?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Quote from: the colonel on August 27, 2010, 12:14:51 PM
The term comes goes back to the days of Stein and before. Yes they were an ttacking team, but certainly had a solid defence. Only O'Neill in recent times did have a credible defence (and a far better over all squad with alot more money to spend).

I never said he was a fan before. I said he was a player at the club. Different arguement
i'm not picking up or arguing against you on those..
just imo that the manager doesnt have to be a 'celtic man' or 'celtic fan' to be a manager(or even a player) at the club.

would agree, only MON had a decent defence, and its no surprise Celtic were at their best in those years.
Surprised in a way that lennon hasnt concentrated on this, but that I suppose is where lack of exp kicks in.

theres no point in replacing him now, only MON - who'd hardly come back , or Hodgson - now taken - would have been good enouhg for me at least.

lolafrola

Most of you are getting carried away with yourselves, the man had a terrible result last night (none disputing that). But it's still August FFS and some people are calling for his head, don't forget he has signed 9 (so far) new players from last year so at least he knew the personell from the past few seasons were not good enough.

Now anyone who expects a team to gel straight away after signing 9 new players is either naive or stupid, judge Neil Lennon in Feb or March time like they did with T Mowbray and if he's made a pig's ear of it then you cast your vote but i would be confident by then we'll be sitting top of the pile and not a mention of this.

I suspect this is a blessing in disguise for Celtic, there will be no distractions there for him to go and win the league and by this time next year i fully expect a different and more solid Celtic team.
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

Muzz

Have heard next to nothing about it.  Wasnt in any gossip I read!  Seems all to have happened pretty quick.  Cant say I am disappointed.  1 good game all season so far including pre season games.

Clown

Quote from: lolafrola on August 27, 2010, 02:44:15 PM
Most of you are getting carried away with yourselves, the man had a terrible result last night (none disputing that). But it's still August FFS and some people are calling for his head, don't forget he has signed 9 (so far) new players from last year so at least he knew the personell from the past few seasons were not good enough.

Now anyone who expects a team to gel straight away after signing 9 new players is either naive or stupid, judge Neil Lennon in Feb or March time like they did with T Mowbray and if he's made a pig's ear of it then you cast your vote but i would be confident by then we'll be sitting top of the pile and not a mention of this.

I suspect this is a blessing in disguise for Celtic, there will be no distractions there for him to go and win the league and by this time next year i fully expect a different and more solid Celtic team.
wudnt be so sure of this

Rangers hav added good attacking players - Jelavic, Beattie, Weiss - and always seem to be stronger than Celtic in defence

Another transfer window come and gone and Samaras is still leading our attack!!  ???

AidyMac

In the dressing room at full-time last night.

Lenny : Marc you're f**king useless tonight, what the f**k man?

Fortune: I'm sorry gaffer I...

Lenny: I don't want to hear it you . get out of my sight.

(10hrs later Lenny's mobile rings)

WBA: We'd like to firm up our offer for Fortune?

Lenny: THOMMO! START THE f**king CAR - ROAD TRIP!

(5 hours later - there's a loud knock at WBA training ground)

Lenny: There you go! Delivered for you.

(dust hands)  ;D ;D ;D

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 27, 2010, 11:51:45 AM
Quote from: the colonel on August 27, 2010, 11:09:16 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 27, 2010, 09:32:15 AM
Quote from: Clown on August 27, 2010, 09:23:14 AM
Lennon has now been in charge for our 2 most shambolic and embarrassing performances in recent times - last night, and the Ross Co semi final

but because he's a 'celtic man' he'll escape criticism from a lot of quarters
I never understood that.
I dont think Jock Stein was a 'Celtic fan' before he became manager.

Either you do a good job or you dont. Whether you support Celtic or not does not matter when you look at the results !!
For me personally I also dont give a fiddlers about the 'Celtic way' of playing- all out attacking football either- to me these days this is guaranteed footballing hari-kiri !

Big Jock played for Celtic for a few years before he was manager. Helped him understand the Celtic way before he became manager
yes , but lke dalglish he wasnt a Celtic fan (Kenny was a rangers fan) before he joined Celtic as far as I know.

the celtic way is playing soccer in an all out attack manner , if you concede 5 , you'll score 6 type of thing - no emphasis on defence, just all out attack.
Looking at last night,the current team have part of the 'celtic way'  - where they dont concentrate on defence !!

this all out attack style is dead in the water in modern soccer.

