jumpers (like yourself probably) are taking an interest in Celtic again this season is probably proof of that

The media/SFA have whipped up an hysteria against lennon for the past year, they've to take some of the blame IMO, a good manager is going to be forced out of his job.

Can anyone tell me what exactly he has done to deserve all this? hold his ears? square up to Sally McCoist? Complain about a Celtic player being sent off earlier in the year? Are these incidents now deserving of living a life in fear

I'd agree with a lot of what you're saying but if you'd calm down and write it without abusing other posters, people might listen to you.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ballinaman

Quote from: Tubberman on May 12, 2011, 09:38:57 AM

I'd agree with a lot of what you're saying but if you'd calm down and write it without abusing other posters, people might listen to you.
So you don't really have any sympathy in truth...

Clown

Pat Nevin was asked on the radio this morning what can be done to stop the attacks on Lennon, his answer was for both sides to stop singing sectarian songs

Its always a joint 'Old Firm' problem when Celtic are the victims, sure look what the outcome was of the 'shame game' earlier in the year. Its ludicrous

pundits and commentators in Scotland are afraid to say what the real problem is, that Scotland is a country thats rotten to the core with anti-irish/catholic bigotry.

thebigfella

Quote from: ballinaman on May 12, 2011, 09:42:18 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on May 12, 2011, 09:38:57 AM

So you don't really have any sympathy in truth...

Seriously wise the fcuk up, while I don't agree with all his points (I do think Lennon is not as great a manager as some people think), he's entitled to make them without all the abuse and pettiness.

Clown

i apologise for the personal abuse, but as someone who follows scottish football closely a lot of what was written was wide of the mark

also, i dont think Lennons ability as a manager should be a talking point. Its irrelevant to the campaign against him by the bigots

lynchbhoy

while your post is most likely well intended, it smacks of how people are grossly influenced by the media spin and portrayal of all this.
1.what demeanour would that be - a defiant one ? showing that he wont be bullied, that he wont believe the death threats, that he wont be driven out from his current employment?
2. I'd say that the treatment he has received from these scumbags (I canot say if they are rangers, hearts, orange order, or of any religious persuasion) has a lot to do with this - added to my above point in #1 - why woul dhe accept being bullied out of a job?
that the police force in scotland have failed him (did the ruc ever get to the culprits of his si(c)x county representative side death threats ?). The scots politicians went mad when a few rangers players were sent off and mccoist started a wee spat on the sideline to which Lennon joined in on this sillyness (should have laughed and walked away).
feck sake, a guy is being bullied , trying to get him to quit his job  -but this time there are again a few comments on how disgraceful it is - but will we see a police statement about potentially banning Celtic v rangers games (or upping the ante in quashing this sectarian rubbish?) - will we see the scots parliment doing likewise - also replicating their parlimentary debate?

scotland is rotten with sectarianism. it is still allowed there. At least in the north of Ireland this has been almost fully cleaned up in common plife (if not ethos).

3. I'd agree, he isnt that good. But he is still in his first year as a manager.
People can complain about refs /sending offs and rangers getting help to winning a title - or on the brink of it. However Celtic had it in their own hands and fecked up. I'd question a lot of Lennons tactics and team selections. But he is a rookie manager.
4.ah fer fux sake. stop reading the papers. I think Lennon would prefer to stay alive and in one piece. he has a human right to work and being allowed live in peace.
the authorities are not exactly helping his out with him and the problem in scotland in general.
its never a problem when Celtic lose or win - only when rangers or other 'black preceptory' following clubs have a problem !

Celtic have had a few as well, but the coin throwers and idiots from a decade ago are banned from the ground, and unlike rangers 'bans' - these lads stay banned.

Banana Man

there shouldn't even be debate on this, the treatment being dished out to Neil Lennon is getting very close to state sponsored the way the authorities are sitting on their hands

I honestly believe it is only a matter of time before Lennon is murdered at this rate

The silence from the SFA, the Scottish Govt and the UK Govt is deafening. UEFA and or FIFA should launch an enquiry or suspend the SFA, someone has to do something and yesterday.

