7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 10, 2011, 12:06:48 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 10, 2011, 11:12:30 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 10, 2011, 08:41:55 AM
Quote from: The Worker on January 09, 2011, 06:36:33 PM
Disgrace.
I suppose it was your one with the 20p yet again.  ::)
And to think owc fans still despise Lennon for walking out on his country (sic).
owc fans are more annoyed / outraged by this than people on here.
I really doubt that yous are.
Here are the first three posts, verbatim, on the relevant thread on the OWC website:

"I hope they catch the scum that did this and throw away the key"

"Whoever done this are not owc supporters. All the hard work trying to get Catholics to play for us can be undone with headcases like them"

"scumbags. I wish to f*ck people in those country would just wise up and move on. absolute c*nts the lot of them"

But hey, you doubtless know more about NI fans than we ourselves do... ::)
based on what that 'website' usually posts I dont think I would be too far off the mark.
thats the 'educated' section of their support also...the knuckledraggers would be even worse.

anyhow when you have folks calling up making death threats , others sending bullets through the post etc etc  to players from Johnny crossan up to Lennon and now niall mcginn- but they are all great lads just having a laugh  ::)

Evil Genius

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 10, 2011, 12:47:28 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on January 10, 2011, 12:06:48 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 10, 2011, 11:12:30 AM
Disgrace.
And to think owc fans still despise Lennon for walking out on his country (sic).
I really doubt that yous are.
Here are the first three posts, verbatim, on the relevant thread on the OWC website:

"I hope they catch the scum that did this and throw away the key"

"Whoever done this are not owc supporters. All the hard work trying to get Catholics to play for us can be undone with headcases like them"

"scumbags. I wish to f*ck people in those country would just wise up and move on. absolute c*nts the lot of them"

But hey, you doubtless know more about NI fans than we ourselves do... ::)
based on what that 'website' usually posts I dont think I would be too far off the mark.
The OWC thread is now up to 5 pages and 63 posts. Not one contributor is anything less than "annoyed/outraged" by the whole carry-on.
Which is hardly surprising, considering some unknown individual(s) has threatened one of our best and most popular players.

But I suppose if you are hell-bent on imagining something else, without even referring to the site, I have no way of preventing you from wallowing in the comfort of your own shite prejudices.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 10, 2011, 12:47:28 PMthats the 'educated' section of their support also...the knuckledraggers would be even worse.
The OWC membership contains everything from PHD's to people who left school at 16, without a qualification to their name.
Just about the only thing we all have in common is that we are NI fans (and therefore deplore this sort of despicable attack on our players, wherever the attacks come from)

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 10, 2011, 12:47:28 PManyhow when you have folks calling up making death threats , others sending bullets through the post etc etc  to players from Johnny crossan up to Lennon and now niall mcginn- but they are all great lads just having a laugh  ::)
No, the people who do this sort of thing are nothing better than scumbags, pure and simple.

But following your posts on the topic, I feel compelled to say that people like you, who use such incidents to express malicious, unfounded and bigoted generalisations about others, whom you neither know nor understand, are not that much different in principle  from the thugs who issue the threats, but are merely less further along the same, prejudiced spectrum.

Northern Ireland could dearly do without the whole "spectrum" entirely.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

lynchbhoy

.. ::)   
oh cry me a river ..

fecks sake. for all yer squirming and hot air its like the OO - they are just 'hiding it better' these days !
like the oo - taking the anti- Catholic stuff off their web site in the past 24-36 months (when it was openly displayed for years) - the stateletsoccer.co.uk site is just policing it properly .
dont tell me that these goons have all changed overnight.
If you insist that this has, then you are a bigger fool than you look on here !

the only way this will improve somewhat and get rid of all these bullet senders/death threat merchants (see I know enough about their prev antics in order to comment !!) is to merge these two sihte soccer teams and follow the rugby model - then only the odd gabsihte will be down and boo the national anthem in Croke park/ Lansdowne rd.
but it will dilute the sectarian breeding current statelet soccer setup !

The Worker

Disgrace.

Are you the spokesman for owc fans? good man

Evil Genius

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 10, 2011, 05:45:57 PM
oh cry me a river ..

fecks sake. for all yer squirming and hot air its like the OO - they are just 'hiding it better' these days !
like the oo - taking the anti- Catholic stuff off their web site in the past 24-36 months (when it was openly displayed for years) - the stateletsoccer.co.uk site is just policing it properly .
I see. When, in the face of all evidence to the contrary, you are challenged to back up your (frankly bigoted) allegation that nothing has changed amongst the NI support etc, the best you can come up with is "They're only hiding it better these days blah, blah, blah".

This despite the fact that someone who is bitter enough to send bullets to a footballer etc, is hardly going to give a stuff about his image, is he?

And you claim that I am the "fool" here....

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 10, 2011, 05:45:57 PMthe only way this will improve somewhat and get rid of all these bullet senders/death threat merchants (see I know enough about their prev antics in order to comment !!) is to merge these two sihte soccer teams and follow the rugby model - then only the odd gabsihte will be down and boo the national anthem in Croke park/ Lansdowne rd.
Right.

So the type of lowlife who is so outraged at seeing a "fenian" [sic] playing for NI that he will send them bullets in the post etc, is suddenly going to cease such behaviour in the event of the NI team being subsumed into an all-Ireland team, playing its games in Dublin, to the sound of the Soldiers Song and whilst a Tricolour flies over the grandstand.

Aye, that'll likely work.

You can't have have much regard for your credibility as a poster, have you?

Or is it that you really lack the basic intelligence to understand the implications of the drivel you post?

Either way... ::)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: The Worker on January 10, 2011, 06:15:29 PM
Disgrace.

