Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

spuds

0-0 result, Samaras had his peno saved after Stokes went down on byline. Soft enough call. McCoist shakes Lennon's hand at end and after the Celts go to away supporters McCoist is at entrance to tunnel and shakes his hand again, he is just playing to the media as he knows he'll be seen by TV etc. He sickens me hole with his chirpy chappy routine.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Main Street

Samaras is a good penalty taker, no surprise he was the taker. He had a better 2nd half.

Good result for Celtic in a tense game where chances were even enough. Rangers have missed a big opportunity. Celtic now just have to deal with a dodgy post derby hangover game.

Club Rossa

Happy enough with the result but the penalty miss was disappointing though.
It's in Celtics hands now but there are some really tough games coming up.

tyroneman

Samaras is a good penalty taker - based on what???

3 goals in total would suggest he hasn't had much practice.

GalwayBayBoy

I thought Stokes was Celtic's main penalty taker? I know he missed one recently but before that his record was pretty good I think. Didn't Commons also score one recently in the cup semi-final?

Main Street

clarshack

would have taken 0-0 beforehand but just hope penalty miss doesnt come back to haunt the celts.

tyroneman

QuoteBased on evidence you t**t. Have you the memory of a goldfish?

2 penalties, 1 from near a year ago, how wrong could I be - Le Tiss re-incarnate

Main Street

Quote from: tyroneman on April 24, 2011, 04:27:32 PM
QuoteBased on evidence you t**t. Have you the memory of a goldfish?

2 penalties, 1 from near a year ago, how wrong could I be - Le Tiss re-incarnate
Are you one of these lowlife celtic thread trolls who comes out of their cave on occasion? or what type of dimwit forgets all about the highlights of a season defining game? ::)
Yes I suppose you could be be forgiven for forgetting who took the last penalty at Ibrox. There are so many games that Celtic play at Ibrox, so many penalties to remember and so many 2 nil victories against Rangers.

tyroneman

What amazing manners you have main street. Someone makes a comment you disagree with and the next thing they are a troll or a t**t. Classy.

I remember perfectly well  Samaras scored a pen in the 2-0. my point was that someone who has scored 3 goals in 32 games can't possibly be a brilliant penalty taker by virtue of the fact they simply didnt take many.

I'd like to think though that the Gaaboard has a slightly more mature membership than celticminded etc where posts like yours are typical if anyone dares criticise. I have no interest in playing top trump with who supports Celtic more or lowering myself to that sorry type of nonsense. Suffice to say I support the team and also have an opinion. If you disagree then fine, that's your perogative. Personal insults however are the province of the ill mannered.

Samaras has played 1 or 2 good games all year. He has continually flattered to decieve, right from the outset and seems to only get his finger out when a new contract is needed. A decent player would do the business against ICT, Dundee Utd etc week in week out.

Having said that if you think 1 penalty against Rangers and 1 last year against Man u makes him a star then good luck to you.

Milltown Row2

Why did Lennon do the ear thing at the final whistle?? Why not walk off the pitch and play the victim? What past Celtic manager would have done that?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NP 76

Exactually Milltown instead of drawing more un needed attention on himself

Main Street

Quote from: tyroneman on April 24, 2011, 07:30:04 PM
What amazing manners you have main street. Someone makes a comment you disagree with and the next thing they are a troll or a t**t. Classy.
Eh no. You would have to act in a persistent silly manner in order for me suspect you were just trolling.
I apologise for calling you a troll. I see you just immature and loud.

QuoteI have no interest in playing top trump with who supports Celtic more or lowering myself to that sorry type of nonsense.
Neither have I. I'm not a Celtic fan. I have stated it many times that I am not a Celtic fan. I have no celtic fan superiority agenda. I like watching them play. It's tv sport entertainment.

QuoteHaving said that if you think 1 penalty against Rangers and 1 last year against Man u makes him a star then good luck to you.

Who said I thought that?  You asked me, based on what, did I think he was a good penalty taker?
Do you have a problem understanding your own question? I offered you two examples.
One in the last Ibrox  league game and one against a top class keeper like VDS.
If you want an example of every one of his penalties, then do your own research.
Samaras has taken penalties for Greece, Man City and Celtic. He is a player who has proven himself to take a penalty and proven that he had the bottle to take and convert one at Ibrox.

QuoteI'd like to think though that the Gaaboard has a slightly more mature membership than celticminded etc where posts like yours are typical if anyone dares criticise.
Then act in a mature fashion.
You challenged my opinion on why Samaras was chosen to take the penalty, refused to consider the evidence and indulge in silly biased immature sarcasm.

We know now that perhaps Samaras could have varied his technique against McGregor.. But I would say his penalty against VDS was perfect, as in unstoppable by any top class keeper even if they guessed right.

tyroneman

Main street you have a very odd sense of what is mature and what isn't. Calling people childish names seems ok in your book, having an opinion is anethema. Hypocrisy isn't even the word for it. 

My point was Samaras has scored 2 penalties in over a year. He also has a terrible overall scoring record and was not involved much in recent games. As such he should have passed duties to someone else. If no one else had the bottle then fair enough but I doubt that was the case.

Showing 2 good penalties does not make him a good penalty taker. Same way as many who are the scorer of great goals are not necessarily great goal scorers. Yes he certainly has bottle to take pens at Ibrox but that was then when he was playing a blinder.

I'm quite happy to debate soccer with anyone but don't see the value in personal insults simply because I have a different take on something It's a game of opinions after all and ive been wrong on many an occasion.

Perhaps in time you'll reflect and see you were a bit OTT. Until then enjoy the title race.

tyroneman

Celtic 3-1 down. Really need to dig out a result. Draw would not be a total disaster as the GD would still be a good bit better.

Not looking too good at moment though Stranger things have happened....