?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Nally Stand

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 10, 2011, 11:40:16 AM
Any one commenting on a Celtic thread with Loyalist Flag as his icon must surely only be stirring it? ;)

He more or less admitted to being a WUM:
Quote from: Evil Genius on March 09, 2011, 06:12:30 PM
P.S. I could say a whole lot of things about Rangers and some of the tramps who follow them etc, but my lashing into that lot on a GAAboard hardly makes for lively debate, does it?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 10, 2011, 11:31:34 AM
Yet when I make essentially the same point, according to certain posters that makes me a sectarian bigot.
Lennon is no angel but seemingly some people need no excuse to lay the boot in - you brought up his dealings outside of football which were IMO largely irrelevant, meaning I would class you under that category.

And as for his recent altercation with McCoist, IMO it was nothing different from what you'd see Arsene Wenger and other EPL managers do on a weekly basis with the opposing management/referee/linesman.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 09, 2011, 09:38:22 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 09, 2011, 09:32:31 PM
You cant make generalisations about anything, but there's plenty of bigots about. A lot of people merely lose the run of themselves for 90 mins in a lot of old firm games, hard to know what % carries it with them into daily life.
So what you're saying is that they can be bigots for 90 minutes but grand after that?
think this kind of neanderthalism happens to opposing soccer fans at most games , only at some places (eg windsor park) where death threats etc are /have been the norm.

About 13 years ago I was friendly with 2 protestant Celtic fans (one of which has a brother who supports rangers)who shout 'proddy b***d', 'orange b**d' , 'Hun f**s'  at rangers fans during Celtic games.
Rather bemusedly I pointed out that they 'werent exactly catholic themselves ' - they just laughed.
The jocks are a mad race.

I see it was all Neil lennons fault - in spite of never leaving his own techincal area - diof, mccoist etc just happened to be in or trying to get into the Celtic boss's area.
He is no angel  - like most of the global population, but apart from being outspoken and reactionary, he hasnt done a whole lot wrong here.
Celtic have hardly had a booking (or one tha was merited) against rangers this season , cant say the same for the gers though. So the ill disciplne is one sided - most likely because they see Celtic as the better team and cant handle it.

as for eg - well I was pointing out on here about the masked dupesque comments.
the backtracking never works !
maybe he is a friend of mccoist and andy gorham gang !!

Olaf

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 10, 2011, 01:38:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 09, 2011, 09:38:22 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 09, 2011, 09:32:31 PM
You cant make generalisations about anything, but there's plenty of bigots about. A lot of people merely lose the run of themselves for 90 mins in a lot of old firm games, hard to know what % carries it with them into daily life.
So what you're saying is that they can be bigots for 90 minutes but grand after that?
think this kind of neanderthalism happens to opposing soccer fans at most games , only at some places (eg windsor park) where death threats etc are /have been the norm.

About 13 years ago I was friendly with 2 protestant Celtic fans (one of which has a brother who supports rangers)who shout 'proddy b***d', 'orange b**d' , 'Hun f**s'  at rangers fans during Celtic games.
Rather bemusedly I pointed out that they 'werent exactly catholic themselves ' - they just laughed.
The jocks are a mad race.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 09, 2011, 10:38:48 PM
He wasn't much good in the whole thing either HS.

There is just something about Lennon for me though...

He is always attracting trouble. It can't always be the other persons fault.

Tell me then what has he done to "attract" bullets, hoax bombs, physical assualt on the street (more then once, including ABH), criminal damage to his property, attacks on his family and his family having to be evacuated from their house for their own safety??

I get that you don't have much time for Neil, but to come out with the above statement is wrong, you are giving sustinence to the scum that carry out the attacks - Lennon somehow deserves it, he brings it on himself!
Tbc....

Main Street

Sure Lennon must be guilty of something if he has attracted such extreme reactions, threats, scares, beatings, 24 hr security surveillance? ::)

I note that both Celtic and Lennon have repeatedly apologised for Lennon's ott reaction to McCoist.
Neither  Rangers nor their manager,  nor even McCoist himself, have issued an apology for McCoist's "aggressive exchanges with Lennon" - quote taken from the charge sheet.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 10, 2011, 08:02:46 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 09, 2011, 08:29:00 PM
Would it be fair to say that die hard Celtic and Rangers fans are bigots???