I'd have had souness, George graham or even walter smith at Celtic - results are the only consideration imo.
Is that a typo? Judged on results alone - ie. not necessarily performances - Strachan has been the most successful manager since Stein, yet you don't have a good word to say for him.
Sorry to say it, but Lennon is out of his depth. He doesn't have the experience to cope at this level. Sure he's won a few matches in the league, bit he's lost the games that counted. Take any manager from any division of the Scottish league and put them in charge at CP and they'd win more league than they'd lose. The gap in terms of resources between the Old Firm and the rest is such that the two Glasgow teams are in third gear most of the time. The Celtic Board went for the easy choice when they should've spent money bringing the best possible manager to the club. Can you imagine Man U making Paul Scholes or Giggs manager after Fergie's gone? No chance. They'll spend millions on Mourinho or somebody of that ilk. Celtic should've pursued Paul Lambert and made him an offer he couldn't refuse. He'd still be my first choice.

red hander

Quote from: Clown on August 27, 2010, 12:23:10 PM
my point was more regarding the Celtic fans that i know and listen to

Barnes was sacked for the inverness caley cup defeat, Strachan was villified and despite winning 3 out of 4 titles never fully won over a lot of the celtic support after the Artmedia hammering - to me the Ross Co and Utrecht beatings are on a par with these 2 games - yet i'd be surprised if you could find many Celtic fans calling for Lennon's head this morning

With Barnes the Inverness Caley defeat was just the straw that broke the camel's back.  Great footballer but as useful as a chocolate teapot as a manager (Tranmere, anyone?) and the man who spent the guts of 6m on Rafael Shite.  As for Strachan, he was not at all popular with Celtic fans when he was an Aberdeen player as he used to deliberately wind them up (remember one of them attacked him on the Parkhead pitch) and there was still a hangover from that ... his 'pithy' responses to serious questions from journalists also rubbed a lot of supporters up the wrong way, as it was seen as him attempting to get a cheap laugh at the expense of giving supporters information about team matters and players ... Lennon needs time and he deserves to be given that time

Muzz

Honestly half you boys need to have a look at yourself?

Saying Lennon is out of his depth...Catch yourself on...Get behind the team

As some posters have said!  Lets see how it goes turn of the year.  I for one have confidence that you'd best lay rangers for the title. 

Lennon deserves time!  Same as any manager does!  I like his mentality last night.  He set out to go for a goal...some woeful defending later we were 2 down.  Start of second half.  Set up to keep it tight...3 playing in front of the hopeless Centre Backs...3 down.  Losing those 3 goals were not the fault of Lennon!  He set the team up to play in a way they never did.  On the training pitch the mistakes last night would never have happened.  The players are to blame last night.  Individual mistakes! 

Paddy McCourt should start every game.  Whilst he is a Kamikaze at times.  Drop a man back into his position to cover for losing the ball.  Hes the only one that will take on a player.  Hes won Celtic more games than hes lost them. 

Main Street

Fortune had a poor game against Utrecht but in other games I have seen I thought he was good. Chalk and cheese between him and Samaras re first touch, close control and ability to dribble past a player. He had the ability to play on the right but the team needs a striker, unfortunate that the new guy got injured.
That Scott Brown has an ugly attitude. In one incident he faked getting hurt from a head movement in the general direction of his face, he managed to get the (talented)Utrecht player booked for it, then he spends 5 minutes following the ref and mouthing off, earning himself a yellow.

Re Lennon, tactical mess, starting the young lad Forrest for eg, he gambled on getting a goal and killing the tie. What a waste of a very good result in the home tie.

DirtyDozen12

Niall McGinn has been spotted in Wolverhampton   :o :o

Could the deal go through!!!!

Be some move for the boy, stay tuned!!!!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Doogie Browser

Club Rossa

Minutes applause for him before the Hearts game this weekend.

clarshack

Former Celtic player Evander Sno suffered a heart attack playing for Ajax last night. apparently he had to be revived 4 times. hope he recovers OK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8995971.stm