If this was against Rangers or Hearts every Catholic Male in Scotland over the age of 15 would be interned ffs.

It is not an old firm problem it is a Rangers/Hearts/Anti Irish?Anti Catholic Problem.

Think of it the out cry there would be if Lennon was a black manager and white supremacists dished out a quarter of this abuse, the UN would be in by now and that is no exaggeration.

SambaSaffron

Quote from: sammymaguire on May 11, 2011, 10:17:26 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 11, 2011, 10:14:40 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on May 11, 2011, 10:09:59 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on May 11, 2011, 09:11:32 PM
Lennon gets attacked by a Hearts "fan" on the touch line at Tynecastle shortly after Hoops 2nd goal this evening... nothing majorly serious but the guy will be a bit shook up by that incident... complete knobs

what a complete knob, that could have been so much worse than it was, what if the guy had a knife or something. big questions to be asked of the stewards

Read on Twitter that Lennon got stuck into him.

Its clear enough from the pics seeing Lenny fire in a couple of boots when yer man falls on the ground... understandable I suppose
Is it? I can't see that. But if it's on twitter, it must be true.  ::)

SambaSaffron

Quote from: Abble on May 11, 2011, 10:40:25 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on May 11, 2011, 10:26:40 PM
Quote from: Abble on May 11, 2011, 10:23:26 PM
Quote from: orangeman on May 11, 2011, 10:22:01 PM
There's no way Lennon will be managing Celtic next year - far too controversial - they wouldn't be able to afford all the security.

its got to the stage now where lennon is continuosly bringing on most of this stuff himself, he loves it

what the fcuk??  ??? dumb comment of the week

lennon is the man with the voice and i dont think he makes good use of that, he actually stokes things up even more than is required at times
I understand entirely you are on a 'hilarious windup', but go on, how exactly has he stoke it up? Yeah, I'm sure he loves receiving bullets alright.

rossie mad

Some of the rubbish being spouted on here is unbelieveable.

First of all if me or anyone else wants to support a team in another league that god forbid isnt in the EPL will thats my choice get over it.
It seems to niggle people on here that there is a glasgow celtic thread for supporters.

I am not sectarian or in anyways support celtic because i am some orange hating moron.
I support the club because of the history and anyone who grew up in the eighties remembers the scottish league being a great league to follow.

On the neil lennon situation he has my wholehearted support.
Neil is a bit hotheaded but so is neil warnock,wenger,mark hughes,david moyes jesus even martin o neill was every bit irrate when everything didnt go his way and god forbid if i mention alex ferguson as being a bit hotheaded at times.
The point is if this happened south of the scottish border the outrage would prove to be overwhelming.

I havent been to a celtic game since 05 but it was always a great experience everytime i went.
Yes there was spots you didnt frequent and yes i got the odd abusive remark from behind the bar when the accent was heard but thats with the territory.

I was in london last year at the ros game and on the saturday evening we werent allowed into a sports bar because of our accents but i didnt shout sectarianism.

Scotland has a problem with sectarianism but the brush is painted on all of us which is totally unfair.
The miniority on both sides are winning here on this one and it saddens me because its a league i actually follow with great interest and i always watch the games in it ahead of any other sport bar GAA of course.
There is plonkers who support every team but do we let them intimate the true supporters or keep them silent by trying to combat their stoneage views.
Ill always be a celtic supporter because its a great club not because its an 'irish club' or a 'catholic club'.

SambaSaffron

1. His demeanour? The only thing that brings this on him is being an Irish Catholic in charge of Celtic. O maybe you are referring to him cupping his ears? Oh, I suppose he deserves it then.
2. Aye, I'm sure thats exactly what he's thinking. So you're saying he should just resign because of the threats, thus giving up? I wouldn't blame him if he did, but fair play to him for lasting this long.
3. Noone is saying he's a great manager. It's his first year of being a manager, he's made mistakes. It's made out that he had a huge transfer kitty to spend - his biggest signing was less than £3million, a lot of the others less than £1million. Rangers brought in Jelavic for over £3million, and already had a stronger squad obviously. Celtic last year were a shambles.
4. Same point as number 2.