No, it would be erroneous, idiotic, infantile and make you more of a bigot than those you denounce as such.

Maybe my statement/question was worded badly. I still believe that the hatred between these two clubs comes down to religion and not football (really) is this not bigotory?

Saff are you saying I'm a bigot? sometimes I'm an idiot can be stupid and get things wrong but i think I'm right here. The two clubs fester hate.

edit: but thats my view of course, i wont fall out with anyone over it or get into name calling ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2011, 02:47:37 PM

No, it would be erroneous, idiotic, infantile and make you more of a bigot than those you denounce as such.

Maybe my statement/question was worded badly. I still believe that the hatred between these two clubs comes down to religion and not football (really) is this not bigotory?

Saff are you saying I'm a bigot? sometimes I'm an idiot can be stupid and get things wrong but i think I'm right here. The two clubs fester hate.

edit: but thats my view of course, i wont fall out with anyone over it or get into name calling ;)
as per my post above - the Celtic rangers thing isnt just a religious thing
even then, theres not too many of the Celtic jocks that I know that are catholic or practiscing catholics

saffron sam2

Certainly a big part of it, but by no means the origin or the sole reason for it.

If you believe the answer to your original question is yes, then yes I would say that is bigoted. There are elements within the support base and in the case of at least of the two clubs, within the club hierarchy who are clearly bigots. They use the clubs to channel their own bigotry and hate. But to label all as bigots is clearly wrong.

You should, it's very therapeutic, Baldy.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Just a few of the countless tributes paid to the Celtic Pk atmosphere and Celtic fans, at home and when abroad.

I speak for everyone when I describe the behaviour of the Celtic supporters as immaculate. With all the bother concerning racial insults and hooligan behaviour, these fans were a breath of fresh air. Barcelona Police spokesman

I fell a bit in love with Celtic, because the atmosphere was amazing and the crowd was magnificent, the way they behaved with the Porto fans. Jose Mourinho : June 2003

The incredible thing was the people. For an opposition player it is quite incredible. I have not seen a better atmosphere from the grounds I have visited. Gerard (FC Barcelona) : 2004

The atmosphere generated by the fans in Celtic's stadium for our visit was the most impressive I've ever witnessed. The grounds of Liverpool and Manchester United are good and the hostile feeling of playing against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu is also excellent, but the atmosphere against Celtic was the best. Xavi (Barcelona) : Sep '04

The best fans on the continent. El Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona

The atmosphere here tonight was unbelievable and it's an honour to play in such an arena. Oliver Khan (Bayern Munich)

Every professional footballer should seek to play at least one game at Celtic Park. I have never felt anything like it. Paolo Maldini

This is the most fantastic support in the world. I hope you win. Franz Beckenbaur (on Celtic v Bayern Munich)

I have never experienced anything like it. This is a lesson for all football clubs about how to be proper football supporters. This is the best club in the world. Michel Platini

The atmosphere inside Celtic Park is one of the best in Europe - it's absolutely incredible. Sven-Goran Eriksson

In my experience, which embraces big matches at Old Trafford, Anfield, Ibrox, the San Siro and the Nou Camp, there's nowhere else remotely like Parkhead on a Champions League night. Brian Viner (The Independent)

This is what we need in Italy - this type of environment. This was the essence of sport. To hear the Celtic fans singing and chanting after the game was incredible. Carlo Ancelotti (AC Milan) : 8th Mar '07

This place makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. There is nowhere like it in football, and I can see how the people love to play here and speak so highly of it. Samuel Eto'o : 20th February '08

It will be a real pleasure to visit Celtic Park and feel the atmosphere of a great UEFA Champions League night at such a great venue. The Celtic supporters are fantastic, in fact the best travelling supporters in the world as we have seen many times. I know that Celtic supporters are extremely passionate about their club, a club which I believe, like FC Barcelona, is different. We know that supporters will travel in huge numbers to follow their team, but we also know the great reputation of good behaviour which Celtic fans enjoy and clearly we are looking forward to hosting the Celtic fans in the city once again. We hope all Celtic supporters enjoy their visit to Barcelona. Juan Laporta (President FC Barcelona) : 20th Feb '08

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on March 10, 2011, 05:01:36 PM
Just a few of the countless tributes paid to the Celtic Pk atmosphere and Celtic fans, at home and when abroad.