No he's not, but I know that Myles Na G has visited the site today. So unless you have done so as well, I'd say that he's in a better position than you to judge the mood of the OWC membership.

Indeed, when he avers that NI fans are uniformly outraged by one of our own being threatened, I can confirm that his assessment is bang on the money.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

The Worker

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 10, 2011, 06:34:57 PM
Quote from: The Worker on January 10, 2011, 06:15:29 PM
Disgrace.

No he's not, but I know that Myles Na G has visited the site today. So unless you have done so as well, I'd say that he's in a better position than you to judge the mood of the OWC membership.

Indeed, when he avers that NI fans are uniformly outraged by one of our own being threatened, I can confirm that his assessment is bang on the money.

:D

You crack me up Eg, you really do! do you know what i had for breakfast too?!

Evil Genius

Quote from: The Worker on January 10, 2011, 06:38:17 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on January 10, 2011, 06:34:57 PM

:D

You crack me up Eg, you really do! do you know what i had for breakfast too?!
No can't say what it was you had for breakfast - it doesn't say here:

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=5630

Similarly, I don't know what MnG had for his breakfast, since the equivalent OWC search doesn't record such details, either.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 10, 2011, 06:28:51 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 10, 2011, 05:45:57 PM
oh cry me a river ..

I see. When, in the face of all evidence to the contrary, you are challenged to back up your (frankly bigoted) allegation that nothing has changed amongst the NI support etc, the best you can come up with is "They're only hiding it better these days blah, blah, blah".

This despite the fact that someone who is bitter enough to send bullets to a footballer etc, is hardly going to give a stuff about his image, is he?

And you claim that I am the "fool" here....

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 10, 2011, 05:45:57 PMthe only way this will improve somewhat and get rid of all these bullet senders/death threat merchants (see I know enough about their prev antics in order to comment !!) is to merge these two sihte soccer teams and follow the rugby model - then only the odd gabsihte will be down and boo the national anthem in Croke park/ Lansdowne rd.
Right.

So the type of lowlife who is so outraged at seeing a "fenian" [sic] playing for NI that he will send them bullets in the post etc, is suddenly going to cease such behaviour in the event of the NI team being subsumed into an all-Ireland team, playing its games in Dublin, to the sound of the Soldiers Song and whilst a Tricolour flies over the grandstand.

Aye, that'll likely work.

You can't have have much regard for your credibility as a poster, have you?

Or is it that you really lack the basic intelligence to understand the implications of the drivel you post?

Either way... ::)
LOL - as they say...what a crap post !! - talk about trying to defend the indefensible !!!

so the statelet soccer website was never a source of such vitriol previously !!?? :D
people must have imagined it all - just like these bullets and death threats must be made up too ...
a bit like the 'country' status of that statelet soccer team !!  :D

meanwhile Celtic players/management like McGinn and Lennon must feel like its groundhog day all over again...

lynchbhoy

see rangers are at home to Celtic in the scots cup 5th round draw.
I was actually hoping for this draw. it matters not where its held. if Celtic are any good of have any designs on being good, they should want to have a go at rangers and thus unsettle them for the rest of the season.
Somehow I think walter smith and his better tactical ability will win out against lennon despite rangers being penniless.

illdecide

I dunno, i think Celtic can kick on from last weeks game against Rangers. They now have the belief and the stronger squad to do so and it will be worse for Rangers if they have to sell Kenny Miller, that would be the nail in their coffin (i believe).
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Re Bullets

Funny you only seem to hear from EG and Myles na Gob when OWC are getting a bad press!

The scum who did this are below vermin, but fair dues to EG he has condemned them.

Sadly the fact is that these animals will consider themselves loyalists, unionists, british and more than likely OWC, EG I feel you will have a hard job getting rid off these idiots. I do wish you well, and will accept that the iFA have done a fair job so fr, but there is a major section still to be lanced.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Celtic manager Neil Lennon gets six-match touchline ban 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9358188.stm

I think this is shocking, two match ban maybe, though I thought not, but on appeal to turn it into a six match ban!!!! SFA don't even tell you WHY!!!!

Below is a piece from another forum which I think sums it up well.

How do we measure levels of aggression? What did Lennon do that made him excessively aggressive. I dont recall seeing him raise a hand, attempt to punch anyone. He had a right good shout, passions were high, but at no point did he look as if he was about to lose control and smash someone over the head.

Maybe someone else watching it would think he was about to, but thats my point. Its not something that is clearly measurable. How do you define what merits a 2 game ban and what merits a 6 game ban.

As for the original decision. He was angry because once again we had been cheated on the field. Whether by accident by a referee who just wasn't good enough or intentionally by a referee with an agenda we will never know. The red card was debatable and could have went either way. The penalty was a stonewaller. Put the two together and the circumstances previously and you can see why lennon over-reacted.

The problem with scottish football is there is no common sense. just look at the restructuring debate. Lennon deserved to be sent off. He deserved his 2 match ban. Celtic should have accepted that but thought in the light of the decisions and the previous that they would appeal. Instead of showing common sense and confirming the original 2 match ban the appeals panel trebled it to "make a statement". Typical of everything that is wrong in scottish football.
Tbc....

Main Street

It's hard to credit just how much Lennon is hated by football folk in Scotland. He is the focus for so much bigotry and vitriol by the mentally challenged.
His form has followed him, in England he even had the brazen audacity to give a head butt to Shearer's foot.

Clown

The other person who got similar abuse to Lennon, from every other set of fans in Scotland was McGeady
it really is a country steeped in sectarianism

McGeady made reference to it when he left the club saying these fans hated everything he stood for as an irish catholic playing for Celtic, and he wasn't just talking about Rangers fans, think he said Motherwell and places like that were just as bad