I speak for everyone when I describe the behaviour of the Celtic supporters as immaculate. With all the bother concerning racial insults and hooligan behaviour, these fans were a breath of fresh air. Barcelona Police spokesman

I fell a bit in love with Celtic, because the atmosphere was amazing and the crowd was magnificent, the way they behaved with the Porto fans. Jose Mourinho : June 2003

The incredible thing was the people. For an opposition player it is quite incredible. I have not seen a better atmosphere from the grounds I have visited. Gerard (FC Barcelona) : 2004

The atmosphere generated by the fans in Celtic's stadium for our visit was the most impressive I've ever witnessed. The grounds of Liverpool and Manchester United are good and the hostile feeling of playing against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu is also excellent, but the atmosphere against Celtic was the best. Xavi (Barcelona) : Sep '04

The best fans on the continent. El Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona

The atmosphere here tonight was unbelievable and it's an honour to play in such an arena. Oliver Khan (Bayern Munich)

Every professional footballer should seek to play at least one game at Celtic Park. I have never felt anything like it. Paolo Maldini

This is the most fantastic support in the world. I hope you win. Franz Beckenbaur (on Celtic v Bayern Munich)

I have never experienced anything like it. This is a lesson for all football clubs about how to be proper football supporters. This is the best club in the world. Michel Platini

The atmosphere inside Celtic Park is one of the best in Europe - it's absolutely incredible. Sven-Goran Eriksson

In my experience, which embraces big matches at Old Trafford, Anfield, Ibrox, the San Siro and the Nou Camp, there's nowhere else remotely like Parkhead on a Champions League night. Brian Viner (The Independent)

This is what we need in Italy - this type of environment. This was the essence of sport. To hear the Celtic fans singing and chanting after the game was incredible. Carlo Ancelotti (AC Milan) : 8th Mar '07

This place makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. There is nowhere like it in football, and I can see how the people love to play here and speak so highly of it. Samuel Eto'o : 20th February '08

It will be a real pleasure to visit Celtic Park and feel the atmosphere of a great UEFA Champions League night at such a great venue. The Celtic supporters are fantastic, in fact the best travelling supporters in the world as we have seen many times. I know that Celtic supporters are extremely passionate about their club, a club which I believe, like FC Barcelona, is different. We know that supporters will travel in huge numbers to follow their team, but we also know the great reputation of good behaviour which Celtic fans enjoy and clearly we are looking forward to hosting the Celtic fans in the city once again. We hope all Celtic supporters enjoy their visit to Barcelona. Juan Laporta (President FC Barcelona) : 20th Feb '08

Here are some quotes from the Celtic fans I heard when watching the last Old Firm game,  "Get into these orange Kunts"  "f**king Huns" "shower of orange bastards" I could go on. Some of these Celtic and Rangers fans meet up at flash points (i believe they text each other) in Belfast and have a riot after one of these games. All good craic of course because they are passionate fans with great supporters.

Each to their own of course.

Doogie Browser

Some cheap shots thrown in here, Celtic fans are respected worldwide. Seville 2003 being a great example.

Milltown Row2

No cheap shots, but this whiter than white stuff is balls.

The "we are better than them" attitude needs to stop. I know we could give loads of examples of Celtic fans that have been injured and in a lot of cases have lost their life after Old Firm games due to mindless thugs who have grown up hating each other over football (allegedly)

I know most posters would condemn Celtic players/fans/officials if they carried on like McCoist/Goram (in the past)

the colonel

There's a man there with an Antrim Hoody on him MR! ;)
the difference between success and failure is energy